Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,919 members, 7,852,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:35 PM

My Mother Flogged Me Many Times For Playing Football- Aghahowa - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / My Mother Flogged Me Many Times For Playing Football- Aghahowa (462 Views)

Vincent Enyeama And Son Playing Football Game (Photo) / Where On Earth Is Pius Ikedia, Julius Aghahowa, Victor Agali And Efe Sodje / Best Finisher: Obafemi Martins, Yakubu Aiyegbeni, or Julius Aghahowa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Mother Flogged Me Many Times For Playing Football- Aghahowa by naijacenter(f): 6:05am On Aug 19, 2013
[img][/img]Former Super Eagles and Shakhtar Donetsk striker, Julius Efosa Aghahowa, has stated that he was disciplined a great deal by his “concerned mother”, who never wanted him to play football.

According to ‘Agha Wonder’, his mother would always give him six strokes of the cane when he was young for daring to play football. But he said that none of those punishments weakened his passion for the beautiful game, as he remained adamant and continued to sneak out at every opportunity to play the game that gave him joy and fulfilment.

He, however, explained that his mother was not disciplining him for the sake of punishment, but as a caring parent, she never wanted him to sustain injuries, as she had no money to take him to the hospital if the unexpected had happened.

Read more: http://www.naijacenter.com/my-mother-flogged-me-many-times-for-playing-football-aghahowa/

(1) (Reply)

DECO Announces Retirement / Ribery Wins UEFA 2012/2013 Player Of The Year Award / What Makes A Perfect Captain?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.