Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,157 members, 7,864,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:29 AM

Why You Should Not Be Discouraged! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Should Not Be Discouraged! (456 Views)

What I Saw On Nairaland That Discouraged Me From Converting To Islam / Refuse To Discouraged - Pastor Chris / Help! My Children Are Discouraged About Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why You Should Not Be Discouraged! by ACKCITY: 12:06pm On Aug 19, 2013
When the Israelites returned to Judah after being taken captive for several years during the time of Prophet Nehemiah, they discovered that the walls of the city had been destroyed by the enemies. A message was sent to Nememiah who was serving under King Aterxerses about the state of things in Jerusalem.

Nehemiah prayed and fasted that the king would grant his request to go down to Jerusalem to build the walls, the king granted his request and he went and started the work. As he commenced the work, some people came to discourage, they mocked him, particularly Samballat and Gesham (They were enemies of God). There are many Samballats and Geshams in our world today. They will come in different forms to discourage you when you are making progress in your career, your business and projects.

Many people do not want you to succeed in your God-given dreams and will try every avenue to stop you. Please keep up with your dreams, don't be discouraged! Particularly if you are trusting God for your break through. You will not fail in Jesus name.

Praise God! In Nehemiah Chapter 6, Nehemiah continued the building of the walls of Judah in spite of the discouragement and mockery by his enemies particularly Samballat, Tobiah, Gesham the Arab. They sent some letters to him to discourage him from building.

Nehemiah 6:2-3, “So Samballat and Gesham sent a message asking me to meet them at one of the villages in the plain of Ono. But I realized they were plotting to harm me, so I replied by sending this message to them, “I am engaged in a great work, so I can’t come. Why should I stop working to come and meet with you?”

When you are working on a life changing project, dream, destiny changing business, enemies will try to distract you, they will say many discouraging things to stop you, and they will even mock you. They will want the project to fail, so they can laugh at you, but you have to remain steadfast to your dreams, you must be determined to achieve your heart desires. Particularly because you trust in God, your project will succeed in Jesus name, amen.

Nehemiah said, “four times they sent the same message and each time I gave the same reply” Nehemiah 6:4

Learn to be consistent in your goals, be steadfast to your dreams, do not fret. Read the whole of Nehemiah chapter 6; they tried all sorts of tricks to discourage Nehemiah from building the temple but he remained steadfast.

In chapter 6:9, Nehemiah said, “they were just trying to intimidate us, imagining that they could discourage us and stop the work. So I continued the work with even greater determination".

When all that didn’t work, they tried using a close person to Nehemiah to work against him; they used Shemaiah the son of Delaiah to frighten him. He told him a lie by saying, “Let us meet together inside the temple of God and bolt the doors shut. Your enemies are coming to kill you tonight” But I replied “Should someone in my position run from danger? I realized God had not spoken to him, but he had uttered this prophecy against me because Tobiah and Samballat had hired him. They were hoping to intimidate me and make me sin. Then they would be able to accuse and discredit me” Nehemiah 6:10-13.

You see, so when you are making progress in your destiny, in your business, in your career, ministry, family life, marriage; people will try all sort of things to discourage you, please do not listen to them, follow your heart, especially if you are being guided by God, you will know how to respond, and you will surely be successful.Be determine to succeed regardless of whatever obstacles that may come your way.

Even in ministry work, people will try to discourage you so that you don't succeed. Always allow the words of God to be your guide in everything that you do.

What happened at the end? Read this, “So on October 2, the wall was finished- just fifty-two days after we had begun. When our enemies and the surrounding nations heard about it, they were frightened and humiliated. They realized this work had been done with the help of our God” Nehemiah 6:15 -16

This is possible because it was God who helped him accomplish this. God will help you to accomplish your goals today in Jesus name. Just be determined to make it.

Halleluiah! Today your enemies will be ashamed in Jesus name, amen. Pray this prayer, “Remember, O my God all the evil things that my enemies have done. And remember all those who have tried to intimidate me" Nehemiah 6:14.

Secondly pray that God will make you accomplish your purpose. Nehemiah finished the building of the walls in 52 days. God will speed up your recovery process, amen.

Thirdly, Psalm 43:1 says, "Declare me innocent, O God! Defend me against these ungodly people. Rescue me from these unjust liars. For you are God, my only safe haven" Pray that God declares you innocent and expose all those liars who against your destiny.

Lastly, Psalm 43: 3-4 says, "O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles. Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God"

Praise the Lord

CITY Pastor

Source: http://www.citofgod.com/don-t-be-discouraged

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hazardous!!! The Danger Of Fear / God Is Good All The Time.. / Nudge The Balance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.