Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,573 members, 7,820,060 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

What Does God Do For A Living? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does God Do For A Living? (1087 Views)

If Jesus Is Called The Son Of God, Do You Think That Makes Him God? / Why Did God Do These Things? Inviting Reyginus And Any Other Interested Parties / What Did God Do For You In 2009? Share Your Testimonies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does God Do For A Living? by cold(m): 4:44pm On Aug 19, 2013
I often ask myself,ok assuming for a second there is truly a God out there what exactly does he do for a living? What's a normal day (which he claims it's a year to him)like up there in Heaven?Tsunamis happen,he sees them but doesn't make any attempt to stop it.Earthquakes rock nations & kill in the hundreds & he sees it coming & does nothing.Hurricanes,floods,famine,wars,violence,pestilence,conflagration,murders,rap3s,killings in his name which is even the saddest part & so many evil stuff too numerous to mention which God doesn't even make the slightest attempt to stop dead in their tracks.
Seriously what exactly are God's responsibilities?I can't understand how a God considered the Alpha & Omega,the beginning & the end,the creator of the universe and so on & so forth can just sit on his throne and watch his project go to pieces.Or is it all part of the grand design?Again i ask,what exactly are God's responsibilities?Is is just to create as many human beings and leave them to their own devices?Is it just all singing and merrymaking up there with no regards for the sufferings of his creations? Is it all about building solid gold mansions and streets studded with rubies? Or is it listening to copious amount of prayers in different versions,styles & tongues?What exactly?
If the argument is that God created a world bright & beautiful but the Devil ruined it.It begs the question,what is God's role right now in the grand scheme of things?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does God Do For A Living? by AlfaB: 4:57pm On Aug 19, 2013
there is no god. and everything makes sense.
Re: What Does God Do For A Living? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 19, 2013
http://www.dare2share.org/top10/what-does-god-do/:

What does God do?

God is different than people in the sense that He is absolutely self-sufficient. He doesn¹t get lonely or bored. He doen't need cable or GameBoy or sports. At the same time, God in His nature is big on bringing glory to Himself. Basically, God is about the business of making His name and reputation BIG! Therefore His will and actions are a part of an ultimate plan to glorify Himself. It is almost as if God is a master artist, and He is painting a Masterpiece on the canvas of time. When God began painting, it was the beginning of time, when the picture is completed, it will be the end of time. We live in the midst of the brush strokes, so it is impossible to see how everything fits together, but we can be assured that the Artist knows what He is doing.

He is bringing everything (every kingdom - spiritual and physical; every person - saved and unsaved; every being - angelic, human and animal) under His absolute authority.

"Then the end will come, when he (Jesus) hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet...When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all." I Corinthians 15:24-28.

At the same time God is drawing humanity to Himself through His Holy Spirit. He created mankind to be with Him but sin separated humanity from their Creator. Since then God has been seeking to draw mankind back to Himself. He sent His Son to redeem our depraved souls. He sends His Spirit to draw us back into a proper relationship with Himself.

3 Likes

Re: What Does God Do For A Living? by AlfaB: 5:20pm On Aug 19, 2013
^^^whatever
Re: What Does God Do For A Living? by cold(m): 5:30pm On Aug 19, 2013
@Ledafaze,that argument just doesn't stack up.It is weak & paint God as lazy & completely out of touch with the realities of the times we live in
Re: What Does God Do For A Living? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 19, 2013
cold: @Ledafaze,that argument just doesn't stack up.It is weak & paint God as lazy & completely out of touch with the realities of the times we live in

Please dont be cold as your name implies... lols...

Be open and read inbetween the lines to see the real sense for yourself. Dont tell me you are waiting for me to point out that He is also responding to our prayers oh... He listen to the prayers of the saints... you know how many people are praying at this moment? Come on! He is a strategist making his plan come to pass... Making sure that He empowers his saints to be able to win more souls to the Kingdom and when its filled up (which I will be one of by His grace), then WE will then round things up!

3 Likes

Re: What Does God Do For A Living? by cold(m): 5:55pm On Aug 19, 2013
ledafaze:

Please dont be cold as your name implies... lols...

Be open and read inbetween the lines to see the real sense for yourself. Dont tell me you are waiting for me to point out that He is also responding to our prayers oh... He listen to the prayers of the saints... you know how many people are praying at this moment? Come on! He is a strategist making his plan come to pass... Making sure that He empowers his saints to be able to win more souls to the Kingdom and when its filled up (which I will be one of by His grace), then WE will then round things up!
Oh please!This is akin to after struggling to put up a beautiful house,you just sit there and watch someone knock it down brick by brick and do nothing.Whist saying to yourself,you're waiting for the right time to react.Does that even make sense to you?Or would you give the 'God's ways are not our ways' standard rhetoric reserved for all trick questions?
Re: What Does God Do For A Living? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 19, 2013
cold:
Oh please!This is akin to after struggling to put up a beautiful house,you just sit there and watch someone knock it down brick by brick and do nothing.Whist saying to yourself,you're waiting for the right time to react.Does that even make sense to you?Or would you give the 'God's ways are not our ways' standard rhetoric reserved for all trick questions?

Believe me... you will need to talk straight... Pinpoint ur question
Re: What Does God Do For A Living? by cold(m): 6:19pm On Aug 19, 2013
ledafaze:

Believe me... you will need to talk straight... Pinpoint ur question
My question is as straight forward as they come.Why has the world gone pear shaped under God's watch?If we can criticise the president for not living up to his responsibilities;a mere mortal what more an all seeing & all knowing God.Shouldn't more be expected of him?
Re: What Does God Do For A Living? by Jochebed7(f): 9:11pm On Aug 19, 2013
ur questions are valid and many times we dont like to admit we may not have all the answers. Like yourself, i have a lot of questions. At first they were mostly casual but then early this year i experienced a major tragedy that shook my world and all of a sudden the questions became personal and more urgent. I got angry, raved, rebelled, am still angry but even it somehow my faith keeps me. I may not be able to explain all d darkness and pain but i know in it God's light shines on us if we open ourselves to it. I knw a whole lot of grief is of human origin but that does not explain it all, lyk i said still searcing for answers.
Re: What Does God Do For A Living? by Venerable612(m): 2:47pm On Oct 21, 2013
Mr Cold... U luk tu me a Phil student. Well... D strenth of Ur argument lies in d Fact dat there z "Evil in d Universe".
But i dnt tink dats enuf reason 2 question Gods xistenc or lack of actions. I "believe" God must av REASONS 4 alowin tins apen d way dey do; and we cant always xpect Him(God) to giv us reasons why he alows dese tinz apen(Why is He God in d fest place).
I wil just enjoin u 2 tke d fideist stanc. bliv in Jesus nau... Nd liv acordin 2 His tenets. If U die nd dere z aa reality of Heaven nd hell.. Den u wud mke heaven..nd if dere isnt.. U wont b loosin anytin.
Re: What Does God Do For A Living? by cold(m): 3:45pm On Oct 21, 2013
▲▲▲ And why should i spend the rest of my life pretending to pay obeisance to an imaginary friend just to make a group of people happy. This god has done absolutely nothing to earn my respect,& if you're totally honest with yourself you'd agree your god adds no value to your existence. But out of fear,you resign yourself to fate & make excuses for your imaginary friend..'God cannot be questioned'.'God works in mysterious ways'. And so on & so forth
Re: What Does God Do For A Living? by Gombs(m): 4:38pm On Oct 21, 2013
Alfa-B:
^^^whatever

What does satan do for a living? (Let's assume this is a brilliant question)

grin
Re: What Does God Do For A Living? by Gombs(m): 4:48pm On Oct 21, 2013
cold:
My question is as straight forward as they come. Why has the world gone pear shaped under God's watch?
If we can criticise the president for not living up to his responsibilities;a mere mortal what more an all seeing & all knowing God.Shouldn't more be expected of him?

Ever heard of the noun SATAN or DEVIL?

Well, God does not legally have a right to this world, remember he casted down Satan n his cohorts down here from heaven for their rebellion, so Satan ruined the earth God wonderfully created and he still is. God ONLY interferes on Earth matters through man. So if man don't pray, satan keeps wrecking havoc and make you blame God. cool

Well, I knw you don't really need answers nor truth, I just typed the above for those who'd view this page to learn.

Meanwhile, why ask what immortals do for a living? grin
Immortals live outside time, they don't need food or work or business or monies or such to survive/live

I must say, that's a very intelligent question grin
Re: What Does God Do For A Living? by cold(m): 5:05pm On Oct 21, 2013
Gombs:

Ever heard of the noun SATAN or DEVIL?

Well, God does not legally have a right to this world, remember he casted down Satan n his cohorts down here from heaven for their rebellion, so Satan ruined the earth God wonderfully created and he still is. God ONLY interferes on Earth matters through man. So if man don't pray, satan keeps wrecking havoc and make you blame God. cool

Well, I knw you don't really need answers nor truth, I just typed the above for those who'd view this page to learn.

Meanwhile, why ask what immortals do for a living? grin
Immortals live outside time, they don't need food or work or business or monies or such to survive/live

I must say, that's a very intelligent question grin

So God just sits his backside & watch his creation go to pieces because he is incapable of checkmating Satan,Lucifer or whatever nomenclature he goes by. Yeah makes perfect sense. Then he shouldn't be regarded as all knowing,almighty etc. Because he is clearly impotent & incapacitated to stop anything.
Or on the other hand, he could be the cause of everything evil in the world today & only looking for a bogeyman..referred to as the devil to blackmail for his actions. Remember it was God that said this...not the devil

Re: What Does God Do For A Living? by Gombs(m): 8:28pm On Oct 21, 2013
cold:

So God just sits his backside & watch his creation go to pieces because he is incapable of checkmating Satan,Lucifer or whatever nomenclature he goes by. Yeah makes perfect sense. Then he shouldn't be regarded as all knowing,almighty etc. Because he is clearly impotent & incapacitated to stop anything.
Or on the other hand, he could be the cause of everything evil in the world today & only looking for a bogeyman..referred to as the devil to blackmail for his actions. Remember it was God that said this...not the devil

grin

Your opinion is duly noted
Re: What Does God Do For A Living? by cold(m): 8:36pm On Oct 21, 2013
Gombs:

grin

Your opinion is duly noted
Cool. Finally someone is getting the message
Re: What Does God Do For A Living? by Gombs(m): 8:47pm On Oct 21, 2013
cold:
Cool. Finally someone is getting the message

What message? What God does for a living? grin

BTW are you an atheist or agnostic?
Re: What Does God Do For A Living? by bluerange(f): 9:22pm On Oct 21, 2013
loving you!
Re: What Does God Do For A Living? by cold(m): 9:55pm On Oct 21, 2013
Gombs:

What message? What God does for a living? grin

BTW are you an atheist or agnostic?
Let's just say i'm a man with no invinsible means of support.
Re: What Does God Do For A Living? by Gombs(m): 11:06pm On Oct 21, 2013
cold:
Let's just say i'm a man with no invinsible means of support.

An good definition for atheism
Re: What Does God Do For A Living? by cold(m): 1:10am On Oct 22, 2013
Gombs:

An good definition for atheism
Oh well,if you put it like that...
Re: What Does God Do For A Living? by submit: 10:12pm On Jul 24, 2014
I hail
Re: What Does God Do For A Living? by kgbd(m): 10:32pm On Jul 24, 2014
cold:
Oh well,if you put it like that...
when will you stop your self trapping Mr cold? You are a liar, and i wont pamper you will with some milkly explanations. God exist, that you know for sure! the day you need a miracle in your life God is gonna laugh at you. Repent from your evil ways.
Re: What Does God Do For A Living? by Venerable612(m): 9:05pm On Sep 27, 2014
Really Luv dz Question...

They r Questions I tried grappling wit as an Undergraduate in Phil.

Buh Sincerely... I got an Answer. Mundane it may B.

God dosnt nid tu do anytin to Live.(for a Living).... He z Life...or Existenc itsef. No pason away... No comin into being.

His Xistenc orders d Univers. If he seizes to b...den dere wudnt b life animor.

D problem coms in..wen we men try tu peddle on God... Basic characteristics of man(such as ...doin somtin for a living)
Re: What Does God Do For A Living? by BodyKiss(m): 10:11pm On Sep 27, 2014
Venerable612: Mr Cold... U luk tu me a Phil student. Well... D strenth of Ur argument lies in d Fact dat there z "Evil in d Universe".
But i dnt tink dats enuf reason 2 question Gods xistenc or lack of actions. I "believe" God must av REASONS 4 alowin tins apen d way dey do; and we cant always xpect Him(God) to giv us reasons why he alows dese tinz apen(Why is He God in d fest place).
I wil just enjoin u 2 tke d fideist stanc. bliv in Jesus nau... Nd liv acordin 2 His tenets. If U die nd dere z aa reality of Heaven nd hell.. Den u wud mke heaven..nd if dere isnt.. U wont b loosin anytin.

Typical, living in denial, and trying to play smart with your "God". It amazes me the way most religious people worships their God like he's some kind of computer software, programed to work in a specific way.
Re: What Does God Do For A Living? by Venerable612(m): 3:44am On Sep 28, 2014
BodyKiss:

Typical, living in denial, and trying to play smart with your "God". It amazes me the way most religious people worships their God like he's some kind of computer software, programed to work in a specific way.

Wow... U rel tink my coments sugests ur assumption?... NO it dosnt bro.

Fideism z a skul of tot in philosophy... Philosophers r nt intrested in presentin religios justification for Gods xistenc... At best... Dey propose arguments dat z amenable tu rationalty.

If i sugest deir stance... Den tz because OP here nids ratnal reasons. Nt som "tryin tu b preacher" tin.

Morova, ntn im my coment sugests am religios... I was jst bein an apologetics... #jst a sign of a philosopher#...
Re: What Does God Do For A Living? by chibwike(m): 4:11am On Sep 28, 2014
Am idle mind.....
Re: What Does God Do For A Living? by Nmeri17: 1:10am On May 13, 2015
bump
Re: What Does God Do For A Living? by Nobody: 7:53am On May 13, 2015
10likes for you. @op

(1) (Reply)

Photo: South African Pastor Makes Members Eat Grass / I Will Only Vote For An Atheist / Is the Mormon Church the Only True Church on Earth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.