Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,851 members, 7,817,518 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate (35983 Views)

The Plight Of A Nigerian Medical Student / Nigerian Law Graduate Makes History In The University Of Reading UK (Pictured) / The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by venorite(m): 8:32am On Aug 20, 2013
I am a law graduate from Madonna University. I finished from Madonna in 2011 and am yet to get admission in to the Nigerian law school. This has been the case with more than 1000 graduates that are yet to get admitted into the Nigerian law school. I and my colleagues have contacted the school without getting any response.

Madonna graduated more than 500 law students in 2011 and only 55 names (give or take) got admitted into law school via Madonna, others had to lobby their way into law school. The in thing now is that some students pay big money to get admitted into law school while some that have ogas at the top have their names included in the supplementary list which comes from bwari, Abuja. The ones that are unable to pay or have no one are left to their fate. This is what so many of us have been subjected to and currently, there are only 52 Madonna students names on the law school websites while other state and fed school get as much as 130-200 names (Abia state has 130 names)….

My question is (1) why can’t private universities and Madonna in particular get as much slots in law school as Fed and State Universities, (2) why do we have to pay our way into law school after spending 5years and exorbitant amounts to get a law degree (3) what is the solution to this? The annoying thing is that without your B.L degree, your LL.B Hons degree is pretty useless cos u can’t practice with it and getting a job is pretty difficult.

Pls relevant authorities should take notice and find a solution to this cos it seems this is only peculiar to private school and Madonna university in particular.

Mod Pls move to front page

10 Likes

Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 20, 2013
Did u pass jamb? That's the reason. You took the short cut hoping to avoid the due process but were caught in between. So you ve to wait.

45 Likes

Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by DGenius1(m): 9:25am On Aug 20, 2013
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by ayusco85(m): 9:27am On Aug 20, 2013
Dude ₪☺ offence, but did u think because u pay through ur nose in ur so called private uni, they wil consider ur degree above the fed. And state uni's? Sorry bro, u picked d wrong team #teamMadonna, u shld ve picked the right team #TeamFederalOrStateUniveristy.

15 Likes

Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Aafulenu(f): 9:34am On Aug 20, 2013
Are u guys beefing him just cos he went to a private uni? Common thats uncalled for. Its just like kicking a person thats already down.

@op the only solution i can see is for u to try and raise d money and pay. #Simple

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 20, 2013
am in my llb5 nw,unical..........we are given 150 slots....still yet results issh and strike wont let unical send d full 150.......like nw with ASUU strike,no hope of law school dis yr.......just pay d mony,if u can afford fees for 5yrs.....u can afford dis last one for sure

3 Likes

Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by venorite(m): 11:21am On Aug 20, 2013
zonaking: Did u pass jamb? That's the reason. You took the short cut hoping to avoid the due process but were caught in between. So you ve to wait.
I don't understand you, how is private university a shortcut?... If it matters to you, I actually got admission into imo state University to study history and international relations but I wanted to do law.... Mods front page pls

16 Likes

Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Okijajuju: 11:33am On Aug 20, 2013
zonaking: Did u pass jamb? That's the reason. You took the short cut hoping to avoid the due process but were caught in between. So you ve to wait.

You are blessed!

14 Likes

Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 20, 2013
if you can pay your way through the school-as in school fees wise,i see no reason you cant pay your way to Law school,if you are that concerned,and worried...it goes to show that most private unis are glorified secondary school.

7 Likes

Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by yuzedo: 11:33am On Aug 20, 2013
op bro. u studyed law? ok den, sew dem!!! is ur right. angry angry angry

62 Likes

Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by resty4(m): 11:34am On Aug 20, 2013

Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Okijajuju: 11:35am On Aug 20, 2013
yuzedo: op bro. u studyed law? ok den, sew dem!!! is ur right. angry angry angry

My guy!!

Abeg return that 150 wey I borrow you o...

16 Likes

Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 20, 2013

Dont mind them... They failed Jamb and then got one mail from a private university to pay for school fees and by such graduate... U think Fed and State Uni na beans?

Control + Shift

4 Likes

Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by djmummy: 11:37am On Aug 20, 2013
Na wa.
More than 500 lawyers graduated in a single year.
Wia all of dem dey?

4 Likes

Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by blayz0923: 11:38am On Aug 20, 2013
the major problem with Nigeria......such topic should reach the house of reps or senate, not gay laws or child marriages... so painful!!!
btw, the school authority should/must answer to this...

7 Likes

Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 20, 2013
Protest to the National University Commission via a formal letter..

Nigerians, be your brothers' keeper for once. Some are here hating on a disadvantaged person.

This is what we call negative attitude and it doesnt take anybody to the top. I have learnt to keep quiet whenever someone is beefing me because he is definitely the looser at last...

12 Likes

Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Johnpaul2k2(m): 11:39am On Aug 20, 2013
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by phlamy(m): 11:39am On Aug 20, 2013
Honeyhill: am in my llb5 nw,unical..........we are given 150 slots....still yet results issh and strike wont let unical send d full 150.......like nw with ASUU strike,no hope of law school dis yr.......just pay d mony,if u can afford fees for 5yrs.....u can afford dis last one for sure

Which level u dey again abeg.

re-write this thing you wrote above before I call Patrick for you

4 Likes

Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by aijaydiva(f): 11:41am On Aug 20, 2013
My sister is going tru d same thing... The number limit for law sch admission is to small. Even if there are only 100 students, admitting only 50 pple 4 madonna is just too small. For y'all beefing d Op because he went to a private sch is just silly and childish

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by EreluY(f): 11:41am On Aug 20, 2013
OP: If you can afford it, seek admission to enable you pursue further studies in Law abroad (e.g. UK). From there you could get called to, for example, the English Bar. Better still, if you complete higher degrees (LLM, PhD) in law, you could secure Lecturing position (you don't need to be called to bar to be a law lecturer in the UK and other developed countries). Finally, DON'T ALLOW NIGERIA TO STALL YOUR PROGRESS. NIGERIA AND NIGERIANS ARE JOY KILLERS.

10 Likes

Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by ejifranks(m): 11:42am On Aug 20, 2013
abiiii grin grin grin grin
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 20, 2013
I thought people come to this forum to seek advice/help and get one in return. Based on the comments above I am beginning to think otherwise. That he attended a private uni is not a crime, please if anyone out there has a solution or at least word of advise for him, kindly let him know. As for those attacking him, the op may have sounded strong but deep inside you guys don't know how frustrating it is for him, whether he is on the verge of committing suicide. Please when people come to this forum with their problems if you don't have anything positive to say to them just keep quiet. You never can tell what harm your careless "joke" may cause someone.

80 Likes

Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by IYANGBALI: 11:44am On Aug 20, 2013
ayusco85: Dude ₪☺ offence, but did u think because u pay through ur nose in ur so called private uni, they wil consider ur degree above the fed. And state uni's? Sorry bro, u picked d wrong team #teamMadonna, u shld ve picked the right team #TeamFederalOrStateUniveristy.
what is this one saying?what is did you think?you beta leave nairaland and go back to nursery school.

7 Likes

Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Ramanto(m): 11:44am On Aug 20, 2013
[quote
author=Honeyhill]am in my llb5 nw,unical..........we are given 150
slots....still yet results issh and strike wont let unical send d full
150.......like nw with ASUU strike,no hope of law school dis
yr.......just pay d mony,if u can afford fees for 5yrs.....u can afford
dis last one for sure[/quote].'still yet?' are u sure u r trully in a law sch?lol

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 20, 2013
thanks bro for that wonderful question, no offence to the OP but undergraduates and graduates of the so called private universities always think high of themselves above their contemporaries in state or federal universities probably because they paid exorbitant fees to get admission withou necessarily going through the rigors of writing jamb,post ume and enduring the nonchalant attitude of some staffs of govt schools. Bottom line is, u guys have not tasted the bitter side of university life which is occassioned by constant struggle for survival resulting to a complete individual. Private Universities are business establishments,take it or leave it.

5 Likes

Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 20, 2013
cry
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Fadelex(m): 11:47am On Aug 20, 2013
@op, I feel ur pain. I have a friend that is goin thru d same tin, she's still lobbying to have her name but nothing yet
I will advice you to apply to d newly established law school in yola, you'll have better chance there than Abuja and Lagos. did u people have alumni? if yes, then let dem meet d school authority and sort out d problem then you guys should try and collect signatures then petition Law school

2 Likes

Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by MBEGBUCC: 11:49am On Aug 20, 2013
The boy said that about 500 student's graduated from law in Madonna university in 2011, if I am to judge the number is outrageous because I know in my school UNN, they admit about 120 to 130 student's every session.

8 Likes

Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by kloe121(f): 11:49am On Aug 20, 2013
The bible said ''Ask n you shall receive'',mayb it's high tym u pray abt it cos dia's nothing impossible 4 God 2 do. Goodlucksmiley

5 Likes

Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by DrFaitobaba(m): 11:49am On Aug 20, 2013
Keep praying for favour. But raising money to bribe your way through ain't good.
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 20, 2013
@op my advice to you and your team is to find something to lay your hands on,be creative,find a means of a better life for youselves,don't depend on government because the government are only after their mouth and pocket,even if you shout from now till tomorrow it will make no difference..............time waits for no one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

LAUTECH Investigates Death Of Final Year Student Who Fell Into Soakaway (Photo) / Nursery School In Calabar Flogs Parents For Bringing Their Kids Late To School / Unilag Student Survives Ritualist Attack On Campus ( Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.