Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,514 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Nubrella: Hands-free Umbrella - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Nubrella: Hands-free Umbrella (21988 Views)

SESAME PHONE: World First Hands Free Phone For The Disabled ( Thread ) / Air Umbrella Creates 'force Field' To Protect You From Rain / Use FDI Hands Free To Make Calls, Send Email, And So Much More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nubrella: Hands-free Umbrella by Tinkybabe(f): 4:09pm On Aug 22, 2013
okpara ugo: First of all, good technology...
What technology? This is a mere modification..one I'm kind of iffy about if you ask me.
Re: Nubrella: Hands-free Umbrella by kunlekunle: 4:45pm On Aug 22, 2013
na lie,
i knew one in the 90s u wear like cap.
not the first handfree
Re: Nubrella: Hands-free Umbrella by Anuoluwap(m): 4:48pm On Aug 22, 2013
kunlekunle: na lie,
i knew one in the 90s u wear like cap.
not the first handfree
yes we know, but read the post again
Re: Nubrella: Hands-free Umbrella by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 22, 2013
metti: grin
The language of dog eaters!!!

Unam-Ikot undecided
Re: Nubrella: Hands-free Umbrella by everyday: 5:14pm On Aug 22, 2013
New inventions
Re: Nubrella: Hands-free Umbrella by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 22, 2013
metti: grin
The language of dog eaters!!!

Seh akamba nton ami
Unam-Ikot undecided
Re: Nubrella: Hands-free Umbrella by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:09pm On Aug 22, 2013
at N8,000 a pop e take style cost o!
Oya, Ndi China...over to you! cheesy
Re: Nubrella: Hands-free Umbrella by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 22, 2013
I have no problem holding an umbrella.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nubrella: Hands-free Umbrella by TeeJay22: 9:50pm On Aug 22, 2013
Make naija follow dis example invent machine wey go treat ASUU fuckup.... First tinx first...
Re: Nubrella: Hands-free Umbrella by metti(m): 10:17pm On Aug 22, 2013
grin shocked[quote author=poshdiva]
Same to you. Uruk Ikot!
Re: Nubrella: Hands-free Umbrella by metti(m): 10:20pm On Aug 22, 2013
tongue :Same to you. Uruk Ikot!!
Re: Nubrella: Hands-free Umbrella by Bright2(m): 8:10am On Aug 23, 2013
Just try Port Harcourt rain,you will know if this invention will work or not.
Re: Nubrella: Hands-free Umbrella by Ultimated1(m): 9:47am On Aug 23, 2013
Anuoluwap:

Normally simple or easy tasks become complicated when it’s raining outside. From crossing the road to get to your favorite diner or walking a few blocks to where you parked, there’s the extra hassle of having to carry an umbrella while lugging around your usual stuff. Often people have to make two trips or more because they simply can’t carry everything at once. It’s times like these when an extra hand (and we mean that literally) would be helpful.

That’s probably what Alan Kaufman had in mind when he came up with the Nubrella, which he dubs as “the world’s first hands-free umbrella.” I wouldn’t say it’s the first (remember the Umbrella Hat?), but it is the first that looks well-thought out and well-designed.

The Nubrella is essentially a hoodie umbrella. It was designed to be worn like a backpack and function like a hood, so expanding and folding the canopy is a breeze. It provides stability that traditional umbrellas don’t and gives users extra coverage, thanks to the extended canopy on the sides and rear. The Nubrella’s was also designed such that the wind would flow over and around the canopy without the possibility of inverting it, as is the problem with regular umbrellas. The best thing about it, though, is that you get one hand back.

The Nubrella is up for funding on Kickstarter, where a minimum pledge of $50 will get you one of your very own.
www.ohgizmo.com/2013/07/05/nubrella-is-a-funny-looking-hands-free-umbrella/
cool this is pretty cool,wat of those who are not used to carrying umbrella?
Re: Nubrella: Hands-free Umbrella by Uchexxy(m): 10:30am On Aug 23, 2013
Nice tech.....wen e dey enta naija? undecided
Re: Nubrella: Hands-free Umbrella by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 23, 2013
teeo: See wahala oo, I would now have to be backing umbrella just for it to cover only my head.... undecided undecided
you want it to cover your joystick too? undecided
Re: Nubrella: Hands-free Umbrella by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 26, 2013
metti: tongue :Same to you. Uruk Ikot!!

Lool. Don't try it again

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NiMet Warns Of Thermal Discomfort As Temperature Rises Above 40 Degrees / Rare Green Comet To Be Visible From Earth After 50,000 Years / Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.