Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,203 members, 7,822,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Generating Crystal Report With MYSQL Database For A VB.NET Application - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Generating Crystal Report With MYSQL Database For A VB.NET Application (2790 Views)

Most Used Mysql Database Functions / Genrating Crystal Report With Mysql Database In A Vb.net Application / Fingerprint Authentication In Vb.net Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Generating Crystal Report With MYSQL Database For A VB.NET Application by VURN(m): 10:57am On Aug 21, 2013
I am developing an application of which mysql database is the backend. I created a DNS for the ODBC connection. I used ODBC (ADO) to create connection for the report data souce.
After i entered d root password as required, d report failed to load. These are d error messages

Logon failed.
Details: ado error code: 0x description: catastrophic failure native error

please i nid assistance. I dont want to use ODBC (RDO)
Re: Generating Crystal Report With MYSQL Database For A VB.NET Application by VURN(m): 11:14pm On Aug 22, 2013
I have finally found solution to my problem.
I decided to use dataset (through ADO.NET connection instead of DNS connection's ODBC) as the datasource for the report and its excellent. The only difficulty is creating the dataset and saving as an XML file so you can browse to it when location your datasource cos, thats where are the fields for the actual designing of the report are gotten from.

I feel happy now.
Re: Generating Crystal Report With MYSQL Database For A VB.NET Application by jboy01(m): 5:22pm On Aug 23, 2013
Thatz nice. Happy to see peeps coding with vb.net

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Write To A Smart Card With PHP / Challenge: League Fixture Algorithm / Who Is The Best Programmer In Nigeria/world?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.