Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Pastor Bans Weaves From His Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Bans Weaves From His Church (622 Views)

Ogun Pastor Prays Recharge Card Into His Church Members Phone / SA Pastor Who Makes His Congregation Eat Snakes, Beaten, His Church Burnt Down / He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Bans Weaves From His Church by IfyDurusBlog: 11:45am On Aug 21, 2013
An American Pastor has banned Women from wearing WEAVES to his church.

Pastor A.J. Aamir recently told his leadership staff at Resurrecting Faith Church, DO NOT wear weaves. Pastor Aamir feels women wearing weaves presents a false image of themselves and are associated with women who have low self-esteem.

“Our black women are getting weaves trying to be something and someone they are not. Be real with yourself is all I’m saying” said Pastor Aamir.

Pastor Aamir admits he was raised in a strict household. His mother and father are members of the Islamic faith. At 39 years old, he leads a congregation whose average age is 22.

“Long hair don’t care. What kind of mess is that? I don’t want my members so focused on what’s on their heads and not IN their heads” he told AmericaPreachers.com.

“I lead a church where our members are struggling financially. I mean really struggling. “Yet, a 26 year old mother in my church has a $300 weave on her head. NO. I will not be quiet about this.”
Pastor Aamir acknowledges he cannot legally prohibit women from wearing weaves in church, but he still highly disapproves it.

Resurrecting Faith was founded by Pastor Aamir and is located in Waco, Texas.

http://ifyduru..com/2013/08/pastor-bans-weaves-from-his-church.html
http://www.americapreachers.com/speak-out/pastor-says-no-to-women-wearing-weaves-in-church/

Re: Pastor Bans Weaves From His Church by Debeloved87(m): 1:02pm On Aug 21, 2013
Umnh..som guys are waking up.
Re: Pastor Bans Weaves From His Church by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 21, 2013
So people are now led by pastors and no more the Holy Spirit.

Nothing wrong with weave-ons if done for the right motive.

FYI , God makes the rules not the Pastor, so the ladies should leave his church and go elsewhere, he will surely lose tithe money . smiley

(1) (Reply)

What Would Have Been The Fate Of Women Now If Adam Rejected Eve's Apple? / Question Religion / Exposing Satan Again: Satan's Worldwide Convention With Demons(for Believers)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.