Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,082 members, 7,821,721 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

2013 FIBA Africa Championship Tournament - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2013 FIBA Africa Championship Tournament (704 Views)

Nigeria Vs Mali. African U23 Championship (3 - 2) On 29th November 2015 / FIBA Africa Honours Mfon Udoka With Golden Basket Legend Award / Nigeria Takes Third At Fiba Afrobasket 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2013 FIBA Africa Championship Tournament by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 21, 2013
Nigeria, the favorite's at this year's FIBA Africa Championship tournament, will play Mali in their first game of the 2014 World Cup qualifier.

The second day of the FIBA Africa Championship tournament will feature a few of the tournament favorites seeing their first action of the event when play begins on Wednesday morning. The second day of games will also feature a first-time participant when Burkina Faso takes the court.

Tuesday's action featured all eight teams from Groups A and C playing in the first of three round-robin games. On Wednesday, Groups B and D will see the court as they begin to figure out seeding for the eventual 16-team knockout round when it begins next Monday.

The biggest game of the day will take place between Nigeria and Mali, which features two teams ranked in the world's top 50.

Nigeria's roster features a fair amount of the same players that participated for the country in the 2012 London Olympics and has even added a couple of extra recognizable names. Al-Farouq Aminu, Alade Aminu, Ike Diogu, Gani Lawal, Champ Oguchi and Ben Uzoh are among Nigeria's more high-profile players that have played stateside during either their professional or collegiate careers.

Mali hasn't made much noise on the world stage in recent years and they don't have the names that Nigeria does, but they made the tournament as a wild card participant and are currently ranked 49th in the world.

Wednesday's other games will feature Rwanda vs. Burkina Faso, Luc Richard Mbah a Moute's Cameroon taking on Congo and Tunisia -- the 2011 Afrobasket winner -- taking on Morocco.

Wednesday's Schedule*
8:30 a.m. - Rwanda vs. Burkina Faso

11 a.m. - Cameroon vs. Republic of Congo

1:30 p.m. - Nigeria vs. Mali

4 p.m. - Tunisia vs. Morocco

* - all times Eastern
I hope I m not the only one watching the play,Nigeria is playing Mali presently and to me the malians are doing better than us,more agressive and accurate passes. Anyways in the spirit of patriotism Up nigeria. wink
Re: 2013 FIBA Africa Championship Tournament by yfo: 7:40pm On Aug 21, 2013
sexytabhi: Nigeria, the favorite's at this year's FIBA Africa Championship tournament, will play Mali in their first game of the 2014 World Cup qualifier.

The second day of the FIBA Africa Championship tournament will feature a few of the tournament favorites seeing their first action of the event when play begins on Wednesday morning. The second day of games will also feature a first-time participant when Burkina Faso takes the court.

Tuesday's action featured all eight teams from Groups A and C playing in the first of three round-robin games. On Wednesday, Groups B and D will see the court as they begin to figure out seeding for the eventual 16-team knockout round when it begins next Monday.

The biggest game of the day will take place between Nigeria and Mali, which features two teams ranked in the world's top 50.

Nigeria's roster features a fair amount of the same players that participated for the country in the 2012 London Olympics and has even added a couple of extra recognizable names. Al-Farouq Aminu, Alade Aminu, Ike Diogu, Gani Lawal, Champ Oguchi and Ben Uzoh are among Nigeria's more high-profile players that have played stateside during either their professional or collegiate careers.

Mali hasn't made much noise on the world stage in recent years and they don't have the names that Nigeria does, but they made the tournament as a wild card participant and are currently ranked 49th in the world.

Wednesday's other games will feature Rwanda vs. Burkina Faso, Luc Richard Mbah a Moute's Cameroon taking on Congo and Tunisia -- the 2011 Afrobasket winner -- taking on Morocco.

Wednesday's Schedule*
8:30 a.m. - Rwanda vs. Burkina Faso

11 a.m. - Cameroon vs. Republic of Congo

1:30 p.m. - Nigeria vs. Mali

4 p.m. - Tunisia vs. Morocco

* - all times Eastern
I hope I m not the only one watching the play,Nigeria is playing Mali presently and to me the malians are doing better than us,more agressive and accurate passes. Anyways in the spirit of patriotism Up nigeria. wink

a chick that likes b.ball...in 9ja
u sure its not the hunks u watching... wink
Re: 2013 FIBA Africa Championship Tournament by NaijaIkp: 8:10pm On Aug 21, 2013
Whats ur own leave am alone abeg
y-fo:

Re: 2013 FIBA Africa Championship Tournament by NaijaIkp: 8:10pm On Aug 21, 2013
Naija dey win..but this malie team can give us a run for our money..all our stars re there #Nigeria vs Mali
Re: 2013 FIBA Africa Championship Tournament by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 21, 2013
y-fo:

Don't you have a tv? Or you don't listen to news
Re: 2013 FIBA Africa Championship Tournament by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 21, 2013
Naija_Ikp: Naija dey win..but this malie team can give us a run for our money..all our stars re there #Nigeria vs Mali
Like seriously they are good,our boys just pack fine fine faces
Re: 2013 FIBA Africa Championship Tournament by yfo: 8:44pm On Aug 21, 2013
sexytabhi:
Don't you have a tv? Or you don't listen to news

what does having a t.v got to do with my post
Re: 2013 FIBA Africa Championship Tournament by yfo: 8:46pm On Aug 21, 2013
sexytabhi:
Like seriously they are good,our boys just pack fine fine faces

just proves my point... undecided
Re: 2013 FIBA Africa Championship Tournament by flolancracker: 10:37pm On Aug 21, 2013
y-fo:

just proves my point... undecided
undecided what's your P mate?

@topic, how come angola didn't make †he tourney?

Anywways, I see nigeria coming out tops. †he olympics did help improve †he team.
Re: 2013 FIBA Africa Championship Tournament by yfo: 8:11am On Aug 22, 2013
flolancracker: undecided what's your P mate?

@topic, how come angola didn't make †he tourney?

Anywways, I see nigeria coming out tops. †he olympics did help improve †he team.

*friendly conversation turned sour*

seems u did get ur prediction ryt by d way

(1) (Reply)

World Cup Final Qualifiers, Who Are You Expecting Nigeria To Play? / Nigeria To Face Ethiopia In World Cup Play-off / Friend Dupe Mikel Obi 100 Million Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.