Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,977 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

"They Refused To Serve Me Because Of My Dog" - Man Sues Fast Food Joint - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / "They Refused To Serve Me Because Of My Dog" - Man Sues Fast Food Joint (770 Views)

Shovel Used To Serve Food At IDP Camp In Maiduguri (photos) / My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: / Equipments To Buy, When Establishing An Eatery Or Fast Food Joint (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"They Refused To Serve Me Because Of My Dog" - Man Sues Fast Food Joint by ImanuelJannah(m): 10:07pm On Aug 21, 2013
[img]http://3.bp..com/-ng8xw9cz8FE/UhUgFAtNIGI/AAAAAAAABJY/HEUak5yctyA/s320/kfc.jpg[/img]
Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC)

Charles Hernandez, an American war hero, is suing the company behind Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) ... claiming KFC employees refused to serve him ... all because he arrived to the fast food joint with his registered dog. . .

Hernandez claims he walked into a KFC in NY back in February, along with his registered service dog Valor ... who accompanies Hernandez to soothe his symptoms of post-traumatic stress caused by years in combat.

But instead of being greeted with a smile and some chicken, Hernandez claims a KFC employee told him, "papi, there are no dogs allowed."
Hernandez says he explained that he had the proper permits to have the dog accompany him inside restaurants -- to which the employee replied, "ok, but you still cannot have the dog in the store."
Eventually, Hernandez left ... sans chicken ... and is now firing back with the lawsuit -- demanding at least $1,000,000 for his troubles.

God bless America! Can this ever be obtained in Nigeria?

An employee at the KFC restaurant where the incident took place says ... when Hernandez arrived with the dog, the animal was not wearing the proper service dog vest and identification.

However, in his lawsuit, Hernandez states -- "Valor wears a bright green vest and tags that clearly indicate that he is not a pet, but rather a highly trained service dog."

What an odd story!!!

SOURCE: www.imanueljannah..com
Re: "They Refused To Serve Me Because Of My Dog" - Man Sues Fast Food Joint by dasparrow: 2:24pm On Aug 22, 2013
@Post

There is nothing odd about this story. Thousands of American veterans have service dogs who help them cope with trauma they experienced while serving in the military. Service dogs are very valuable in the western world where they are trained by professional trainers from puppy hood to help people with disabilities. These dogs are very intelligent and are not your average Nigerian bingo. Next time KFC will think twice before discriminating against former service men with therapy dogs.

1 Like

Re: "They Refused To Serve Me Because Of My Dog" - Man Sues Fast Food Joint by ImanuelJannah(m): 8:51pm On Aug 22, 2013
dasparrow: @Post

There is nothing odd about this story. Thousands of American veterans have service dogs who help them cope with trauma they experienced while serving in the military. Service dogs are very valuable in the western world where they are trained by professional trainers from puppy hood to help people with disabilities. These dogs are very intelligent and are not your average Nigerian bingo. Next time KFC will think twice before discriminating against former service men with therapy dogs.
the oddity I see there is the man going through the law to resolve a minor squabble that occurred in a restaurant.When there are a thousand and one other fast food franchises willing to take him and his service dog in for a meal or two...

(1) (Reply)

Is There Any Non-soya Baby Milk In Nigeria? / Delicious Classic Scotch Eggs For Schools and Events / What Is This Call In Your Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.