Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,855 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Prison Break Star Wentworth Miller "Michael Scofield" Reveals He Is Gay - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Prison Break Star Wentworth Miller "Michael Scofield" Reveals He Is Gay (2090 Views)

Denrele Edun Finally Reveals He Is Gay? / Prison Break Star Wentworth Miller Has Revealed That He's Gay. / Wentworth Miller 'Michael Scofield' Is Gay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Prison Break Star Wentworth Miller "Michael Scofield" Reveals He Is Gay by unmask: 11:56am On Aug 22, 2013
To Russia, without love — the ‘Prison Break’
star revealed his sexuality to the public for the first
time in an emotional letter to the director of a
Russian film festival.
While many stars come out on Twitter, actor and
screenwriter Wentworth Miller decided to tell the world that
he’s gay in a rejection letter to the director of the St.
Petersburg International Film Festival. Wentworth, 41,
turned down the director’s offer to travel to Russia for the
event, saying he objects to the Russian government’s
treatment of gay men and women. Read on for more details.
Wentworth Miller Is Gay — Comes Out In Letter To
Russia Film Fest Director
It’s so great that Wentworth took the invitation to the film
festival as an opportunity to stand up for his fellow gays in
Russia!

He wrote in his letter:
Thank you for your kind invitation. As
someone who has enjoyed visiting Russia in
the past and can also claim a degree of
Russian ancestry, it would make me happy
to say yes. However, as a gay man, I must
decline. I am deeply troubled by the current
attitude toward and treatment of gay men and
women by the Russian government.

Wentworth, who is best known for his role as Michael
Scofield in Fox’s Prison Break, went on to say,
“The situation is in no way acceptable, and I cannot in good
conscience participate in a celebratory occasion hosted by
a country where people like myself are being systematically
denied their basic right to live and love openly.”
“If circumstances improve, I’ll be free to make a different
choice,” he added.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2013/08/21/wentworth-miller-gay-letter-russia-st-petersburg-film-festival

Shoot! Guess I need a new favorite actor

Re: Prison Break Star Wentworth Miller "Michael Scofield" Reveals He Is Gay by nebeolisa(m): 12:23pm On Aug 22, 2013
I know that for longtime ago now wonder wat females fans will do to em self after knowing dat he is a gay
Re: Prison Break Star Wentworth Miller "Michael Scofield" Reveals He Is Gay by unmask: 5:10pm On Aug 22, 2013
nebeolisa: I know that for longtime ago now wonder wat females fans will do to em self after knowing dat he is a gay
funny thing is the signs seemed to show in prison break, but we were distracted by his awesomeness

(1) (Reply)

Davido aω̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ Brother Living The Big Life / Photo:mgeke' Ebube Nwagbo' Turns Classy As She Steps Out Yellow Mid Rift Outfit / D’banj Gifts Iyanya Gold Beats Headphones (see)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.