Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,779 members, 7,810,031 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

What Did You Called " Bamboo " In Your Language? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Did You Called " Bamboo " In Your Language? (1035 Views)

What Did You Called This Animal In Your Local Language ? (pictures ) / How Do You Translate this specific Body Parts In Your Language? / Can you translate this Colours In Your Language? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Did You Called " Bamboo " In Your Language? by BNLR(m): 2:13pm On Aug 22, 2013
It is not funny when you hear some spelling and pronouncitaion from different mother tongue of Nigeria. Now let's start with the fastest growing plant in the world.

Yoruba named " Oparun or Gbagun"
Re: What Did You Called " Bamboo " In Your Language? by Fhemmmy: 2:16pm On Aug 22, 2013
BNLR: It is not funny when you hear some spelling and pronouncitaion from different mother tongue of Nigeria. Now let's start with the fastest growing plant in the world.

Yoruba named " Oparun [/b]or Gbagun"

[b]I remember we used to call my principal in those days like that - One white skinny lady tongue
Re: What Did You Called " Bamboo " In Your Language? by BNLR(m): 2:42pm On Aug 22, 2013
@femmy, why did you call him Gbagun?
Re: What Did You Called " Bamboo " In Your Language? by Fhemmmy: 2:52pm On Aug 22, 2013
BNLR: @femmy, why did you call him Gbagun?

We called her Oparun - Cost she was tall and Skinny

1 Like

Re: What Did You Called " Bamboo " In Your Language? by eziza: 1:32am On Aug 23, 2013
Edo - Ukpoko / Kpoko

1 Like

Re: What Did You Called " Bamboo " In Your Language? by Eifeh(m): 7:21am On Aug 23, 2013
igbo Achara

1 Like

Re: What Did You Called " Bamboo " In Your Language? by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:52pm On Aug 23, 2013
Eifeh: igbo Achara

Yes,achala. Ana egbu achala,achala ana ami.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Called " Bamboo " In Your Language? by agadez007(m): 8:18pm On Aug 25, 2013
Igbo,achara/achala but in my dialect(in anambra) we call ΐτ̅ otosi

1 Like

Re: What Did You Called " Bamboo " In Your Language? by Abagworo(m): 8:52pm On Aug 25, 2013
agadez007: Igbo,achara/achala but in my dialect(in anambra) we call ΐτ̅ otosi

Which part of Anambra are you from? Its more like ortorsi.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Called " Bamboo " In Your Language? by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:17pm On Aug 25, 2013
agadez007: Igbo,achara/achala but in my dialect(in anambra) we call ΐτ̅ otosi

Yeah,Otorsi,I remember that now. Infact,that's what oldder people call it in my town.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Called " Bamboo " In Your Language? by agadez007(m): 9:44am On Aug 26, 2013
Abagworo:

Which part of Anambra are you from? Its more like ortorsi.
am from adazi

1 Like

Re: What Did You Called " Bamboo " In Your Language? by agadez007(m): 9:46am On Aug 26, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

Yeah,Otorsi,I remember that now. Infact,that's what oldder people call it in my town.
yah,true that

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

First Black Man To Make A Grade Point Average Of 3.98 Out Of 4.0 Is Nigerian!!! / Do You Believe In Jazz? / Happy Independence Day USA Quotes, Speech, Essay, Jokes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.