Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,926 members, 7,817,711 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

The LEGEND And GENIUS Wants A Come-back! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The LEGEND And GENIUS Wants A Come-back! (486 Views)

Bob Marley: Remembering The Legend Of Reggae / Lord Of Ajasa Stages A Come Back, Drops New Video / Dapo Torimiro From Kush, Working With John Legend And Brandy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The LEGEND And GENIUS Wants A Come-back! by OmoUSH(m): 3:18pm On Aug 22, 2013
Who would ever expect the late 90s and early 21st century king of RNB, POP and HIP HOP SOUL 2012 album to flop in sales? Imagine that from the man who has one of the best selling albums in musical history. In the process of looking for himself, Usher, the man who the world regarded as the best dancer in pop since Michael Jackson, lost his soul. Little wonder even Neyo complained about his 2010 album, Raymond vs Raymond. NEYO said that that album fell short from what people has been expecting from the rnb role model. The likes of of his followers and protegees> Breezy and Beiber are presently more bigger. In 2012, Looking For Myself produced the legendary song Climax. Paul MCcartney**EX-BEATLES MEMBER. THE BEATLES ARE THE BEST SELLING MUSICIANS OF ALL TIME, FROM THE 1940S. ACTUALLY, PAUL IS THE ONLY LIVING MEMBER** said that the song influenced his next album, and remarked about the sSONICS on the vocal and production, but the single Scream showed that Usher is still trying his best to remain relevant after two decades in music. Dive and Climax were the outstanding songs on his 2012 album, LOOKING FOR MYSELF. However, his place among the greats is already assured. The late James Brown once heralded him as THE GODSON OF SOUL.
But from the year 2008, Usher lost his soul as he left his rnb roots producing the Here I Stand album that has managed to sell two million copies in the US to date. Well, maybe our Ush can't really be blamed, cos afterall his father, Usher Raymond III died that same year plus serious matrimonial troubles. For normal global superstars, that sale figure is amazing but not the like of Mr Raymond. Ush gat the second longest running single in the history of music with the 1997 classic, U Make Me Wanna. With Both Yeah and Burn, Usher as a solo artist gat the most cummulative weeks ever on BILLBOARD. Diplo remarked that the 2012 grammy winning Climax is the greatest record he has ever produced. His protegee Rico Love when interviewed concerning Ush's forthcoming album, said that THE ALBUM IS GOING TO BE FREAKING OUT OF HERE. It is going to show that he is still Usher. Though i knw that Usher's real fans are no longer around here, but, guys, what can we expect from his next album?

(1) (Reply)

MUSIC | Paul Play Dairo – One And Only / Check Out This New Artist-dederocs,his Sound Is Refreshing. / Awilo Longomba & Lola Rae – Coupe Bibamba (remix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.