Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,276 members, 7,957,700 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:47 PM

Broken Silence... Love This Movie(review) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Broken Silence... Love This Movie(review) (887 Views)

Foreign Tabloids Mock Nigerian Movie "Spider Girl' In Hilarious Movie Review / Pls Where Can I Download this movie Iron Monkey and The Man in the Iron Mask / Mr & Mrs Movie Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Broken Silence... Love This Movie(review) by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 22, 2013
In summary , the movie is about a free spirited playboy(Uti) who was dating an actress (Tonto Dikeh) however his world is seemingly turned upside down when his brother and his brother’s wife dies and his brother’s son is left in his care and that of his less than capable actress girlfriend.
Due to his inability to adequately care for the boy and manage his tantrums, he hires a nanny out of 4 that turned up for the interview, the other 3 that came were somewhat hilarious especially with the way their interviews went.
The new nanny(Uche Jumbo) had a more than cordial relationship with the boy, although her relationship with the actress was a cold and less than friendly one. When the boy had an accident on the playground and is rushed to the hospital, she goes crazy with fear and concern. This touches and surprises Uti and when the boy gets discharged, she said she wanted to spend the night to make sure he got better. While putting the boy to bed, uti kisses her *shy smile* but I have to admit, that was so romantic and … she pulls back.
On the lighter side of things, Tonto dike (the actress) asks about marriage and when they will tie the knot, this doesn’t make Uti happy. It leads to her issuing an ultimatum ,however he refused to be forced into making that commitment, she ended up packing out of the house.
Uche however wasn’t the holy party in the equation, we see that the boy is her son that she had with Uti’s brother but gave to him and his wife because of her difficult situation at the time.
Her attempt to gain custody of the boy leads to a rift in her relationship with Uti, eventually she dropped the case but he came back for her, he was IN LOVE.
Ooh well…don’t mind me and my scattered explanation, just telling you about it. Now, I liked the story, quite predictable, but didn’t guess that the boy was her son.
Any beef with the storyline? …..None. but the acting!!! There is a reason models should stick to what they do and Uti’s acting made me wish he didn’t bother with this movie. His acting was so forced and unnatural… in simpler terms, it didn’t flow, on some ground, it was as though he was overdoing it. An example of this is when his nephew was playing a song on his laptop and he was trying to make a call (couldn’t he have gone into another room) why engage in a screaming war with a child throwing tantrums Then what’s up with screaming that your laptop is customized ? (twas an apple laptop, saw the icon) but my point is that his statement was just so questionable… (now that I think about it, maybe it was more of the writer’s fault than his) but no! his acting was so annoying (don’t want to use the word BAD) in some scenes. Dude whats up with dragging your dreads in that same scene when you were screaming, you no do am well, you for drag am comot for your head make we know say you don frustrate wella. Don’t mind me luvs. I rarely switch to pidgin English.
Now, back to bad acting, in a scene where Uti and Tonto Dikeh were outside his house, when he just got back from the lawyer’s office and the lawyer said there was no way out of taking care of his nephew, there is only one way to describe that scene. “SAD”! That’s the word. His acting was unreal, I don’t want to criticize too much, apart from all that, it was ok.
Tonto Dikeh… I won’t lie, I’m not a fan of her movies, and quite honestly, avoid them. One huge problem I had with her in this movie is her pronunciation. In fact, let me make it clearer. Her accent was…*what’s the word am looking for?* “Evil”!. Couldn’t find a word to describe the rape she inflicted on English language. The accent stole the shine from any acting skills she may possess or may have put to use in this movie.
Seriously boo, I think you should retire the accent. It sort of covered your acting and the accent was all I could hear or even see, all I could make out was that you played the part of a spoilt actress who watched too many foreign movies and it showed when she opened her mouth. Even Americans sef will find it hard to understand you. SMH
Uche Jumbo… please lets observe 1 minute of silence in awe of her effortless acting even when paired with her co-actor and actress *Just joking*(not really), ok, don’t want to go into too much praise for her acting that seemed so natural and unforced, no crazy accent. What I didn’t like about her acting? Nothing… I loved every bit of it.
That’s it, if you haven’t watched it; I think you should, even if only to awe and laugh at Tonto Dikeh’s obviously fake accent. . I think next on my review list is Damage, I just watched it and yes!! I really like it.
www.resilientlyme..com

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ebola, The Innocent Killer! Nollywood Has Done It Again (see Photo) / Movie Links / Will You Buy A Smart TV? Which Brand Will You Buy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.