Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,742 members, 7,955,829 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:23 PM

One Million Muslim March 9/11 Washington - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / One Million Muslim March 9/11 Washington (897 Views)

4 Million Muslim Worshipers World-wide Attend 29th Annual Maulud Of Sheikh Nyass / Did Jesus Exist? The Evidence Doesn't Hold Up - Washington Post. / 9/11 Terrorist Attacks On USA, A Warning From God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Million Muslim March 9/11 Washington by basilico: 4:20pm On Aug 22, 2013
Muslims are callous. When Americans are grieving the loss of their loved ones on that day from muslims; The muslims are having a march to protest discrimination as a result of their terror attack. In reality they are celebrating and laughing at their generous host.
Re: One Million Muslim March 9/11 Washington by Afam4eva(m): 4:28pm On Aug 22, 2013
Which generous host? Are there no American Muslims? Is America a Christian country? Let's stop making borderline ridiculous statements. Though i find it strange that they would be protesting against discrimination as a result of the 9/11 attacks. They could have done that some other time. I thought they would have used such a date to come out enmasse to condemn the act that's been perpetuated by a few Muslims who give Islam a bad name. Up until they do that and adopt it as a tradition, the media and the world will keep viewing them in a light that's not flattering.

4 Likes

Re: One Million Muslim March 9/11 Washington by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 22, 2013
basilico: Muslims are callous. When Americans are grieving the loss of their loved ones on that day from muslims; The muslims are having a march to protest discrimination as a result of their terror attack. In reality they are celebrating and laughing at their generous host.

Hi Basil,

Your bias against Islam is written all over the OP. If Muslims are being discriminated against as a result of the 9/11 terror attacks then they have every right to protest against such discrimination.

It is very wrong to hold a group responsible for the actions of a few. I am quite sure you don't find it pleasant when you are being discriminated against, at International airports, just because you wield the 'Nigerian passport' (assuming you are Nigerian).

If we are to go by your thought process then every Nigerian deserves to be discriminated against because of the actions of Mutalab and the Bokoharam. This is just wrong.

I agree that 9/11 is still very fresh on the minds of a lot of persons but it is no grounds for discrimination. Discrimination should be fought against wherever and whenever it is perceived. Those Muslims have every right to protest and I am in solidarity with them.

1 Like

Re: One Million Muslim March 9/11 Washington by basilico: 4:59pm On Aug 22, 2013
They can start by doing a million muslim march against those muslims burning churches, beheading, bombing muslims and non muslims. Id join the march. Here the match is about them being treated unfairly on a day Islam murdered nearly 3000 innocents! You expect me to side with them?
striktlymi:

Hi Basil,

Your bias against Islam is written all over the OP. If Muslims are being discriminated against as a result of the 9/11 terror attacks then they have every right to protest against such discrimination.

It is very wrong to hold a group responsible for the actions of a few. I am quite sure you don't find it pleasant when you are being discriminated against, at International airports, just because you wield the 'Nigerian passport' (assuming you are Nigerian).

If we are to go by your thought process then every Nigerian deserves to be discriminated against because of the actions of Mutalab and the Bokoharam. This is just wrong.

I agree that 9/11 is still very fresh on the minds of a lot of persons but it is no grounds for discrimination. Discrimination should be fought against wherever and whenever it is perceived. Those Muslims have every right to protest and I am in solidarity with them.
Re: One Million Muslim March 9/11 Washington by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 22, 2013
basilico: They can start by doing a million muslim march against those muslims burning churches, beheading, bombing muslims and non muslims. Id join the march. Here the match is about them being treated unfairly on a day Islam murdered nearly 3000 innocents! You expect me to side with them?

Now you are being very sentimental. A week or two ago some Muslims were seen defending a church in Egypt, in the event of an attack from 'the mob'...I did not see you in that thread to congratulate their efforts.

But you quickly open a thread to condemn their fight for an obvious injustice? This is not palatable in the very least. Must we allow our sentiments and prejudice blind us to sound reason and judgment?

Basil, there is a need for you and some other persons to draw the line between Islam and some bigoted Muslims. Islam did not execute the terror attacks on 9/11. The sooner we come to terms with this, the sooner we can start understanding what the issues are.

1 Like

Re: One Million Muslim March 9/11 Washington by basilico: 5:18pm On Aug 22, 2013
The rest of muslims who dont wage violent jihad are the moderates. Those who 'Misinterprate' the quran and engage in violence are termed radicals. In the minds of some of those who know the muslim mind, quran,hadeeth, etc There is nothing like moderate islam according to Erdogan the Turkish caliph. Islam is islam period. The radical slices off your neck while the moderates hold your legs down. Americans are finally getting this. Marching on this day is like having Big Mac as a moderator here. Such a bad taste.
Re: One Million Muslim March 9/11 Washington by basilico: 5:26pm On Aug 22, 2013
As i said the Americans are seeing throug this bull.shit. The bikers are organising a 2 million march in Washington the same day. Loud long haired tattoed red necks on huge (Harley Davies) bikes. 2 million of them. I am sure the cowardly muslims will back down and not hold their heroic march. The cowardly muslims cant risk confrontation with this group. I might fly over and join them.
Re: One Million Muslim March 9/11 Washington by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 22, 2013
When in a foreign country, it's better to keep a low profile. Protesting discrimination on a day that the natives are using to commemorate the passing of their loved ones is just plain rude.

America pride themselves as the country with the best democracy(not true, though) in the sense that anyone, whether citizen or not is entitled to equal civil liberties. Which means that the Muslim community can stage a protest in New York time square without feeling the hammer of the law, cuz they are protected by the fifth amendment.

But in a diplomatic sense, it's a wrong move that will only serve to elevate the animosity that the non-Muslim natives already have for the Muslims.

Discrimination of any kind, on the other hand is bad an should be frowned upon. Holding a group of people responsible for the crime of few is just wrong and stupĂ­d. And there is absolutely nothing wrong in staging a peaceful demonstrations to protest against that, but must be conducted in smart way, in manner that doesn't make waves.

Protesting in a day they are not suppose to, goes contrary to any message that they may be trying to send across. It's just plain Antagonism

4 Likes

Re: One Million Muslim March 9/11 Washington by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 22, 2013
Basil now I suspect you are Islamophobic.

1 Like

Re: One Million Muslim March 9/11 Washington by basilico: 7:42pm On Aug 22, 2013
I know a lot about islam than you. Islamophobe is a phrase coined by brain washed muslims to deter critics of islam like me to call ou the violent nature of the quran. Islamophobe is supposed to be a denigration of racism such that anyone who correctly quotes that islam is a religion of violence is slandered as a racist based on the fact that most whites are white and most muslims are non whites like the Fulanis Hausa et al.
striktlymi: Basil now I suspect you are Islamophobic.
Re: One Million Muslim March 9/11 Washington by basilico: 9:51pm On Sep 12, 2013
Over at Washington DC the million muslim march attracted only 25. The bikers were estimated at hundreds of thousands and all of them hate muslims supremacist ideology. MSM refused to cover the march. Watch Kerry now on MSM TV now cowing to the new superpower Russia under Putin.

(1) (Reply)

What Happened To The Fire Of Brownsville Revival? / I'm Loosing It / What Offence Would Someone Commit That You Cannot Forgive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.