Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,687 members, 7,816,798 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

MTN Loses Big In Mobile Number Portability Scheme - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MTN Loses Big In Mobile Number Portability Scheme (775 Views)

Man Loses Belongings Over Wife’s N4k Bank Debt (pictured) / Saka Joined The Wrong Team? MTN Losesbig In Mobile Number Portability Scheme / MTN Uganda Loses Billions In mobile Money Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Loses Big In Mobile Number Portability Scheme by Sunymoore(m): 6:05pm On Aug 23, 2013
According to the Director of Public Affairs
of the Nigerian Communications
Commission (NCC), Mr Tony Ojobo, MTN
lost a lot of their subscribers to other
networks during the recently introduced
Mobile Number Portability (MNP)
scheme.
According to figures released by Mr
Ojobo, MTN topped the losers table
among an overall number of subscribers
that switched service providers in the
telecoms market with 49%; followed by
Globacom with 23%; Airtel with 17%;
while Etisalat came last on the losers’
table with 11%. Which means Etisalat
emerged top in the number porting
scheme among the telecoms company.
Wow!
http://lindaikeji..com/2013/08/mtn-loses-big-in-mobile-number.html?m=1
Re: MTN Loses Big In Mobile Number Portability Scheme by stan4b(m): 6:08pm On Aug 23, 2013
I thought mtn was the leading network
Re: MTN Loses Big In Mobile Number Portability Scheme by Gold2NairaCom(m): 6:48pm On Aug 23, 2013
stan4b: I thought mtn was the leading network

MTN is the leading network in the aspect of Porting adverting (courtesy of Saka), but Etisalat is the best network provider.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Loses Big In Mobile Number Portability Scheme by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 23, 2013
I am not surprised.
Re: MTN Loses Big In Mobile Number Portability Scheme by Chizin(m): 9:29pm On Aug 23, 2013
Etisalat remains the best network so far..

1 Like

Re: MTN Loses Big In Mobile Number Portability Scheme by mariong(m): 11:55pm On Aug 23, 2013
Etisalat is now worst, their tariff is on the high side, charges for surfing the net is exorbitant. One would think they'll cut down their tariff due to the expansion of their customer base rather, they do the opposite.
I'm just contemplating on where to port.

(1) (Reply)

Looking For Unique Business Idea? Get One Here. / Who Does God Say We Are?: ‘coscharis’ Maduka / Binary Options Sure Strategy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.