Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,394 members, 7,826,536 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Converting Rhd Cars To Lhd Cars - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Converting Rhd Cars To Lhd Cars (2392 Views)

Car Conversion (rhd To Lhd) / SOLD!SOLD!!! # 1999 Honda Accord *** TOKUNBO*** (RHD)***#500k / RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Converting Rhd Cars To Lhd Cars by erico2k2(m): 2:17pm On Jun 10, 2008
Hi there, this is a new forum I just thought I should post, anyone who want to convert their cars from Right hand Drive(RHD) to Left hand Drive (LHD) can contribute and share ideas here.
Please guys be nice, any info would be mega appreciated
Re: Converting Rhd Cars To Lhd Cars by nkc(m): 2:20pm On Jun 10, 2008
grin

u want us to be nice but the icon preceding your topic title is d ANGRY icon, so r u sure u wants us to be nice or ANGRY, maybe VIOLENT grin grin grin
Re: Converting Rhd Cars To Lhd Cars by erico2k2(m): 6:53pm On Jun 10, 2008
nkc,I go bite your goaty , I dey Vex oh,you no kno say money yab man eh? lol anyway, please guys share ideas,Mechanics, your time has come lol
Re: Converting Rhd Cars To Lhd Cars by nkc(m): 7:09pm On Jun 10, 2008
grin
Re: Converting Rhd Cars To Lhd Cars by adebisi1(m): 9:36pm On Jun 10, 2008
erico2k2 (
  Nice idea people will join us soon
Re: Converting Rhd Cars To Lhd Cars by itua10(m): 9:53pm On Jun 10, 2008
i really don't know why anyone would even import a RHD & then start converting to LHD in the 1st place.
why can't we leave the RHD alone for good?
Re: Converting Rhd Cars To Lhd Cars by erico2k2(m): 11:29pm On Jun 10, 2008
Itua if you look in my profile you will notice Im from the UK,now most Japanese cars you see in Nigeria are70% converted, cos Japan use RHD like the UK so most cars that come from Japan are converted, but you wont know cos they got market for converting kits, but they are very expensive as they are all OME, so please if you got any idea or you know who does convertion, here is the place to fill us inn unu hear? and beside yellow fever go disturb you for road so as the police if you try and drive your RHD in Nigeria, whereas here in the UK you can drive RHD or LHD, no one bothers you.
Re: Converting Rhd Cars To Lhd Cars by adebisi1(m): 11:09am On Jun 11, 2008
Itua if you look in my profile you will notice I'm from the UK,now most Japanese cars you see in Nigeria are70% converted, because Japan use RHD like the UK so most cars that come from Japan are converted, but you wont know because they got market for converting kits, but they are very expensive as they are all OME, so please if you got any idea or you know who does convertion

Ya right ,about the converting i had that alaba guys can do it perfect but i have never try them b4 ,i know a campany that convert a track any type of track at ibadan halla at me if you ga any truck to convert
Re: Converting Rhd Cars To Lhd Cars by erico2k2(m): 3:58pm On Jun 11, 2008
adebisi1:

Ya right ,about the converting i had that alaba guys can do it perfect but i have never try them before ,i know a campany that convert a track any type of track at ibadan halla at me if you ga any truck to convert
Well why dont we for starters list the parts needed for convertion, I just rang a Mechanic for Lagos and he said, Dashboard,Steering rack and pedals,
but guys is that all?
Re: Converting Rhd Cars To Lhd Cars by erico2k2(m): 4:00pm On Jun 11, 2008
adebisi1:

Ya right ,about the converting i had that alaba guys can do it perfect but i have never try them before ,i know a campany that convert a track any type of track at ibadan halla at me if you ga any truck to convert

Adebisi, how can I holla at you? phone number?
Re: Converting Rhd Cars To Lhd Cars by adebisi1(m): 4:47pm On Jun 11, 2008
adebisi12000@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Converting Rhd Cars To Lhd Cars by erico2k2(m): 3:28pm On Jun 12, 2008
HI guys, I came accross this write ups

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have done a lot of introspection and pondering about it and I have figured out a great deal of information. However there is nothing like hands on experience and since I have never actually converted any car, I wonder if Sienna (because I know he has done it before) or anyone with some experience could enlighten me about details I might be missing. So far, to do an excellent and professional job, I know the following:

1) The Dashboard will be removed and replaced with LHD dashboard
2) The Steering Rack assembly will have to be replaced with LHD one
3) The Wiring Harness behind the Dashboard could be saved and simply inverted (turned around), is that correct Sienna??
4) The Brake Master Cylinder will have to be repositioned and re-lined
5) The Pedal assembly will be removed and repositioned
6) Door panels and door mounted Electric Controls (depends on car) will be replaced with LHD door panels and controls (cars with electric control in the center console won't have this problem)
7) Wiper motor and mechanism must be repositioned or replaced (I suppose this depends on particular design)
8 ) Engine and transmission have to be removed to allow access to firewall and accessories. Firewall is the wall between the passenger compartment and the engine bay, right under the windshield
9) All secondary accessories located on the firewall such as Blower motor, Heater core, AC duct, wires and cables will have to be re-positioned.
10 ) If car is automatic, then gear selector may have to be replaced with one facing the right direction or entire floor console may have to be replaced to allow emergency brakes and Gear selector indicators to be properly positioned (but this varies with each car’s design peculiarities)

I noticed that the firewall in European made cars were made asymmetrical and the fitting holes for all accessories were pre-stamped and could simply be punched out when moving steering to the other side. This suggests to me that European car's firewalls are made in a generic manner anticipating either LHD use or RHD use. However in Japanese cars, the firewalls are specifically designed and dedicated to only one type – either RHD or LHD. This reality makes Japanese cars much more difficult to convert since the only way to do a professional job is to remove the entire RHD firewall and replace it with a LHD firewall. I may be wrong and maybe there is someone out there that has done it differently. It is possible and even likely that there are other things I have missed or gotten wrong, I will like someone with experience to feel free throwing some insight into this subject.
Re: Converting Rhd Cars To Lhd Cars by sonety2k(m): 8:26pm On Aug 22, 2008
In case you or your friend need any RHD CAR / BUS FROM JAPAN, Toyota ,Honda , Audi , Vw, Nissan , I could source the used car for you in Japan very clean and ship it to any country Worldwide from japan by RORO, if u are in UK, IRELAND , SOUTH ARFICA , KENYA , AUSTRALIA, BAHAMAS or NEW ZEALAND e.t.c

If you are intrested in buying a RHD car from Japan. kindly get in touch with me. With the type of CAR / YEAR that u are looking for @ sonety2k@yahoo.com, sonetauto@yahoo.com or call my mobile phone -81-9017259102. Regard ,

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Used Honda Crv 2007,new Hyundai Tucson 2009 & New Kia Sportage 2009 Advice / Honda Crv 2003 Registered For Sale / Toyota Hiach Bus 2 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.