Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,083 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

Is Giving Ur Used Clothes & Things U Dont Or Cant Use Again To People Good - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Giving Ur Used Clothes & Things U Dont Or Cant Use Again To People Good (534 Views)

Giving Ur Life To Christ. What Do U Mean / See What This Dude Is Giving To God / Some Things That Attract Demons To People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Giving Ur Used Clothes & Things U Dont Or Cant Use Again To People Good by thuao(m): 11:35am On Aug 25, 2013
Considering the bible Mathew 22:39 which says to love ur neighbour as ursef.
If u can't use them, is giving them to others loving them like ursef.
Am Not disputing that its good to giv alms and things to the less privileged.
Re: Is Giving Ur Used Clothes & Things U Dont Or Cant Use Again To People Good by Orikinla(m): 12:04pm On Aug 25, 2013
It is wrong to give what is worthless to you as a gift to a fellow human.
Give only things you would love to use yourself.
Giving is sharing.

I see people in cars throwing alms to beggars on the street and this is disrespectful and wrong.
Anything given without dignity and respect is a bad gift. And unacceptable to God.
Re: Is Giving Ur Used Clothes & Things U Dont Or Cant Use Again To People Good by nora544: 12:29pm On Aug 25, 2013
why this should not be good.

In my country it is normal that the church takes this clothes and all what you didnot need and keep it.

The church need this clothes for help, people who lose all because the house burn down.
I could remember when the war was in yugoslavia (europa) so much people come in my country and the had nothing only the clothes they had on there body and they where happy when they get this for the first time.

I know charity is not very important in african countries, but in europa.

We just send a container with used old sewing machines (they need no electricity) to kenja for a projekt and i can show you photos about happy woman in this country because the get a new future, they get hope.
Re: Is Giving Ur Used Clothes & Things U Dont Or Cant Use Again To People Good by uboma(m): 2:39pm On Aug 25, 2013
it is not the quality of gift that you give out but the spirit behind it. what about those who cant afford new clothes? Are u now saying that if they give out their old clothes, that they have done wrong? For those who can afford new clothes, fine. For me sha, i only give out what i can use. If i can't use something/eat a particular food, then i don't give them out...

(1) (Reply)

Are MOTHERS Taking The Position Of FATHERS Now? / Five Simple Ways You Can Begin To Share Your Faith This Week / Christianity Makes Many Comedians Careers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.