Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,360 members, 7,829,912 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Plane Crash Again? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Plane Crash Again? (819 Views)

4-Year-Old Boy That Died In The Kaduna Plane Crash (Photos) / Lagos Plane Crash: List Of Passengers & Survivors / Plane Crash Again In Ikeja Air Port (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plane Crash Again? by Tegese: 8:20pm On Jun 10, 2008
Plane Bursts Into Flames in Sudan; 200 Aboard
Plane bursts into flames after landing at Sudan airport; about 200 passengers aboard
By MOHAMED OSMAN Associated Press Writer
KHARTOUM, Sudan June 10, 2008 (AP) The Associated Press
6 comments FONT SIZE
EMAIL
PRINT
RSS
A plane carrying about 200 passengers veered off a runway late Tuesday amid thunderstorms and burst into flames. The number of casualties was not immediately known.

An Associated Press reporter at the scene said the plane arriving from Amman, Jordan apparently left the runway as it landed in Khartoum, the capital of Sudan.

The head of Sudanese police, Mohammad Najib, said bad weather "caused the plane to crash land, split into two and catch fire."

Related
Could Rare Oasis Ease Suffering in Darfur?WATCH: Search for Water in DarfurWATCH: Stunning Scenes from Sudan"We believe that most of the passengers were able to make it out and escape with their lives," said Najib, without disclosing further details on how they escaped.

But he stressed that officials could not say for sure how many were killed.

The plane took off from Damascus, Syria, Najib said. Al-Jazeera television station said it was a Sudanese Airways passenger jet, and Najib confirmed the plane was from a Sudanese airline.

Sudan has a poor aviation safety record. In May, a plane crash in a remote area of southern Sudan killed 24 people, including key members of the southern Sudanese government.

In July 2003, a Sudan Airways Boeing 737 en route from Port Sudan to Khartoum crashed soon after takeoff, killing all 115 people on board.

http://i.abcnews.com/International/wireStory?id=5039189
Re: Plane Crash Again? by babycool(f): 10:50pm On Jun 10, 2008
Horrible, been watching it live at CNN.  cry
Re: Plane Crash Again? by SeanT21(f): 12:05am On Jun 11, 2008
that is horrible.

To all the 115 people that were killed R. I. P.

I will see you all soon, but not very soon.

make sure you say hi to my grandmother for me. Her name is Elizabeth Cox.

Re: Plane Crash Again? by babycool(f): 1:12am On Jun 11, 2008
Is this some kind of joke or what? Those are human lives; husbands, wiVes and kids, Mothers, fathers have just been lost, do you realise the agony of all that?You better show some real respect or hush up!  angry  angry
Re: Plane Crash Again? by SeanT21(f): 6:50pm On Jun 12, 2008
babycool:

Is this some kind of joke or what? Those are human lives; husbands, wiVes and kids, Mothers, fathers have just been lost, do you realise the agony of all that?You better show some real respect or hush up! angry angry

do u see me laughing. Better Be Cool.
Re: Plane Crash Again? by ty4real(m): 7:23pm On Jun 12, 2008
babycool:

Is this some kind of joke or what? Those are human lives; husbands, wiVes and kids, Mothers, fathers have just been lost, do you realise the agony of all that?You better show some real respect or hush up! angry angry

That is what we see when kids are let loose on the internet without proper tutelage grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Has Anyone In The House Been To The German Embassy Lately? / Nigerian Passport Application / Virgin Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.