Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,763 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Cost Of Setting Up A Welding Workshop - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cost Of Setting Up A Welding Workshop (5535 Views)

6 Keys to Success in Setting Up Your Small Business / Cost Of Setting Up A Block Industry / Setting Up a Cyber-cafe: What Does It Take? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of Setting Up A Welding Workshop by anienge001: 2:52am On Aug 26, 2013
With the double digits unemployment rates in Nigeria coupled with the unrealistic desire for 'white collar' job, I intend to promote craftsmanship in our youths. My immediate younger brother holds an HND in mechanical engineering, so is a student I taught in sec. school 8yrs ago. The later has a welding machine which he welds stuffs for people. My brother is good at designs. I want to open a wielding and fabrication workshop that both of them can work together on full time. They can even employ others.
I am yet to reveal the idea to either of them, but I want to know how much I need to buy the basic machines. The basic machines I'm thinking of are:
Standard welding machine, Big generator(No thanks to PHCN), filing and drilling machines etc, etc.

I need to know the prices for these and other machines that you deem necessary for such a workshop.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Setting Up A Welding Workshop by lagbaja(m): 7:25am On Aug 26, 2013
Very lucrative business.Lots of metal construction works are in demand. You can make prefabricated gate, window burglary, handrails, you can also fabricate simple machines e.g wheel barrows, rakes, spades etc.take a tour of Orile and Owode markets in Lagos. With N150k, u can get all the listed items. Buy the red indian generator (about 10kva).

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Setting Up A Welding Workshop by famousekpo: 9:21am On Aug 26, 2013
Very good biz,though for industries only for now
Re: Cost Of Setting Up A Welding Workshop by famousekpo: 9:25am On Aug 26, 2013
I am into it,am doing it as contract for company but need funds since some of them don't mobilise but paid 45days upon job completion.
Re: Cost Of Setting Up A Welding Workshop by anienge001: 2:54pm On Aug 26, 2013
lagbaja: Very lucrative business.Lots of metal construction works are in demand. You can make prefabricated gate, window burglary, handrails, you can also fabricate simple machines e.g wheel barrows, rakes, spades etc.take a tour of Orile and Owode markets in Lagos. With N150k, u can get all the listed items. Buy the red indian generator (about 10kva).

Thank U so much. Do U mean with 150K, the machines I listed can be purchased? Then, I will discuss with them as soon as possible. I hope they can start by the end of September.
Re: Cost Of Setting Up A Welding Workshop by lagbaja(m): 1:13am On Aug 27, 2013
With 150k, u can get all the firist phase items as listed below. It is better to start with the basic machines. This will include.

First phase
1 welding machine
2 work bench ( this can be self fabricated)
3 vice ( small and large)
4 f clamp
5 grinding machine
6 generator
7 basic tools ( saw, hammer, chiesel, punch, bender,)

Second phase

6 manual cutting machine
7 fairly used drilling machin
8 inventory ( to inclde few common metals they will need fro their choise area f metal works)

Milling machines and lathe machine are not compulsory to have from the onset. Works that require their use can be outsourced.

Most of the listed items above are available as new and fairly used.

Most artisan metal workers do not have access to generators and patronises their colleagues who does. They pay as much as N4k on daily basis to share the use of generators. That is extra income.
Re: Cost Of Setting Up A Welding Workshop by anienge001: 4:03am On Aug 27, 2013
lagbaja: With 150k, u can get all the firist phase items as listed below. It is better to start with the basic machines. This will include.

First phase
1 welding machine
2 work bench ( this can be self fabricated)
3 vice ( small and large)
4 f clamp
5 grinding machine
6 generator
7 basic tools ( saw, hammer, chiesel, punch, bender,)

Second phase

6 manual cutting machine
7 fairly used drilling machin
8 inventory ( to inclde few common metals they will need fro their choise area f metal works)

Milling machines and lathe machine are not compulsory to have from the onset. Works that require their use can be outsourced.

Most of the listed items above are available as new and fairly used.

Most artisan metal workers do not have access to generators and patronises their colleagues who does. They pay as much as N4k on daily basis to share the use of generators. That is extra income.

I really appreciate your inputs. U type as someone in that field. I am talking with my younger bros today.
Thank U so much!!

I wish our universities and polytechnics can teach these hands on skills to help with rate of unemployment.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Setting Up A Welding Workshop by lagbaja(m): 4:11pm On Aug 27, 2013
anienge001:

I really appreciate your inputs. U type as someone in that field. I am talking with my younger bros today.
Thank U so much!!

I wish our universities and polytechnics can teach these hands on skills to help with rate of unemployment.

I am an electronic/electrical engineer, recently, I have had to do some metal works and have understudied their operations. I wish our youths will begin to think differently rather than seeking cheap wealth that never exists. 80% of the posts on the business section is about get rich quick scams when they should be engaging their minds in constructive and innovative ways of creating wealth. Metal works and fabrication is very easy to learn so long as you have the willingness. It is also very rewarding.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Setting Up A Welding Workshop by anienge001: 6:29pm On Aug 27, 2013
lagbaja:

I am an electronic/electrical engineer, recently, I have had to do some metal works and have understudied their operations. I wish our youths will begin to think differently rather than seeking cheap wealth that never exists. 80% of the posts on the business section is about get rich quick scams when they should be engaging their minds in constructive and innovative ways of creating wealth. Metal works and fabrication is very easy to learn so long as you have the willingness. It is also very rewarding.

I believe U my brother. The mad rush for quick riches is the bane of economic growth in this country. The current set of politicians are not helping matters with their "cash and carry" mentality. I have many business models on ground, but whenever I discuss any with friends/relatives, they are quick to ask how much they will be earning. They want links government jobs/contracts. I pray I get enough money to invest in this workshop to make it attractive to graduates.

I wish U can mentor few of them in your field of specialization such that the skilled ones can be better placed than some empty graduates.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Setting Up A Welding Workshop by Greatken007(m): 2:05am On Aug 28, 2013
REGISTERING WITH A WELDING PROFFESSIONAL BODY IS VERY NECCESSARY,YOU MUST HAVE TO DIFFERENTIATE URSELF FROM THOSE BY THE ROADSIDE,U DONT NEED A LATHE M/C MAY BE LATER,U MUST AV A CONSTANT SUPPLY OF ELECTRODE,GRINDING WHEEL,GOGGLE.U MUST TAKE SAFETY PRACTICE INTO CONSIDERATION,WORKERS MUST PUT ON THE CORRECT PPE(PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT),AS FOR ME I LOVE THINKING BIG OOOO,TOO MANY IDEAS BUT LET ME STOP MY FINGER HERE FOR NOW,I WIL SEND MORE IF U SO DESIRE,
Re: Cost Of Setting Up A Welding Workshop by Bambizzle4k4556: 7:24am On Nov 16, 2015
Greatken007:
REGISTERING WITH A WELDING PROFFESSIONAL BODY IS VERY NECCESSARY,YOU MUST HAVE TO DIFFERENTIATE URSELF FROM THOSE BY THE ROADSIDE,U DONT NEED A LATHE M/C MAY BE LATER,U MUST AV A CONSTANT SUPPLY OF ELECTRODE,GRINDING WHEEL,GOGGLE.U MUST TAKE SAFETY PRACTICE INTO CONSIDERATION,WORKERS MUST PUT ON THE CORRECT PPE(PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT),AS FOR ME I LOVE THINKING BIG OOOO,TOO MANY IDEAS BUT LET ME STOP MY FINGER HERE FOR NOW,I WIL SEND MORE IF U SO DESIRE,

Boss I greet you.
I will love to discuss a few things with hence I have sent you a mail, dunno how to get your phone number or whatsapp contact or even to pm people on nairaland.

However, i have sent you a mail, Kiindly oblige so we can communicate.

Cheers
Re: Cost Of Setting Up A Welding Workshop by tobi197(m): 5:51pm On Mar 30, 2016
I want to open a welding shop in Lagos, can someone advice me if it is a something that can bring in money that will sustain me
1. What do I need to start the business
2. how much can I expect at monthly and or yearly
3. What other information do I need to know
4. Source of materials and the demands.
Thanks
tobi197@yahoo.com
Re: Cost Of Setting Up A Welding Workshop by ajabani4allah(m): 12:41pm On Mar 31, 2018
Greatken007:

Good day bro, Pls I have so developed interest in this welding and fabrication of a thing this days pls educate me more on how to go about learning it and every other things it entails. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Firstbank Records N1trn Transactions Via USSD Platform / How To Apply For NIRSAL Microfinance Bank CBN N50bn COVID-19 Loan. / How Socially Responsible Are Companies In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.