Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,517 members, 7,954,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:18 PM

Charging Phones From Soles Of Shoes - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Charging Phones From Soles Of Shoes (1232 Views)

How Truemessenger Saves Phones From Unwanted Smss / Tommy Hilfiger Launches Solar Powered Jackets For Charging Phones / These Types Of Shoes Or Boots Have Soft Ease As Well As In Vogue Appearance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Charging Phones From Soles Of Shoes by HerexG(m): 9:05am On Aug 26, 2013
Anthony Mutua :Kenyans can now charge phones
from the soles of their shoes through a technology
entering mass production. Kenya's 25-year-old
Anthony Mutua developed an ultra- thin chip that
generates electricity when put under pressure. The
chip charges the phone when placed 10cm from a shoe taken off after walking or running. With
funding from the National Council for Science and
Technology, Mutua is now selling the charger and his
branded shoe dubbed Am-utua, which retails at
between KSh1,800 and KSh4,200 ($20-50). "I have
sold 912 pairs of my own branded shoe and fitted about 2,200 shoes with my chips," says Mutua,
whose idea is patented in Kenya though the shoes
are made in India."Eventually I will transfer the
production of the shoes to Kenya," he says. He has
turned to GoFundMe, a fundraising website, to raise
KSh16m to establish a plant in his own country. Read the original article on Theafricareport.com :
Thirty ideas shaking up Africa | Frontline
Follow us: @theafricareport on Twitter |
theafricareport on Facebook

(1) (Reply)

How To Unfreeze A Frozen Laptop / Engineers, How Many Homes Can 450 Megawatts Power / Gud Day Guys.pls I Need Ur Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.