Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,701 members, 7,955,644 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:51 AM

Reason Why Nokia Has Refused To Make A Phone Using Andriod Software - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Reason Why Nokia Has Refused To Make A Phone Using Andriod Software (3074 Views)

Here Are Top Reason Why Your Smartphone Battery Now Drain Twice As Fast / I Bought This FIL Power Bank That Look Like A Phone Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reason Why Nokia Has Refused To Make A Phone Using Andriod Software by pesty100(m): 7:00pm On Aug 26, 2013
Lem me just cut it short.....
Nokia claims it doesn't want to jump on the bandwagon...... Like other phone manufacturers
Re: Reason Why Nokia Has Refused To Make A Phone Using Andriod Software by OCTAVO: 7:03pm On Aug 26, 2013
Nawa o.. grin
Too much akamu
Re: Reason Why Nokia Has Refused To Make A Phone Using Andriod Software by yomalex(m): 7:29pm On Aug 26, 2013
I don't know myself.that would be a great combo

Android 4.4 Kitkat Unveiled
Tecno P5

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Nokia Has Refused To Make A Phone Using Andriod Software by Koolmexxi(m): 7:43pm On Aug 26, 2013
Dey probably feel dey've lost d market to samsung and likes or jus refusing to own up to d failure of their belle project.. #JusSaying#.
But if Nokia enta d android market dem go pursue others comot ooo, Samsung inclusive

2 Likes

Re: Reason Why Nokia Has Refused To Make A Phone Using Andriod Software by pesty100(m): 7:48pm On Aug 26, 2013
Nokia should try making an andriod phone....... Wp is not helping them and also wp is too complex
Re: Reason Why Nokia Has Refused To Make A Phone Using Andriod Software by UchihaItachi(m): 7:50am On Aug 27, 2013
Everyone can't go with Android just because it's dominating now. . . They're better off with windows and they're also gaining grounds fast. The competition will intensify soon which is good for me personally. . . And u know people use phones for different reasons and every OS is different from the other. . .

3 Likes

Re: Reason Why Nokia Has Refused To Make A Phone Using Andriod Software by Dejavuetall(m): 9:05am On Aug 27, 2013
Samsung have better engineers than Nokia. Nokia still dwells in past glory, Android is the future!

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Nokia Has Refused To Make A Phone Using Andriod Software by Koolmexxi(m): 9:29am On Aug 27, 2013
Dejavuetall: Samsung have better engineers than Nokia. Nokia still dwells in past glory, Android is the future!
My broda if Nokia enta d droid race dey'll giv Samsung beta run for their money..
Re: Reason Why Nokia Has Refused To Make A Phone Using Andriod Software by UchihaItachi(m): 9:30am On Aug 27, 2013
Dejavuetall: Samsung have better engineers than Nokia. Nokia still dwells in past glory, Android is the future!
so u call windows OS past glory? Just watch out
Re: Reason Why Nokia Has Refused To Make A Phone Using Andriod Software by SamConquer(m): 10:42am On Aug 27, 2013
Koolmexxi: Dey probably feel dey've lost d market to samsung and likes or jus refusing to own up to d failure of their belle project.. #JusSaying#.
But if Nokia enta d android market dem go pursue others comot ooo, Samsung inclusive
That is A Lie,Even Nokia Enter Android Market they can do Little or Nothing of Threat to Samsung...Samsung is A Company that have Shown other Smartphones that they have Come to stay with their Cutting Edge Innovations,there Ability to keep up with trends and also their ability to Impove on the Success Of other Smartphones(Ask Iphone)For Example If Nokia Produce an Android with a very good battery Life the Next Year Samsung will Produce an Android Phone that can last a Year without charging...So You see Samsung is everyready to keep its Pace of becoming the Smartphones Number One and also move with trend.....#wow!!!Just Hope Say Samsung Go pay Me for this Small advert*Laughs*....Adios
Re: Reason Why Nokia Has Refused To Make A Phone Using Andriod Software by 3ace(m): 12:49pm On Aug 27, 2013
By seeing this thread, one would have thought that the OP has provided reasons why Nokia doesn't want to go android. But instead, he is asking why? Anyway, one reason I know is that it will be expensive for them to go android. They have a lot to gain if they remain with windows. Nokia is actually getting money from Microsoft instead of paying them to use Android(they will have to pay Microsoft if they want to go android). Also, Nokia’s software developers have less work to do with Windows Phone. There’s no need to mess around with the UI and spend years learning how to master
Android development.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Nokia Has Refused To Make A Phone Using Andriod Software by pesty100(m): 1:01pm On Aug 27, 2013
3ace: By seeing this thread, one would have thought that the OP has provided reasons why Nokia doesn't want to go android. But instead, he is asking why? Anyway, one reason I know is that it will be expensive for them to go android. They have a lot to gain if they remain with windows. Nokia is actually getting money from Microsoft instead of paying them to use Android(they will have to pay Microsoft if they want to go android). Also, Nokia’s software developers have less work to do with Windows Phone. There’s no need to mess around with the UI and spend years learning how to master
Android development.
i bet you copied that from a blog.......... Nokia should just quit being proud and go Android
Re: Reason Why Nokia Has Refused To Make A Phone Using Andriod Software by pesty100(m): 1:04pm On Aug 27, 2013
Uchiha Itachi:
so u call windows OS past glory? Just watch out
windows is past glory there is nothing in windows app store...... Window computer might be good but the phone is not living up to expectations
Re: Reason Why Nokia Has Refused To Make A Phone Using Andriod Software by Les: 1:46pm On Aug 27, 2013
pesty100: windows is past glory there is nothing in windows app store...... Window computer might be good but the phone is not living up to expectations
what expectations?? i use windows so beware of what you sayyyyy. pls o, why cant nokia produse a tablet, windows tablet, lol??
Re: Reason Why Nokia Has Refused To Make A Phone Using Andriod Software by pesty100(m): 1:52pm On Aug 27, 2013
Les: what expectations?? i use windows so beware of what you sayyyyy. pls o, why cant nokia produse a tablet, windows tablet, lol??
i use andriod.... And my dad use nokia lumia.... An my dad use is phone for only two weeks now he considers replacing it with samsung.....
Re: Reason Why Nokia Has Refused To Make A Phone Using Andriod Software by Les: 2:30pm On Aug 27, 2013
so you came to that conclusion because of dat??
Re: Reason Why Nokia Has Refused To Make A Phone Using Andriod Software by pesty100(m): 3:41pm On Aug 27, 2013
Les: so you came to that conclusion because of dat??
yes
Re: Reason Why Nokia Has Refused To Make A Phone Using Andriod Software by Les: 3:43pm On Aug 27, 2013
pesty100: yes
a better conclusion, plsssssss?
Re: Reason Why Nokia Has Refused To Make A Phone Using Andriod Software by jmaine: 3:44pm On Aug 27, 2013
Its simple . .Differentiation from the Android glut in the market. . .

And so many acute ignorance peddled here. .How can folks call the latest major OS in Windows Phone past glory . . embarassed

I love my Lumia grin
Re: Reason Why Nokia Has Refused To Make A Phone Using Andriod Software by jmaine: 3:48pm On Aug 27, 2013
Les: what expectations?? i use windows so beware of what you sayyyyy. pls o, why cant nokia produse a tablet, windows tablet, lol??

Nokia is announcing a Tablet next month . . .So your Ernest wish will be a reality grin
Re: Reason Why Nokia Has Refused To Make A Phone Using Andriod Software by Les: 3:55pm On Aug 27, 2013
jmaine:

Nokia is announcing a Tablet next month . . .So your Ernest wish will be a reality grin
in what os will it rnu?? team lumia
Re: Reason Why Nokia Has Refused To Make A Phone Using Andriod Software by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 27, 2013
jmaine: Its simple . .Differentiation from the Android glut in the market. . .

And so many acute ignorance peddled here. .How can folks call the latest major OS in Windows Phone past glory . . embarassed

I love my Lumia grin
i hate to say this... i hate tecno wella...

but bro... even tecno don pass nokia now
Re: Reason Why Nokia Has Refused To Make A Phone Using Andriod Software by Koolmexxi(m): 7:32pm On Aug 27, 2013
SamConquer: That is A Lie,Even Nokia Enter Android Market they can do Little or Nothing of Threat to Samsung...Samsung is A Company that have Shown other Smartphones that they have Come to stay with their Cutting Edge Innovations,there Ability to keep up with trends and also their ability to Impove on the Success Of other Smartphones(Ask Iphone)For Example If Nokia Produce an Android with a very good battery Life the Next Year Samsung will Produce an Android Phone that can last a Year without charging...So You see Samsung is everyready to keep its Pace of becoming the Smartphones Number One and also move with trend.....#wow!!!Just Hope Say Samsung Go pay Me for this Small advert*Laughs*....Adios
My friend where was Samsung nd it's creativity during d java or symbian era No doubt dey are dominating d android market ryt now but my broda, if Nokia was in dis race, hmmm. I rest my case..
Re: Reason Why Nokia Has Refused To Make A Phone Using Andriod Software by pesty100(m): 7:37pm On Aug 27, 2013
rigidity killed nokia in the begining of the andriod race...... now i see them walking towards the same path again..... dont really know how it will end.....
Re: Reason Why Nokia Has Refused To Make A Phone Using Andriod Software by Dejavuetall(m): 10:49pm On Aug 27, 2013
I bet if you use android and also use windows in comparism you will drop the window phone. Besides, tecno grew from nothing to something because of the android os. Seeing is believing. I have been an astute follower of Nokia fone for years but swicthed to android because they fail to follow the market trend.
Re: Reason Why Nokia Has Refused To Make A Phone Using Andriod Software by drizzypat: 8:45am On Aug 28, 2013
SamConquer: That is A Lie,Even Nokia Enter Android Market they can do Little or Nothing of Threat to Samsung...Samsung is A Company that have Shown other Smartphones that they have Come to stay with their Cutting Edge Innovations,there Ability to keep up with trends and also their ability to Impove on the Success Of other Smartphones(Ask Iphone)For Example If Nokia Produce an Android with a very good battery Life the Next Year Samsung will Produce an Android Phone that can last a Year without charging...So You see Samsung is everyready to keep its Pace of becoming the Smartphones Number One and also move with trend.....#wow!!!Just Hope Say Samsung Go pay Me for this Small advert*Laughs*....Adios
coming from someone who uses sammy#bias statement#.pls be plain, noka has one of the best hardware engr round d world some dnt even work now,..we all knw clearly sammy is really light in hardware.(a frnd break his s3 jst by mere sitting on it briefl) i still have one nokia n8 beside me dat has undergo lots of thorough test and still works fine,hardware wise nokia is beta,oh and also i dnt knw if u knw dis.nokia has the best camera than any fone ryt now(except the upcoming oppo N1 ,which is insanely cool),that alone+hardware structure.will definatelysmash out sammy.the ovi store of nokia is also way beta dan sammy(excluding google playstore)..the truth is nokia dnt wonna go into any price/tech fyt btw any company,which will definately result to low income(lie the htc's lgs and so on).currently nokia lumia is the biggest selliing windows fone ryt now.and dey keep makng billions on their sector,that alne is enough for dem,everyone cant join android.the traffic alone is already too much sef..
Re: Reason Why Nokia Has Refused To Make A Phone Using Andriod Software by RedCard1(m): 9:33am On Aug 28, 2013
Koolmexxi:
My broda if Nokia enta d droid race dey'll giv Samsung beta run for their money..
true talk. If Nokia joins the android league, others will be nowhere to be found. Nokia has so many loyal fans that they don't care about. My cousin can't use any phone that isn't Nokia, he loves WP8 cos it's Nokia. Nokia can make WP better and compete favourably though. Something tells me Samsung's leadership won't last long cos they have no much loyal fans. I hate WP8 though.
Re: Reason Why Nokia Has Refused To Make A Phone Using Andriod Software by pesty100(m): 10:18am On Aug 28, 2013
Red_Card: true talk. If Nokia joins the android league, others will be nowhere to be found. Nokia has so many loyal fans that they don't care about. My cousin can't use any phone that isn't Nokia, he loves WP8 cos it's Nokia. Nokia can make WP better and compete favourably though. Something tells me Samsung's leadership won't last long cos they have no much loyal fans. I hate WP8 though.
true talk...... The only thing that has kept nokia going is their loyal customers..... In whose category a good number of Nigerians falls in
Re: Reason Why Nokia Has Refused To Make A Phone Using Andriod Software by krugar07(m): 11:09am On Aug 28, 2013
deejay_harry1: i hate to say this... i hate tecno wella...

but bro... even tecno don pass nokia now
GOD FORBID !!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Nokia Has Refused To Make A Phone Using Andriod Software by pesty100(m): 12:20pm On Aug 28, 2013
krugar07: GOD FORBID !!!!!!!!!!!!!
say God frobid but I tell you I would prefer a techno android to..... Nokia asha so called smart phone
Re: Reason Why Nokia Has Refused To Make A Phone Using Andriod Software by RedCard1(m): 8:53pm On Aug 28, 2013
pesty100: say God frobid but I tell you I would prefer a techno android to..... Nokia asha so called smart phone
Lol. point of correction, asha phones are overpriced useless phones made by Nokia for people that uses phones just for phone calls. Don't mind Nokia that calls them smarthphones. I used to own one (asha 201) but didn't enjoy it as it's as slow as snail when browsing the internet, even 2go is not cool with the phone. Honestly, I dislike Tecno so much but if am asked to choose between any of the Asha phones and Tecno N3, I will take the Tecno N3. If am asked to choose between Lumia 520 @least and Tecno N7, I will take Lumia 520. I even own a Lumia 520 even though I'm not enjoying it cos of WP8, I will take it over Tecno N7.
Re: Reason Why Nokia Has Refused To Make A Phone Using Andriod Software by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 28, 2013
Les: in what os will it rnu?? team lumia
Windows RT

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Guide To Maximize Tecno P3's Resources / This Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Is FAKE!!! / How Much Is Gionee M5?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.