Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,119 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

Dress A Reflection Of Morals - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Dress A Reflection Of Morals (662 Views)

Fashion: Is This Birthday Dress A Hit Or A Miss? (PHOTOS) / Please Give This Dress A Befiting Name / See The Provocative Dress A Nigerian Girl Wore Party!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dress A Reflection Of Morals by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 26, 2013
Are you a fashion freak? Are you always eager to wear the latest? Do you often wonder what to wear? Today’s fashion houses, magazines, blogs and the media are of course, always eager to help you—or to confuse you even more—with their latest offerings. The fashion industry may influence you to dress, not up, but down. All thanks but no thanks to high-powered advertising, tv role models, peers, indecent celebrities, and also the craving for identity. Fashion has become a broader and more expressive tool of identity. Everyone want to identify with a particular kind of dresssing whether it create a bad image. I guest they dont bother. These days majority dress in manner that dispaly the care-less attitude. ''Power dressing'' is what some call it. ''Dressing to attack'', they want to stand out.
This dress to kill fashion have find their way into the churches too. Some of the more fashion conscious especially the female folks have even used their church to show off their latest inappropriate outfits.
Before you wear that outfit, do ask yourself questions like; if my clothing is appropriate? Does it give out confusing or even wrong signals about me?
What we wear is essentially a matter of personal choice. Our individual tastes vary, as do our financial resources. And customs vary from place to place, from country to country, and from one climatic region to another. But whatever your situation, bear in mind that people will address you the way you dress. It also determines who will be drawn to you. Dress like a LovePeddler and wolf-like men will come calling after you. Why advertise what you don't want to sell? Some menswear is now so tight fitting that they often carry handbags to make up for the lack of pocket space in their close-fitting garments; a style that reflect fashion of gays. Rebellious hair and sagging of trousiers all in the name of swag.
Your clothes talk to others—and tell them about you.Your dressing either smother your personality nor insult it. The matter of morality is involved with clothing. Clothing styles reflect the attitude and morals of the generation. Everywhere there is a breakdown of morals.
I am seeing a society that is producing men and women who have totally disregard moral values. I see a society where even pre-teens girls will follow same trend wearing exposing and revealing clothes. Any wonder today why young ones have fallen prey to sexual predators. A society that promotes nudity of the highest level through the ever thriving entertainment and fashion industries will continue to influence the way people dress. Too bad that we have thrown off all moral restraint.
Source: http://naijaverified..com

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hand Made Beads (pearled Up) / Get Paid! Get Paid!! Get Paid!!! / Are You A Model Or An Aspiring Model?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.