Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,407 members, 7,812,202 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

The ASUU Diaries And Nigeria Universities - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The ASUU Diaries And Nigeria Universities (606 Views)

Nigeria Universities With Standard Teaching Hospitals / Vice-chancellors Of Nigeria Universities (photos) / Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The ASUU Diaries And Nigeria Universities by yinkdj1(m): 12:28am On Aug 27, 2013
1) The ASUU Diaries
N100bn was provided for addressing the infrastructural deficits of the Nigerian Universities by donor agencies and big companies with an interest in tackling the Educational sector crisis. This money is to be used to commence projects in about 61 Universities (hopefully your University is among) starting early September, at least says the Federal Government. This leaves the unresolved issue of N87bn for payment of earned allowances for Universities' staff. From the initial stance of "we-aint-got-no-money-cuz-recurrent-expenditure-on-a-national-scale-has-increased-chopping-the-budget", the Federal Government is now offering N30bn (wonder where that money magically appeared from). ASUU looked at the offered N30bn and said 'SWERVE!!' because the balance of N57bn hasn't been promised when it would be paid. (Who else thinks ASUU is like a runz girl asking FG the maga for money and they negotiating? Only me? I feel so alonesad So till F.G. (the maga) drops a better offer, ASUU still gonna strike (no kpansh from runz girl). By the way, NBA(not the basketball body..the law body -_-) have urged ASUU (let me just say here that ASUU and ALUU sound and look alike, they should rebrand :|) not to suspend their strike till they get all they demand so they won't commence another strike again.

read more via http://alariwo.net/990/
Re: The ASUU Diaries And Nigeria Universities by ucluiz: 6:31am On Aug 27, 2013
I'm I d ist to comment?
Re: The ASUU Diaries And Nigeria Universities by yinkdj1(m): 7:41am On Aug 27, 2013
welcome to naija, where what matters are not attended to
Re: The ASUU Diaries And Nigeria Universities by Gpius(m): 8:26am On Aug 27, 2013
3rd to comment i don dey improve next na 1st position i go chop,,mak una clap 4 me cos is nt easy 2 tak a 3rd positn in an int'l competition lyk this one.....bt seriosly am always @ d bck of ASUU cos govt can pay ASUU wat eva to mak our educatn luk good...nw sha mak we go do smtn b4 ASUU return or else we would be wasting our tym.
Re: The ASUU Diaries And Nigeria Universities by lekbel09(m): 8:52am On Aug 28, 2013
is this how u guys are jus gona stay there lamenting it seems lyk you are all ready 2 stay at hom for 2yrs.the solution is a mass protest by students.aluta continua
Re: The ASUU Diaries And Nigeria Universities by yinkdj1(m): 10:05am On Aug 29, 2013
yesso, somebody suggested that in a press conference held in unilag last week tho....buh isnt it obvious we Nigerians are jes afraid? even student leaders arent saying anything....
of which aside dat, what is ASUU itself doing to involve other unions? at least thatd make the fg see the seriousness in the strike...

(1) (Reply)

Osun State College Of Education Student... Let Meet Here / Nigerian Studemts Gives FG And ASUU 7 Days Ultimatum To Call Off Strike / Mtn Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.