Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,939 members, 7,952,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:40 AM

We Igbo's Are Not Smart - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / We Igbo's Are Not Smart (788 Views)

Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! / Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews / I’m Sure, Igbo Are Descendants Of The Jews -noam Katz, Israeli Envoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Igbo's Are Not Smart by fnep2smooth(m): 12:58am On Aug 27, 2013
The world is full of people with different motive and aim, tribes and religion, good and bad but to mention some few, which the Igbo's falls into these categories. Most people believe that Igbo's are the smartest tribe in Nigeria or beyond because they can DECEIVE, CONVINCE, OUT-SMART YOU or PLAY WITH YOUR INTELLIGENCE in a way you won't imagine. But the truth is, i don't think they are smart with the way things are happening around them, which are: Dis-unity, Ego, Pride, Selfishness and Greed. With all this problem mention and when you look into the ways WE IGBO'S do or act , you will notice them all.

I remember when i went to apply for four (4) month industrial training at ABUJA. I went straight to the office of a zone co- coordinator which happens to be AN IGBO, to present my letter. To my greatest surprise he never check the letter but starts complaining about how to accept me (HIS BROTHER) because i was posted to his office from the headquarter. I was so disappointed in him. The Igbo's keep saying that THE HAUSA'S AND THE YORUBA'S are dominating them in every public offices and also the private sector, so after my experience of what i went through, i now know why it happens to be so.

Firstly, an Hausa or Yoruba man cannot do without his brothers, irrespective of which state they are from but as long as you can speak their language you will be there friend and also be trusted, but an Igbo man can never try such, from the day he knows that you are an Igbo he will start thinking that you will over throne him or something else which has never cross your mind. Secondly, the Igbo's never shows unity among themselves, that’s why other tribes use these loopholes to out-smart us in government or any other competition what so ever.

A Yoruba man or a Hausa man believes in co-operation, they believes in helping their fellow brothers even when you are not from there tribe but as long as you can speak their language, you has automatic becomes there friend. This is what makes them to dominate every public or private office through the method of "MY BROTHER". An Igbo man can never put his fellow brother in a position that he believes he will be more famous, rich or be over him in the future time, some people who did will be regretting it in one way or the other, which is cause by out of JEALOUSY, ENVYNESS AND GREED.

That’s why you can never see an Igbo man to be co-operative with is fellow brother in their place of work, my question is WHY? Why must all this happen in this time we all need each other to grow? an Igbo man believes in money, so my question is, HOW WOULD YOU SAY YOU ARE WEALTH, WHEN YOUR BROTHERS ARE UNEMPLOYED WHILE YOU ARE THE HEAD OF A HUGE DEPARTMENT? Why won't the other tribe dominate us when we care - less of our brothers, there is a proverb that says that "WHEN ONE FINGER IS RUBBED WITH PALM OIL, THE REST OF THE FINGER WILL BE AFFECTED" which means if you are lucky to be in a particular position, the fame or wealth should spread to your fellow brothers. So the earlier we start change our ways and the bad disease that is eaten WE IGBO'S UP, that’s when we will start getting SMART.

sources http://shevooo..com/2013/08/we-igbos-are-not-smart.html
Re: We Igbo's Are Not Smart by Minorsegment: 11:36pm On Aug 28, 2013
The major problem we Igbos are facing is DISUNITY.. I'm from Umuezeani, a community in Ameke Village which is in Ngwo Town in Enugu state.. It happened that the biggest Brewery in Africa is located in my area but the financial aids given to us, the community, by the Ama Brewery management r just dealt with by a little group of people in the community, neglecting the poor masses.. The Enugu State Government I think have been so reluctant in tackling the case once and for all.... The truth is that We r always greedy, jealous, envious, deceptive n wicked.... It's high time we opened our eyes and learnt to be ONE..

(1) (Reply)

What If Women Pays The Dowry In Nigeria As Practiced In India??? / Abortion & Condom: The Gruesomeness In The Later / Fulaman Get In Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.