Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,022 members, 7,838,569 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) (26150 Views)

Calabar Carnival 2015: Live Update With Photos / Man Turns Attraction At Lagos Carnival (photo) / Port Harcourt Carnival Pictures 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by omo9ja1(m): 10:06pm On Aug 27, 2013
me too smiley

Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by omo9ja1(m): 10:07pm On Aug 27, 2013
another

Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by omo9ja1(m): 10:09pm On Aug 27, 2013
9ja corner @ notting Hill

1 Like

Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 27, 2013
Wtf is this? angry

Kailis where you at ?

Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by knightsamsong(m): 10:39pm On Aug 27, 2013
calabar carnival is beta...mtschwwwww
Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by Nobody: 10:58pm On Aug 27, 2013
^^^Why are you primitive Nigerians so freaking lousy and silly?

Comparing a village parade where they import Brazilians to a carnival that was actually organised by Caribbeans and South Americans, nah?

Someone needs to sanctify the obtuse minds of you psychotic Nigerian yokels!!

All you pricks ever do is hate on everything, pathetic souls! undecided

3 Likes

Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by Nobody: 11:58pm On Aug 27, 2013
awesome thread shymmex. smiley smiley
I never knew the west indian community in the UK rep like that. smiley

1 Like

Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by Abrantie: 12:49am On Aug 28, 2013
What's this? Diaspora Nigerians copying Caribbean culture? Those pics are so un-Nigerian... Shame!
Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by BloodyMitch(f): 3:34am On Aug 28, 2013
the naija stand was rubbish as usual
Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by Katsumoto: 4:52am On Aug 28, 2013
Ishsoph: If this is all you've got then by all means its dry and I agree with you it aint worth ones time. Seriously Cross Rivers/Rivers States Carnivals is richer Custume-wise, crowd, events and fun.

You can't judge based on just these pictures, and no, you can't compare your Calabar carnival to the biggest street Carnival in the world in anything.

1 Like

Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by Katsumoto: 4:56am On Aug 28, 2013
Yield: Looks boring. Even the costumes are just blah. undecided

Canada's caribana is much better. #1 cool cool

But not bad sha. undecided

No its not. The Caribana is a much smaller carnival. It runs on just one main road; The Notting Hill Carnival runs over many streets. Runs all the way from the West End all the way to Ladbroke Grove in the West of London.

1 Like

Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by Katsumoto: 5:06am On Aug 28, 2013
[quote author=shymexx]^^^Why are you primitive Nigerians so freaking lousy and silly?

Comparing a village parade where they import Brazilians to a carnival that was actually organised by Caribbeans and South Americans, nah?

Correct

Calabar carnival is better, carnival is better. shocked shocked shocked

Who freaking goes to Calabar carnival? Nigerians like to hate too much on what they haven't experienced.

If they list the best carnivals in the world, Calabar wouldn't make it. The Notting hill carnival is only beaten by the carnivals in Rio, Salavador (both in Brazil), Port of Spain (Trini) and Mardi Gras.
Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by lekkie073(m): 8:31am On Aug 28, 2013
Hayjaycity: For those that condemn the camera phone /picture the OP posted. You are all bunch of fools, someone comes here to share in pictures an event some of U will never experience before U die, all U did is to complain about d camera. Typical Nigerian Idats!!
so if they dont experience it before they die, heaven no go open gate for them? ode angry

1 Like

Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by erico2k2(m): 9:14am On Aug 28, 2013
odua son: iphone 5 is a big deal to you,if not u wont be mentioning it on the thread,so spare me the balderash,for ur myiopic mind anyone that asks you why the camera of your phone is so blurred,u term the person poor, then u must be a fool.
guy you free the man ah.whats ur problem must you display ur inability to own a smart phone on here? .U dey fall ur hand.iphone5 is foc here if you got a gd credit reting here its not a big deal.how U supose the Op to take fotos and post em same time if not with his iphone?make e use digital cam and go home to hook it on his lappy abi? Kini big deal.9ja and thier matiralistic state of mind .fyi.if you put on 1m watch nobody send you here
Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by erico2k2(m): 9:16am On Aug 28, 2013
lekkie073:
so if they dont experience it before they die, heaven no go open gate for them? ode angry
E go open but dem nor go know how E be grin
Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 28, 2013
Nice thread!!! Even though its former glory has faded, Notting Hill Carnival is still live if you join in the fun and not wait for it to come to you grin

I got hijacked to some beach in Kent(like 1 month advance-warning kmt), but my family went. I swear everyone goes together but ends up flying solo, they all returned alone with dead phone batteries. My cousin still has no voice this morning and her bf is still limping from his intense "wok-out" hahaha. My mum got crushed while being nosy in some rap/mc corner- said she had to bop with the crowd to wiggle outta there lmao. My aunt spotted my grandad who never misses a carnival but never tries to pair up with anybody. My brothers go to draw girls *rolls eyes*. It's fun! But food is a bit... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Next year, I'm aiming to reach the Steelband Panorama; the unsung talent show for steelbands smiley.
Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by oduason: 10:06am On Aug 28, 2013
shymexx: ^^^Why are you primitive Nigerians so freaking lousy and silly?

Coming from a self acclaimed nigerian boy,pathetic:/:/

1 Like

Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by oduason: 10:09am On Aug 28, 2013
erico2k2:
guy you free the man ah.whats ur problem must you display ur inability to own a smart phone on here? .U dey fall ur hand.iphone5 is foc here if you got a gd credit reting here its not a big deal.how U supose the Op to take fotos and post em same time if not with his iphone?make e use digital cam and go home to hook it on his lappy abi? Kini big deal.9ja and thier matiralistic state of mind .fyi.if you put on 1m watch nobody send you here
Please write in english,i dont understand the gibberish u wrote up there.
Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by lekkie073(m): 11:42am On Aug 28, 2013
erico2k2:
Just d same way nobody on nairaland here gives a Bleep about ur credit rating bumkum angry
Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 28, 2013
Edit: nm

-Shymexx, I'm not hatin'. Love and appreciate the pictures. Thanks for sharing smiley tongue.
Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by corrall(f): 1:06pm On Aug 28, 2013
Dis looks like calabar carnival na. In Bleep cally own berrer pass sef.
Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by corrall(f): 1:07pm On Aug 28, 2013
Dis looks like calabar carnival na. In fact cally own berrer pass sef.
Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by Inoknowbook: 5:10pm On Aug 28, 2013
Nothing to see here. Too dull, not my type. I can swear that Argungu Festival/Carnival in Kaduna is much more better. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by oyinmio: 8:47pm On Aug 28, 2013
james_ibor: Guy abeg next time try use better camera.
typical Nigerian, no single word of encouragement.
Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by erico2k2(m): 9:17pm On Aug 28, 2013
odua son: Please write in english,i dont understand the gibberish u wrote up there.
well I just drop warri slang for you .nah there I yan reach,if I begin speak English now you go say I dey show myself, ur MUMU get CV akpa like U.
Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by erico2k2(m): 9:27pm On Aug 28, 2013
lekkie073:
Just d same way nobody on nairaland here gives a Bleep about ur credit rating bumkum angry
Brov if you check the western world you will realize every is based on credit rating if not you cant even get credit for store card or mobile phone contract grin grin
Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 28, 2013
Cheg-goon:
See carnival..,to go carnival go hungry u...no be dis mumu carnival dem dey do for our country

Am sure you have not been to calabar carnival that is why you admire this dry zone called nothing hill. Smh...

Carnival belongs to Rio de Jainerio brazil and calabar, cross river. Google is your friend...
Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 28, 2013
shymexx: ^^^Why are you primitive Nigerians so freaking lousy and silly?

Guy, you are behaving like a kid on this your thread. What makes this better than calabar carnival? Or do you think that staying in UK makes you any better than your people back home reperesented on this forum whom you refer to as village champions I pity you. Maybe you seem not to know the advancements back home. I will like to host you on 2013 calabar carnival....

1 Like

Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 28, 2013
okpara ugo:
Guy, you are behaving like a kid on this your thread. What makes this better than calabar carnival? Or do you think that staying in UK makes you any better than your people back home reperesented on this forum whom you refer to as village champions I pity you. Maybe you seem not to know the advancements back home. I will like to host you on 2013 calabar carnival....

Comparing a Calabar village parade that probably started less than 5 years ago, to a carnival that has been an annual thing since 1966 shows how silly you lot are. The same Calabar village parade you lot struggled to post alright pictures for except the two or three Brazilian dancers you imported to grace it, no?

Yes, Calabar carnival is the best ever, just as Nigeria is the most advanced country in the world! Are you happy now? Arguing with some of you is like arguing with a darn table!undecided

2 Likes

Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by Nobody: 11:28pm On Aug 28, 2013
Yield: Edit: nm

-Shymexx, I'm not hatin'. Love and appreciate the pictures. Thanks for sharing smiley tongue.

I know you're not. tongue

You're family! wink

Check the thread about "doctors" in the romance section.
Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by lekkie073(m): 10:01am On Aug 29, 2013
shymexx:

Comparing a Calabar village parade that probably started less than 5 years ago, to a carnival that has been an annual thing since 1966 shows how silly you lot are. The same Calabar village parade you lot struggled to post alright pictures for except the two or three Brazilian dancers you imported to grace it, no?

Yes, Calabar carnival is the best ever, just as Nigeria is the most advanced country in the world! Are you happy now? Arguing with some of you is like arguing with a darn table!undecided
shut up ur mouth there angry
na ur type dey go neighbour house go chop food simply because ur parent no fit arrange something better angry angry wombiliki wombia!
Re: London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) by arabanibaba: 10:11am On Aug 29, 2013
this carnival thing is good but how we nigerians took it is also bad come to my home ikenne town and see our carnival during ereke day always first saturday of november no indecent dressing, you will clubs and age groups in their good attires not rags and u will love it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chanel Chin: Oluwo Of Iwo's Wife Beautiful In Adorable Photos / Alaafin Of Oyo Dances With His Oloris On His 51st Coronation Anniversary (video) / Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.