Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,042 members, 7,953,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:26 AM

A Spiritual War Is Raging - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Spiritual War Is Raging (961 Views)

3 Things To Do After A Spiritual Spouse Deliverance That A Pstor Won't Tell You / Christian South Should Engage In A Spiritual War Against The Jihadist. / How Can A Spiritual Problem Be Solved? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Spiritual War Is Raging by Emusan(m): 7:20am On Aug 28, 2013
I must admit that sometimes I wonder if the average christian really understands that there is a spiritual war raging around him—in his home, church, school—well, everywhere! The NT contains a lot of war terminology. I was particularly reminded of this passage in Ephesians:
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. ( Ephesians 6:12)

And then this instruction follows to make sure Christians are equipped for the battle:
Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. ( Ephesians 6:13–17)

It seems to me that many Christians are virtually asleep while a battle rages all around them. They go to church, send their kids to school, and come home and watch TV or whatever they like to do—all seemingly oblivious to a shocking and destructive war that is capturing them, many of their kids and grandkids for the enemy and is destroying the culture.

I am burdened by the thought that every Christian must understand they are all soldiers in a battle—and they all need to be at the front line and equipped to engage the enemy, who is set to drag them down and capture the coming generations of children.

Ken-Ham

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: A Spiritual War Is Raging by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:56am On Aug 28, 2013
I dont really enjoy anything in this thread. It just boring like lone in abyss......Let Obadiah handle this.....he knows how to remix and tiny the swaggy ginger.

This is not creationist theory.....hold to what belong to you. Shalom
Re: A Spiritual War Is Raging by Dygeasy(m): 8:25am On Aug 28, 2013
Who Exactly Are The Enemies?
Re: A Spiritual War Is Raging by RINE1: 9:08am On Aug 28, 2013
its not that we are not aware of the devices of the enermy its just that those who are supposed to keep us alert are clamouring for the tins of the world...we go church and places like ecclesiastics 12 : 13 & 14 and romans 8 :1 &2 and the likes are never preached.
@op...how then can we know more if we are never taught?, how will we learn if there is no body to teach or even preach?
#weeps#
the hose is prepared against the day of battle but victory is of the LORD!...its not of He tha willeth or runneth but of GOD that showeth mercy.
#chuckles#
na only God go help us.

2 Likes

Re: A Spiritual War Is Raging by PastorOluT(m): 9:35am On Aug 28, 2013
RINE.:
its not that we are not aware of the devices of the enermy its just that those who are supposed to keep us alert are clamouring for the tins of the world...we go church and places like ecclesiastics 12 : 13 & 14 and romans 8 :1 &2 and the likes are never preached.
@op...how then can we know more if we are never taught?, how will we learn if there is no body to teach or even preach?
#weeps#
the hose is prepared against the day of battle but victory is of the LORD!...its not of He tha willeth or runneth but of GOD that showeth mercy.
#chuckles#
na only God go help us.

Rightly said.
@ op I have the same burden of the nonchalant attitude of Christians despite the obvious fact, but I guess its an individual race n those that are enlightened should do the best they can in teaching the truth.

1 Like

Re: A Spiritual War Is Raging by tpia5: 1:25pm On Aug 28, 2013
Good one, @ op.

You are very right.
Re: A Spiritual War Is Raging by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 30, 2013
The way to be doubly conscious of this battle is to be consciously be at rest in His finished work. This agitates the devil and his cohorts.

1 Like

Re: A Spiritual War Is Raging by mumumugu(m): 4:41pm On Aug 30, 2013
The truth is we no little about physical word not to talk of the spiritual world.
Re: A Spiritual War Is Raging by luluosas(m): 6:26pm On Aug 30, 2013
The Christian life is in a constant battle between the Spirit and the flesh Galatians 5:17. The earlier we Christians realise that the devil don't want us to live a godly life each day Romans 7:19, and strive very well by the grace of God to overcome him and his evil works of flesh Galatians 5:19-21, the better for us.
Remember, the weapons we (Christians) war with are able to pull down every strongholds of the devil 2 Corinthians 10:3-5, provided you are in line with the word of God in total obedience Psalms 119:11, as this will wall off every intending intruder wanting to bite Ecclesiastes 10:8.
May the Almighty God give us all, the grace to serve him to the end in Jesus name. God bless you all.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Latest News On Nairaland / 'MOG' Caught On Tape Buying Drugs. / Music Producer ID Cabasa Ordained A Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.