Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,711 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Would You Accept Or Reject '419' Number Plate? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Would You Accept Or Reject '419' Number Plate? (11027 Views)

How To Check If Your Number Plate Is Fake / Checkout The Number Plate Of This Car Found In Lagos (photo) / Would You Accept Or Reject "666" Plate Number? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Accept Or Reject '419' Number Plate? by Kslib(m): 4:42pm On Aug 29, 2013
chookudi: @eddiebruk, dnt worry..I'v got it...
Omo,dis your own na wahala ooo..
Not only is "419" written on your plate number,but "GUY" was also used to give it a finishing touch.. Lol
All izz well!
Re: Would You Accept Or Reject '419' Number Plate? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 29, 2013

Wow thanks sir...this was the exact pic i was talking about
Re: Would You Accept Or Reject '419' Number Plate? by phemmy88(m): 4:43pm On Aug 29, 2013
nyankpa: What is 'plate number'? I only know of number plate. U may need correct it before i comment

Okay sir. We'll appreciate if you correct your sentence too.
Re: Would You Accept Or Reject '419' Number Plate? by ichommy(m): 4:43pm On Aug 29, 2013
And so wat? Number is number, Ikena, if they gave porshe wit 419 number, you will reject it?
Re: Would You Accept Or Reject '419' Number Plate? by tayo4ng(m): 4:45pm On Aug 29, 2013
if u ask me....na who I go ask
Re: Would You Accept Or Reject '419' Number Plate? by jesuseun1(m): 4:45pm On Aug 29, 2013
my plate number is 419,

i dont see anything wrong with that. putting on a black shirt does not mean u have a black heart or u a devil.and putting on a white shirt does not mean u are an angel

d number 419 only is associated to dubious person in Nigeria.Outside Nigeria 419 is just another number
Re: Would You Accept Or Reject '419' Number Plate? by cardoctor(m): 4:46pm On Aug 29, 2013
The one with 666 worries me the most. I won't even board a cab with that number.

Sometime ago, a customer came to my workshop with a black Cadillac Escalade with a 666 number. As soon as I noticed the number, I began to check if he had two horns popping out of his head.

Very funny but its all superstitious.

Car-Doctor.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Accept Or Reject '419' Number Plate? by moscobabs(m): 4:52pm On Aug 29, 2013
phemmy88:

Hehehehehehehehe........like seriously ...? I swear I Cant do business wit u Oooh ...Lolz

Just kidding
Then u will loose millions of Naira bi dat
Re: Would You Accept Or Reject '419' Number Plate? by Sike(m): 5:00pm On Aug 29, 2013
Ofcourse YES! I'll Accept.
Re: Would You Accept Or Reject '419' Number Plate? by EdidemOluomo: 5:05pm On Aug 29, 2013
[quote author=Ikenna351]

Well, if you say so.

Forgive me, but i still dey reason am o! Hehehe!

Of course, its just an unfortunate number one should understand. But mana..

Ikenna[/qu

Ikenna,it's not an unfortunate number bro! It's just a number.
Re: Would You Accept Or Reject '419' Number Plate? by FiftyFifty(m): 5:06pm On Aug 29, 2013
To my mind thereā€˜s nothing in it, though it may cause unnecessary attention. Did I issue d number plate to myself? Certainly no.

Just as I dey see am.
Re: Would You Accept Or Reject '419' Number Plate? by phemmy88(m): 5:06pm On Aug 29, 2013
moscobabs:
Then u will loose millions of Naira bi dat

Lolzz..... alternative go DEY now....
Re: Would You Accept Or Reject '419' Number Plate? by olenyi: 5:13pm On Aug 29, 2013
What of cabs/mass transit buses with fleet number 419 or 666? Won't u enter those? Do u check number plates before u enter?
Re: Would You Accept Or Reject '419' Number Plate? by 3ace(m): 5:25pm On Aug 29, 2013
On a lighter mood, I will accept it cos it's amusing. I love humour and things that can make me laugh are always acceptable to me. But one shortcoming using such number could have is that some people might coin the number "419" and make it your nickname. And ofcourse, no one will appreciate such as nickname. Imagine someone calling you "419" in the midst of a crowd. It will surely be embarrassing.
Re: Would You Accept Or Reject '419' Number Plate? by Efikman(m): 5:33pm On Aug 29, 2013
ACCEPT!!!!
Re: Would You Accept Or Reject '419' Number Plate? by gratiaeo(m): 5:45pm On Aug 29, 2013
End time tinz
Re: Would You Accept Or Reject '419' Number Plate? by Haywhy90: 5:46pm On Aug 29, 2013
Yes i can use it (419) there is nothing wrong with it.Moreso i have a cousin that is using AE 419 ... She is a PHCN accountant and it does not affected her in any way.
Re: Would You Accept Or Reject '419' Number Plate? by drdams: 5:52pm On Aug 29, 2013
I luv d attention it will create..
A frends state code in nysc camp was 419, she was a popular Jingo!!!

Hahahahah
Re: Would You Accept Or Reject '419' Number Plate? by Beaf1: 6:00pm On Aug 29, 2013
eddiebruk: I have seen someones plate number 419 GUY, i will be able to show you the pic next week when i am able to get hold of the phone were i saved the photo.

^
That will be GUYUK L.G. in Adamawa State. But mehn that is some irresponsible guy. cheesy

One of my cars has 519.

IF THIS GUY'S NAME IS 'TIJJANI' OR 'TUNJI' then he must be investigated ASAP grin

Re: Would You Accept Or Reject '419' Number Plate? by teeawaii(f): 6:02pm On Aug 29, 2013
Lol,wld probably have managed d "419",bt with d addition of GUY,its a No No smiley
Re: Would You Accept Or Reject '419' Number Plate? by ceysaga: 6:05pm On Aug 29, 2013
Oga moderator you don come again grin
Me I no go accept that kind number ooo because I know say my office people go turn am to my name. And for dis naija wey be say if you laugh, for road, u are suspect talk of parading that kind number. However go easy for woman to use am cos people go think say no be her own, say na her oga or boyfriend get am.
Kpomkwem.
Re: Would You Accept Or Reject '419' Number Plate? by pek(m): 6:35pm On Aug 29, 2013
I would gladly pick 419 myself! it is like getting a customized number plate for free.
Re: Would You Accept Or Reject '419' Number Plate? by smartg(m): 6:41pm On Aug 29, 2013
If i receive such plate number i will just go and sell the car, that's all. And better purchase a smaller car with a better plate number, cos a Good name is better than sacrifice and 'your plate number represents you.

1 Like

Re: Would You Accept Or Reject '419' Number Plate? by albacete(m): 7:02pm On Aug 29, 2013
the shorter the number of digits, the better. something like 44 wink

but who go notice d number sef if ur car na d one wey mechanic dey call "carton"?
Re: Would You Accept Or Reject '419' Number Plate? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 29, 2013
we nigerians just love putting meanings to silly stuffs! I give up!
Re: Would You Accept Or Reject '419' Number Plate? by Ikenna351(m): 7:09pm On Aug 29, 2013
smartg :
If i receive such plate number i will just go and sell the car, that's all. And better purchase a smaller car with a better plate number, cos a Good name is better than sacrifice and 'your plate number represents you.

Unfortunately, it won't solve your problem. Why? Because the number plate is registered to your name, your driver's licence. It has become yours permanently. Even if you want to sell your car at any point, you have to remove the number plate and sell the car without number plate. You can then register your newly purchased car with it. If you sell the car with it and the car is involved in a crime, you will be the first suspect, since your driver's licence details will pop up when the number plate is searched in their database.

I think the only thing you can do is to reapply for a new number plate for that vehicle again, so that you can keep the "419" plate in your house without mounting it on the car, if it's allowed though.

As for what you said about "your number plate represents you", it kind of made sense to me. My Baby's number plate is "505". Yes, a Peugeot 505 with "505" number plate. From remarks and comments i get each time i go out with it, it tells them a lot about the car owner, me. For example, someone has walked up to me and asked "You own this car?" I answered, "Yes". He then said, "You must be a hard-die Lion freak then". Of course, he was absolutely right.

Ikenna.

1 Like

Re: Would You Accept Or Reject '419' Number Plate? by Stevosty: 7:10pm On Aug 29, 2013
I saw a car with a plate no 419 yesterday at the NNPC station, Sango, buying fuel.
Re: Would You Accept Or Reject '419' Number Plate? by Akaraiwe(m): 7:12pm On Aug 29, 2013
My new car Na "419" my second car wet I replace Na "420" . I choose am sef. I like wahala,I want see seton want happen sef.
Re: Would You Accept Or Reject '419' Number Plate? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 29, 2013

lol

i remember seeing a 419 plate number in church when I was little
Re: Would You Accept Or Reject '419' Number Plate? by SeyiGodspower: 7:48pm On Aug 29, 2013
It doesn't mean anything. People will just look at it and laugh. Nobody will read any meaning to it and it doesn't have any effect on your personality. Rather, your car will just be a source of amusement and laughter for people.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best Route: Owerri To Abuja Road Trip / How good is Fuel Injector Cleaners? / Mercedes-AMG And Cigarette Racing Unveil N722m Hypercar-Inspired Racing Boat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.