Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

I Almost End Up As Prostitute - Mercy Johnson - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Almost End Up As Prostitute - Mercy Johnson (2180 Views)

Mercy Johnson And Her Kids Play In The Snow(photo) / Mercy Johnson Is Wanted By Nigerian Police / Mystery As Prostitute Dies After Threat By Police Corporal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Almost End Up As Prostitute - Mercy Johnson by angelcj: 3:40pm On Aug 29, 2013
Mercy Johnson Okojie turned 29 years yesterday, the 28th of August 2013 and here is a message from the mother of one to her fans...

Today, I thought of many things I would love to have as birthday gifts and the many dreams I am still pursuing. In all of this I'm not losing sight of the fact that if not for God I might have ended up on the street like the many kids and young adults begging for food and some prostituting to make ends meet. If we know the circumstances that force some of these people on the street, we would spare a thought for them. I am where I am today purely by the grace of God and the grace of people who believed in me from the word go.

Recently, I was at the Boys Reform Home, Oregun, Lagos, the discussion I had with the principal Mr. Kotun and much later with the Special Adviser in charge of allremand homes in Lagos set me thinking about the boys and girls on the street. They have dreams too. Can they fulfill those dreams on the street? The answer will likely be no; because I won't be where I am today if I ended up on the street.

For this reason, Mercy Johnson Foundation will be doing a lot to get kids off the street. We are not asking people for money or donation, I will do all I can with the resources God has given me, and with the support of my husband to help get these kids off the street and set them on the path where they can begin to pursue their dreams. I want to plead with people, fans, friends and colleagues to spare a thought for the children on the street. We can begin by educating people around us, parents, the children and people in charge of children (Oga-house help relationship, teacher-student relationship, and others) on the need to treat every child like the future of Nigeria depends on it. And truth be told, our future will not be all that enjoyable if we let the scourge of 'street-children' fester. By then, the rich will begin to cry. I learnt Lagos State Government has 11 homes where most children picked from the streets are kept, reformed and reunited with their families after counseling
That is an initiative Mercy Johnson Foundation will be supporting and beyond that we will be going to different states to help spread the message-Get kids off the street, save the future. From tomorrow, I will begin to replay some of the lessons I learnt at the boys' reform home and we all can contribute to getting the kids off the street.

I am grateful to everyone that has sent in a birthday message, tweet and gifts. Thank you and God bless you.
Mercy Johnson Okojie
source http://revealzone..com/2013/08/i-almost-end-up-as-prostitute-mercy.html#more

Re: I Almost End Up As Prostitute - Mercy Johnson by JohnFrankling(m): 3:46pm On Aug 29, 2013
Ok,we don hear
Re: I Almost End Up As Prostitute - Mercy Johnson by bloglover(m): 3:55pm On Aug 29, 2013
Thats kinda touching..God bless u for ur concern 4 d less priviledged(dats if its genuinely coming 4rm ur heart oh)
Re: I Almost End Up As Prostitute - Mercy Johnson by desgiezd(m): 5:33pm On Aug 29, 2013
[quote author=angelcj]
If we know the circumstances that force some of these people on the street, we would spare a thought for them.

I want to plead with people, fans, friends and colleagues to spare a thought for the children on the street. And truth be told, our future will not be all that enjoyable if we let the scourge of 'street-children' fester. By then, the rich will begin to cry.

This is one lady I love so much, not for her natural beauty or for her fame nor for her wealth but for her love for humanity especially the street kids and her frank reflection on her past and her efforts in ensuring that kids do not trudge the ignoble way.

Kudos, Mercy !!!
Re: I Almost End Up As Prostitute - Mercy Johnson by Abaniwealth(f): 6:12pm On Aug 29, 2013
If others wil think like u mercy,NIG would be beta.KUDOS TO U MERCY.may God continue to bless nd prosper u nd ur family.i wish other yeyebrities wil follow ur footstep..
Re: I Almost End Up As Prostitute - Mercy Johnson by Popowaa: 6:56pm On Aug 29, 2013
I have to comment or else
Re: I Almost End Up As Prostitute - Mercy Johnson by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 29, 2013
Shes really living up to her name.merciful mercy.
Re: I Almost End Up As Prostitute - Mercy Johnson by whytangel(f): 3:11pm On Aug 30, 2013
Kudos!
Re: I Almost End Up As Prostitute - Mercy Johnson by ritajohnson: 4:30pm On Aug 30, 2013
bloglover: Thats kinda touching..God bless u for ur concern 4 d less priviledged(dats if its genuinely coming 4rm ur heart oh)

Ofcourse it is. She is not a politician promising jst for votes. She is a nice person.

(1) (Reply)

Beyonce Shares Stunning Photo Shoots / Woman Spent 5.6 Million To Look Like Her Idol, Kim Kardashian(pictures) / Yvonne Okoro verbally Slaps Iyanya For Breaking Yvonne Nelson's Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.