Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,371 members, 7,822,745 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Webdesign Softwares - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Webdesign Softwares (1617 Views)

How To I Get Motivation To Practice Webdesign ? / GENESIS FRAMEWORK+THEMES, WORDPRESS/WEB DEVELOPMENT VIDEO TRAINING & SOFTWARES / Urgently Need A Very Good Webdesign With A Good Knowledge In Wordpress,sql (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Webdesign Softwares by amusan(m): 8:31pm On Jun 12, 2008
Its getting complicated this day to design with some of the web design packages we have around.
But i dont worry about all those complicated softwares again cos i now have a easy to use,copy and paste,pick and drop web design software i use. if you also want to be like me you can contact me. i will teach you how to use the software and also install the original version of the software for you.
trust me you'll believe it when you see it.

Amusan daniels
masterminder001@fastermail.com
Re: Webdesign Softwares by yawatide(f): 8:37pm On Jun 12, 2008
where all else fails, nothing beats almighty NotePad. Tis the foundation from which all other WYSIWYGs flow.
Re: Webdesign Softwares by amusan(m): 8:18pm On Jun 13, 2008
You are very correct yawatide but we hav to put fun in designing website and not worrying with the html codes.
Re: Webdesign Softwares by yawatide(f): 8:29pm On Jun 13, 2008
well as i said, "where all else fails" as in when you are in a situation where you have no access to those wizz bang WYSIWYGs, you can always trust old, rusty, out of touch, out of date, notepad.
Re: Webdesign Softwares by uspry1(f): 9:12pm On Jun 13, 2008
Popular Web design softwares that are freeware at below: (non-Adobe Dreamweaver or non-Microsoft FrontPage)

CoffeeCup HTML - http://www.coffeecup.com/free-editor/

Chami HTML-kit - http://www.chami.com/html-kit/

Bluefish - http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/

More freeware HTML (web design) editor software link at below:

http://www.google.com/Top/Computers/Software/Freeware/Editors/HTML/
Re: Webdesign Softwares by amusan(m): 9:56pm On Jun 15, 2008
yeah coffeecup is good. Do you really much about it, cos i dont use the html version
can you tell about that?
Re: Webdesign Softwares by OmniPotens(m): 4:52pm On Jun 16, 2008
For me, I prefer Macromedia Dreamweaver but I must tell you, Notepad is still the boom.
Re: Webdesign Softwares by uspry1(f): 9:40pm On Jun 16, 2008
For me, I use both Dreamweaver, Chami HTML-Kit, and Notepad all the time for 8 years so far.

For Dreamweaver, I use MySQL connection hook up and reusable-ready scripts over and over.

For Chami-HTML-Kit, i use HTML/XML Validator checking any errors and any hard-to-find script parsers/wrappers/extensions that Dreamweaver does not have. (i have not update old Dreamweaver MX version 6 to new one Dreamweaver CS3 or CS4).

For NotePad, I use someone else's computer system that does not have Dreamweaver or Chami HTML-Kit installed on their system accessing my remote web hosting server with FTP login system I know how to upload/download files via internet browser. (without FTP software)
Re: Webdesign Softwares by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jun 21, 2008
well i see loads of applause for notepad, is it not the same notepad on my windows start>>run>>notepad

if it is, i dont know what features attract you,

for me, i think dreamweaver has more, code coloring, syntax error highlighting and more,

for me, i use notepad only when i dont have dreamweaver around
and its the same as working directly on the server right from the browser(like filemanager area of cpanel)

but when you need to save a phone number while receiving a call and no pen nearby, i think notepad beats dreamweaver. lol. grin grin grin
Re: Webdesign Softwares by yawatide(f): 5:50pm On Jun 21, 2008
@webdezzi
Yeah, notepad to me is what the four-figure table was to me back in my secondary school days. Regardless, sometimes in life, you have to appreciate history so that you know from whence you came and where you are going.
Re: Webdesign Softwares by SamMilla1(m): 7:27pm On Jun 21, 2008
NotePad is outdated.
Its good for beginners.
But there more advanced softwares out there.
Re: Webdesign Softwares by amusan(m): 8:35pm On Jun 21, 2008
I personally think that every software is good, depending on who is using it and what you are using it for. i just dont find it funny when am coding. i think i like "What you see is what you get" softwares.
Re: Webdesign Softwares by yawatide(f): 11:59am On Jun 22, 2008
@SAM_MILLA
I beg to differ when you say notepad is for beginners. How many beginners would know the full attributes of a table tag call (as in border, cellpadding, cellspacing, etc)?

A beginner is probably better off using some WYSIWYG. However, as they progress, they should be familiar with what is "under the hood". That is where either the code view of a WYSIWYG or notepad comes in.

I strongly advocate notepad if you really want to know what is going on. Having said that, IMHO, I think a beginner will have more trouble on their hands if they immediately start with notepad assuming they have no idea about HTML and its workings.

As I have said above, notepad being a raw and bare bones text editor, should be used as a last resort. So for example, you need to put up something real quick but you aren't at your computer and the one you have access to is your friend's and they don't have a WYSIWYG. Via notepad, you can quickly make a change without having to wait for days just because you don't have your favorite WYSIWYG.
Re: Webdesign Softwares by amusan(m): 7:43am On Jun 23, 2008
You are very correct yawatide you spoke very proffessionally. but i dont understand why you advocate so much for notepad. i think you should get compensated for that. cool. Just let us know why you advocating for notepad.
Re: Webdesign Softwares by fransois2(m): 11:11am On Jun 23, 2008
I say the best way to go about it is to get your hands "dirty" by learning how to use code, believe me it will save you in days of trouble.
grin
Re: Webdesign Softwares by Mustay(m): 11:14am On Jun 23, 2008
amusan:

You are very correct yawatide you spoke very proffessionally. but i don't understand why you advocate so much for notepad. i think you should get compensated for that. cool. Just let us know why you advocating for notepad.

yeah
Re: Webdesign Softwares by yawatide(f): 11:53am On Jun 23, 2008
@amusan
yeah, you would think Gates paid me to do this right? tongue

Anyways, I advocate notepad because it is how I got introduced to the game 10 years ago. Back then, that is all you had. Also, back in the day, I had discovered that the best way to get a job as a coder was to tell the interviewer that your favorite WYSIWYG was notepad. You should have seen their pupils dilating at the mention of it.

Oh well, I hereby resign my advocation of notepad. All I am saying is if you are learning, as someone else has rightfully pointed out, get your hands dirty. Even if you use DW, just make sure you use the code view and not the design view.

Better? cool
Re: Webdesign Softwares by A2J(m): 12:29pm On Jun 23, 2008
nothing conpares to the power of dreamweaver cs3
Re: Webdesign Softwares by Mustay(m): 2:11pm On Jun 23, 2008
yawa

some people learnt how to type using the keyboard.

today, the pc has taken over grin wink
Re: Webdesign Softwares by yawatide(f): 2:37pm On Jun 23, 2008
@Mustay
Don't you mean typewriter? I guess you are too young to remember that tongue
Re: Webdesign Softwares by Mustay(m): 5:12pm On Jun 23, 2008
yeah.

I nefa tell u say I be sweet 13
grin grin grin

Agbalagbi, olodos like us prefer Dreamweaver tongue
Re: Webdesign Softwares by amusan(m): 6:57am On Jun 24, 2008
Old things are good, but new things are better. because new things are the latest development of old things.
that is, dreamweaver is as a result of development from notepad.
But guys i have an idea lets visit site that are designed with notepad and also with dreamweaver or any other WYSIWYG
then we can be sure which is better. so start posting ur favourite site and we will visit.
Re: Webdesign Softwares by yawatide(f): 12:02pm On Jun 24, 2008
@amusan
That proposition doesn't make sense to me. First off, you "develop" sites and not "design", Naija lingo aside. You can design a site via DW because it has Design view. In notepad, you can develop a site, via the code itself.

My point is: If I type "<table><tr><td>stuff here</td></tr></table>" in both DW and notepad, the outcome will be the same. However, if I "draw" a table in DW, I couldn't replicate that in notepad.

Folks, I am not saying we should code exclusively in notepad. All I am saying is, even if you know DW very well, it doesn't hurt to know the underlying code peradventure you find yourself in a situation where you have no access to DW or any other WYSIWYG. Take me for example, 2 situations come to mind:

1) I have been coding for close to 10 years now. I started off with notepad. I then migrated to HomeSite. I have never used DW in my life however, since I know how to code "raw", if I am at a place that has no WYSIWYG or has another one like TextPad, IntelliJ, etc, I can still get my work done.

2) I was at a friend's house when it dawned on me that I needed to make a change to a site I was working on. Rather than postpone it till I got home, I borrowed her laptop, logged on to my web host, opened up the file via my web host, and made my changes. If I were a DW baby, I wouldn't have been able to do that.
Re: Webdesign Softwares by kehers(m): 4:33pm On Jun 24, 2008
Come whatever, knowing the basic HTML codes is still the best way to web design. Really I dont believe HTML is that hard to be seen as something that shouldnt be embrassed by beginners. In the long run, you will need it, even if you are going the DW, frontpage way, knowing HTML still saves u a heck of headache,
I used Notepad as a beginner but now, it is EditPlus. EditPlus has a lotta interesting features that rocks for develpment. Undoing to the start, syntax coloring, file auto backup, line numbering, regexp searching to mention just a few.
Re: Webdesign Softwares by Webbullion(m): 3:35am On Jun 27, 2008
There are quite a number of web software, but i have tested and use many until i settled for wpm (Web Page Maker) i have hosted more than 21 Websites . for more information visit www.ionuwa.com
Re: Webdesign Softwares by tomaagy(m): 8:41am On Jun 28, 2008
Hi all, yeah I support Yawa (even though I dont know why she calls herself that)

Notepad is the mother of all WYSIWYG design stuff, personally I combine dreamweaver, frontpage (which is a cousin to Notepad) and Web Expression, I've been in situations where after using a WYSIWYG software i had to return to the real code to amend some things ,

Yeah you could be right to say it's because I dont know my way around those other softwares but really that could be true cos I learnt all of them in my room,

But at any time Notepad is like DOS if you don't know wat u're doing U're done,, believe me staring at a blinking insertion point can be frustrating, It's one of the reason i'm as good as I am today years back I had a stupid experience wit insertion point,

(Checked out the blue gate looks more like LINUX coding to me)
Re: Webdesign Softwares by adfabb(m): 8:49pm On Jul 07, 2008
i normally use notepad and i find it more easy to use for unlike some of the other what u see is what u get software.
i like them too.
Re: Webdesign Softwares by OmniPotens(m): 9:09pm On Jul 07, 2008
I thought we were already done with this. Notepad, no matter how old it is, no matter how you may understand it, is still the best as far as this is concerned.
Re: Webdesign Softwares by dgratrock: 2:55am On Jul 08, 2008
i envy you guys. the way you talk about this stuff makes me pity meself. i ve tried many times using both manual frontpage notepad, manuals from renowned gurus and i'm still here wihout my own designed site. i gonna hold on to ya necks on my sweet Nairaland till i meet and overtake ya guys
Re: Webdesign Softwares by brownbonno(m): 3:15am On Jul 08, 2008
dgratrock,

Get a Dreamweaver CS3 for about £350-400 or a student version for £80 and you will be fine with a some practices.If you can,get the Dreamweaver CS3:Missing manual by David McFarland it cost £20.
Re: Webdesign Softwares by OliviaNell: 8:33pm On Jun 27, 2021
The design is of great importance for the client, and directly affects whether he wants to place an order and in general, return to you. I read a great article about product page design principles here. It is important to understand how to implement this correctly

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Increase Traffic To My Website / What Is The Cost Of Designing A Website? / Become A Website Designer And It Expert In One Day.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.