Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,179 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

How To Choose A Web Hosting Company - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Choose A Web Hosting Company (776 Views)

How To Choose A Domain Name For Your Blog / How To Choose A Good Domain Name For Your Blog. / Any Reliable Coldfusion Hosting Company In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Choose A Web Hosting Company by cdeveloper(m): 3:17am On Jun 13, 2008
Sometimes it is often a hard thing to select a particular hosting company for your site; you get to see all kinds of services, cpanel,50 MySQL Databases or unlimited, PHP vs4 or vs5, Debian or windows OS, the list is so much that you get confused if you do not take your time to review  and compare other web hosting companies. I have seen web hosting companies with a face price as little as $4.95/Month and this looked great to you because you are likely to pay for one year hosting service which will cost you roughly $60. Now Imagine after you upload your site and there was a problem that is not likely to be from your codes  and you complain to them and the refer you to their tech guys who will tell you to give then 24hours to fix what ever problem it is only for that 24hours to turn in to eternity. It is not a good feeling at all, especially when your site should have commenced its purpose.
Against this back drop i did some findings on the things that a web hosting company should have on ground before you consider hosting with then. There are basically 7 things to checkout in a hosting company before you think of having then as you host company. This is particularly for those of us that host on LAMP (Linux Apache MySQL and PHP). i have written an article on this and you can read about it in my blog  www.krisama..com . I hope it will help newbie webmaster on there way to hosting their first site live on the world wide web
Re: How To Choose A Web Hosting Company by ZUBY77(m): 1:55pm On Jun 15, 2008
Nice speech cdeveloper.
I use one host company (siteground) for all mine and so far,
their Sevices has been excellent.
They are not Based in Nigeria though,
So getting them to host you requires paypal or credit card.
Which poses a little problem for we Nigerians.

FREE domain name
750 GB web space
7500 GB traffic
99.9% server uptime
24/7 top customer care
FREE SiteBuilder (save $99!)
Unlimited email accounts
CPanel and Fantastico

you can get to them through this site. click on this link, look at the bottom of the website and you will see the siteground banner.LINK
Re: How To Choose A Web Hosting Company by nagathi: 1:40pm On May 20, 2011
Thanks for sharing,
Recently i got the web hosting here http://www.xnynz.com/ at cheap cost,
Re: How To Choose A Web Hosting Company by Taiwopublishing(m): 5:47pm On Oct 15, 2012
I use www.swifthostplus.com and l have never have a problem with them. The best of it is that they are affordable.
Re: How To Choose A Web Hosting Company by testify1: 1:13pm On Apr 21, 2013
Taiwopublishing: I use www.swifthostplus.com and l have never have a problem with them. The best of it is that they are affordable.
dont buy any kind of info product from this taiwo publish guy.he doesnt have knowledge or knw a thing about what he sells.he is disgracing info marketing cos all he does is copy and paste and send to ur email.will not even download any of is product if offer to even payme to download it.u need to learn and set and standard,stop copy and pasting outdated material and spoilin market for genuine marketers for cryin out loud.ur product are worthless piece of junks especialy dat universal recharge software and dealers package i wil not even dash out in shame.very worthles junk u called product and likewise oda of ur junks.what a pity if any 1 wud buy ur product cos it wud b a waste of hard earned money

(1) (Reply)

Help! Help! Help! Help! Help! How Can I Upload This Website? / Anybody Seen The Latest Google Invention? / 7 Steps To Identify Scammers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.