Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

‘Black Jesus’ Cult Leader Hacked To Death - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ‘Black Jesus’ Cult Leader Hacked To Death (30901 Views)

I Take Responsibility For The Killing Of 34 Colleagues: Ex-Cult Leader (picture) / Final Year Student Hacked To Death By His Hausa Security Guard (Graphic Pic) / Cult Leader Killed And Stomach Ripped Open At Bariga, Lagos (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘Black Jesus’ Cult Leader Hacked To Death by osaseyeishere(m): 1:03am On Aug 31, 2013
[img]http://1.bp..com/-17C3_F12m7M/UiEv6OkMZGI/AAAAAAAAOKU/IIZsVgqCUn0/s1600/456789=-k0=-=n08976780.jpg[/img]

An infamous cult leader known as "Black Jesus", who was suspected of cannibalism, has been chopped to death in a remote Papua New Guinea village, reports said.

Steven Tari, a convicted rapist, had been on the run since escaping from a prison in Madang in the Pacific nation's east during a mass break-out with 48 others in March this year.

Sylvester Kalaut, the Madang police chief, said on Friday that Tari and one of his followers were killed at a village about 20km outside Madang on Thursday as they were attacking a young woman.

"He is now dead and this could be the fate of the others who are also on the run from authorities and I am warning and strongly urging those escapees to surrender themselves to authorities," Kalaut told the PNG Post-Courier.

Tari, a failed Lutheran pastor who was widely known as Black Jesus, was found guilty in 2010 of raping girls who belonged to his Christian-based sect and sentenced to up to 10 years.

At the time, he had thousands of village followers, including a core of armed warriors to protect him, in what is commonly referred to in PNG as a "cargo cult".

As part of his "culture ministry", he preached that young girls were to be "married" to him as it was God's prophecy.

Kalaut said the woman Tari was in the process of attacking was "a flower girl tricked into joining the cult", adding that angry villagers had surrounded him and his companion and killed them.

His death follows that of a young high-school girl about a week ago, a murder alleged to have been carried out by Tari.

When he was captured in 2007, there were widespread allegations that his cult also practised cannibalism and sacrificial blood rituals, but police only charged him with rape.

PNG is a sprawling nation where black magic, sorcery and cannibalism sometimes occur.

Last year, police arrested dozens of people linked to an alleged cannibal cult accused of killing at least seven people, eating their brains raw and making soup from their joysticks.
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia-pacific/2013/08/201383153016709924.html
Sources:BBC, http://osaseye..com/2013/08/black-jesus-captured-and-killed.html#.UiFdKjaTjYs

1 Like

Re: ‘Black Jesus’ Cult Leader Hacked To Death by Oppypoppy: 3:07am On Aug 31, 2013
Dis gud news!
Re: ‘Black Jesus’ Cult Leader Hacked To Death by felipemadero(m): 9:50am On Aug 31, 2013
nawa o
Re: ‘Black Jesus’ Cult Leader Hacked To Death by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 31, 2013
Excuse me while I puke!!
embarassed
embarassed

4 Likes

Re: ‘Black Jesus’ Cult Leader Hacked To Death by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 31, 2013
Good for him
Re: ‘Black Jesus’ Cult Leader Hacked To Death by UKBobo(m): 8:33pm On Aug 31, 2013
The guy smiling in the baseball cap is from ALUU on Vigilante Studies secondment, paid for by the State government. shocked shocked

8 Likes

Re: ‘Black Jesus’ Cult Leader Hacked To Death by Iamcharlez(m): 8:34pm On Aug 31, 2013
Frnt page tinx.,

1 Like

Re: ‘Black Jesus’ Cult Leader Hacked To Death by venorite(m): 8:34pm On Aug 31, 2013
hmmm...thing dey happen ooo....PNG why na
Re: ‘Black Jesus’ Cult Leader Hacked To Death by adexsimply(m): 8:34pm On Aug 31, 2013
Skelewu..Skelewu...Lyka this..Lyka that...

*dances wobbly out of thread*
Re: ‘Black Jesus’ Cult Leader Hacked To Death by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 31, 2013
I DONT KNOW WHY.. BUT I LIKE THIS NEWS

3 Likes

PNG what?
End time tinz!

1 Like

Re: ‘Black Jesus’ Cult Leader Hacked To Death by 50calibre(m): 8:35pm On Aug 31, 2013
Papua New Guinea is one of the most uncivilised places on earth, the place is an absolute jungle, most tribes there roam nak*ed, with men covering their co*ks with just a horn, they hunt with primitive weapons and live in shanties. That country is the closest you can get to the Stone Age today.

11 Likes

Re: ‘Black Jesus’ Cult Leader Hacked To Death by kwAzzIEkEEd(m): 8:35pm On Aug 31, 2013
Heeyyy!..i was supposed to be the 3rd to comment. No wahala sha..na small small..i must reach there.
BTW..things of end time.
I hope u know i don't mean ''end time things''

3 Likes

Re: ‘Black Jesus’ Cult Leader Hacked To Death by Jabioro: 8:35pm On Aug 31, 2013
Human eaters still dey fear dealt? Where is other bitch,let them b crush?
Re: ‘Black Jesus’ Cult Leader Hacked To Death by realone2012: 8:36pm On Aug 31, 2013
What's the moral of the story please? undecided
Re: ‘Black Jesus’ Cult Leader Hacked To Death by femliany(m): 8:36pm On Aug 31, 2013
all are illussion

1 Like

Re: ‘Black Jesus’ Cult Leader Hacked To Death by nukoduss: 8:36pm On Aug 31, 2013
Africa with Black mentality
BLack Jesus indeed
RIP jesus
Re: ‘Black Jesus’ Cult Leader Hacked To Death by Rexphobia(m): 8:37pm On Aug 31, 2013
I dey come
Re: ‘Black Jesus’ Cult Leader Hacked To Death by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 31, 2013
allumination
Re: ‘Black Jesus’ Cult Leader Hacked To Death by realone2012: 8:37pm On Aug 31, 2013
kwAzzIE kEEd: Pheew!..3rd to comment. Na small small..i must reach there.
BTW..things of end time.
I hope u know i don't mean ''end time things''
3rd to comment bawo? Wotz wrong with ur glasses? Abi u no sabi 1, 2, 3 again!
Re: ‘Black Jesus’ Cult Leader Hacked To Death by novakid(m): 8:38pm On Aug 31, 2013
Wonders shall never end
I guess now he can continue his "culture ministry" in hell

As part of his "culture ministry", he preached that young girls were to be "married" to him as it was God's prophecy
Re: ‘Black Jesus’ Cult Leader Hacked To Death by omanifrank(m): 8:38pm On Aug 31, 2013
na wa oh
Re: ‘Black Jesus’ Cult Leader Hacked To Death by Lilimax(f): 8:38pm On Aug 31, 2013
Never heard of him cos He is not popular on this part of the world. DAYUM!
Re: ‘Black Jesus’ Cult Leader Hacked To Death by Kslib(m): 8:40pm On Aug 31, 2013
We cannot categorically be sure if he's dead for sure..
Lets see what happens after the third day..
All izz well!

9 Likes

Re: ‘Black Jesus’ Cult Leader Hacked To Death by flowingstream: 8:41pm On Aug 31, 2013
Chai , dis devil deserve d death he got
Re: ‘Black Jesus’ Cult Leader Hacked To Death by nusirat(m): 8:42pm On Aug 31, 2013
At times jungle justice is Good, like this is a welCome development, for those who use reliGion to encourage evil may rotten in hell fire

1 Like

Re: ‘Black Jesus’ Cult Leader Hacked To Death by Maranzano(m): 8:42pm On Aug 31, 2013
Good riddance to bad rubbish.I hope his followers will retrace their steps before they meet their Waterloo.Those who lead others astray into cultism will surely pay for those gullible souls.
Re: ‘Black Jesus’ Cult Leader Hacked To Death by Saintsquare(m): 8:42pm On Aug 31, 2013
UK Bobo: The guy smiling in the baseball cap is from ALUU on Vigilante Studies secondment, paid for by the State government. shocked shocked
Your name should be funnyBobo,lol.
Re: ‘Black Jesus’ Cult Leader Hacked To Death by Ayorh4you(m): 8:43pm On Aug 31, 2013
opin aye ti de grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: ‘Black Jesus’ Cult Leader Hacked To Death by kennosklint(m): 8:43pm On Aug 31, 2013
na face b dat!
Re: ‘Black Jesus’ Cult Leader Hacked To Death by Lilimax(f): 8:44pm On Aug 31, 2013
realone2012: What's the moral of the story please? undecided
child molestation is against the law...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Rescue One Of Five Kidnapped RCCG Pastors / Ogun Okada Rider Stabs Tricyclist To Death Over Right Of Way / Policeman Attached To NNPC Owerri Kills A Man (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.