Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,440 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

How Long Does It Take For A Stockbroking Firm To Contact Someone? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How Long Does It Take For A Stockbroking Firm To Contact Someone? (862 Views)

Morgancapital Slashes Stockbroking Fees From 1.35% To 0.25% / List Of Undercapitalised Stockbroking Firms Suspended By Nse. / Rate: The Best Among The Nigerian Stockbroking Firms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Does It Take For A Stockbroking Firm To Contact Someone? by LaRochelle(f): 3:47pm On Aug 31, 2013
I've been thinking on this for a while now; and I decided to share with, rather ask from, you.
You worked for a company (let's say Company A), and the agreement was that you would be paid your money in shares. Fine, you did the work, and you earned the money in shares. A stockbroking firm (assuming Firm B) was assigned to you to help you in the purchase of your shares and its monitoring (in terms of dividends).
You went to Company A to fill the shareholding form, and you filled in the necessary details (like name, banker, c/acct no, CHS no, etc).
It's been over 6 months now and the stockbroking firm hasn't contacted you to tell you anything. The only thing you know is the name of the stockbroking firm. You've contacted the firm, and told them what's up; but they said the Firm B would soon contact you and send your details.
My father has received more than 3 interim dividends, and I haven't received any. My question is, how long does it take for a stockbroking firm to contact you after filling out the shareholding form?
Re: How Long Does It Take For A Stockbroking Firm To Contact Someone? by LaRochelle(f): 1:05am On Sep 18, 2013
Like seriously?? Nobody in the entire investment section has an idea to the answer to my question?? This section surely leaves much to be desired. No wonder topics from this section hardly make frontpage.
Re: How Long Does It Take For A Stockbroking Firm To Contact Someone? by gistme24(m): 5:22pm On Dec 02, 2013
I do believe it is odd that you were not contacted , at the very least, to be told the status of your account for that long. But has the firm been in touch ever since ?
Re: How Long Does It Take For A Stockbroking Firm To Contact Someone? by LaRochelle(f): 11:14pm On Dec 02, 2013
Nope. I found out from the company that I did the "work" for that the shares had been bought; but the stockbroking firm hasn't contacted me yet. Access bank declared interim dividends, mine wasn't sent. I'm still waiting to see if they would send me my final dividend when it's declared. If not...
Re: How Long Does It Take For A Stockbroking Firm To Contact Someone? by gistme24(m): 6:56am On Dec 03, 2013
When shares are bought, you are given a share certificate stating the amount of shares and some other information. So the company you did the "Work" for should have provided that. You have no business with any stockbroking firm except when their is a need for the shares to be traded. Something does not add up here.
Do you have any claim of ownership for the shares ?
Re: How Long Does It Take For A Stockbroking Firm To Contact Someone? by LaRochelle(f): 9:59am On Dec 03, 2013
If you call that A4 paper that states the name of the firm, my name, units and value of shares share certificate, then I have it. I had to go and collect it from the company.

A previous similar situation has happened and the stockbroking firm (another one) contacted me directly. I didn't need to go to the company to collect anything.

As Access bank declared interim dividends and I didn't get mine, do I have a right to complain?
Re: How Long Does It Take For A Stockbroking Firm To Contact Someone? by megainvest: 12:19pm On Dec 03, 2013
I think you should ask your stockbroker to get you a cscs account so u can monitor your shares by yourself online. That way, u won't need to be in the dark about the happenings on ur own shares.
Re: How Long Does It Take For A Stockbroking Firm To Contact Someone? by LaRochelle(f): 9:24am On Dec 04, 2013
Hi. I already have a CSCS a/c, well two. Calyx gave me one in 2008. APT (the firm I've been referring to) opened one for me in 2012. Is it normal to have two? How can I monitor my CSCS a/c online? Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

The 10 Million Naira Dream / Dangote Partners Blackstone To Improve Gas Supply / Furnished Shop@Comp Village Next To SLOT(TV,SplitAc,Officespace,Showglass)@3m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.