Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,488 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

What National Open University Is All About - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What National Open University Is All About (587 Views)

Walden University Is On My Neck. / National Open University Of Nigeria 2011/2012 / Which Federal University is the cheapest in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What National Open University Is All About by miniziter(m): 5:22am On Sep 01, 2013
I was told they don't write post UTME, no thorough screening, easy -to-get admission and that it's meant for the aged. If all these is true, why is it that people have not been seeking for admission there (like other university). Please can anyone enlighten me.
Re: What National Open University Is All About by segiwest(m): 6:51am On Sep 01, 2013
I would call it 'fear of the unknown'. The system is very different from our circular schools where you see your lectures and course mates on a daily basis. People tend to lik the school environment where you meet people.
NOUN is 'work and learn'. It is flexible and stress free unlike the harassment you would face at other schools. You should go to the centres and be amazed to see lots of people studying at the school.
A trial would convince you. I'm a student there as well.
Re: What National Open University Is All About by Joyeux: 7:27am On Sep 01, 2013
miniziter: I was told they don't write post UTME, no thorough screening, easy -to-get admission and that it's meant for the aged. If all these is true, why is it that people have not been seeking for admission there (like other university). Please can anyone enlighten me.
i disagree with you.The school is not meant for the aged.
Re: What National Open University Is All About by planetuzor(m): 8:44am On Sep 01, 2013
They don't write jamb? So how do they admit and do they accept direct entry?
Re: What National Open University Is All About by miniziter(m): 9:58pm On Sep 01, 2013
@ segiwest, please tell me How the work and pay system work?

(1) (Reply)

Latest Universities Rankings / A Thread For Microbiology Students And Those Aspiring To Be One. / Unn Candidates!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.