Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,176 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

Interesting Opportunity To Gain Valuable Tech Skills On A Scholarship In Nigeria - Certification And Training Adverts - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Certification And Training Adverts / Interesting Opportunity To Gain Valuable Tech Skills On A Scholarship In Nigeria (849 Views)

Scholarship In Practical Ict/telecoms Training Academy December 2015 Promo / Acelerate Your Career With A Scholarship To Study In Uk,usa,canada Or Ireland / Skills On "steroids" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interesting Opportunity To Gain Valuable Tech Skills On A Scholarship In Nigeria by irohadis: 4:03am On Sep 02, 2013
5 Positions: CTI Software Development Scholarship

www.cti.ng

The Centre for Technology Innovation (CTI) is calling for applications for its software development trainee positions. The program is full time, free and for 12 months.

The CTI, currently located in Lagos, Nigeria, deploys open online learning resources in a curated community of learners, around centralised infrastructure, to train software engineers. The Centre prefers an interdisciplinary approach that combines learning in the liberal arts with core computer programing modules, rooted deeply in practice based learning. CTI aims to train engineers who can write good code, in addition to developing valuable critical thinking skills and an appreciation of the consequences of technological innovation in a developing world context.

The program is for 12 months starting in October 2013. Accepted candidates receive a monthly stipend starting at N15,000 for the first three months and going up to N60,000 in later months of the program. Also included are free lunch, computing facilities, free high speed internet, access to books, learning resources and hands-on direction and support from practicing software engineers and academics with broad international experience. Students who successfully finish the program come out with valuable software development and critical thinking skills that guarantees a job at Circuit Atlantic Ltd or other technology companies. The best performer will be awarded a CTI Fellowship for one year.

The ideal candidate is a highly motivated individual who possess the discipline to conduct independent scholarship, a natural ability to think creatively and strong disposition toward building things.

Minimum Qualifications:

1. No software development experience required.
2. Evidence of prior independent initiatives.
3. First class or very high 2.1 in Maths, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science and Fine and Applied Arts. Applications from other disciplines may be considered where the applicant presents a very compelling case for consideration.
4. Must live in or be willing to relocate to Lagos for the duration of the program.
5. Completed NYSC.

For more information please visit our website at www.cti.ng.

To apply, please send the following to apply@cti.ng:
1. A single page application letter stating in the most compelling way you can, why CTI should accept you into the program.
2. Your CV

If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be required to present:

3. Letters of recommendation from 2 of your lecturers or professors.
4. Transcripts for at least 3 years of your university education.
Re: Interesting Opportunity To Gain Valuable Tech Skills On A Scholarship In Nigeria by dljbd1(m): 10:55pm On Sep 17, 2013
I just got a call from them some hours ago. Still doing reach on the firm but I discovered after googling the company name no result showed. Whats up with that? Google doesn't have an info about them angry
Re: Interesting Opportunity To Gain Valuable Tech Skills On A Scholarship In Nigeria by irohadis: 10:56am On Sep 18, 2013
dl_jbd: I just got a call from them some hours ago. Still doing reach on the firm but I discovered after googling the company name no result showed. Whats up with that? Google doesn't have an info about them angry

Are you sure with this level of problem solving ability you can compete favourably for this opportunity?
Re: Interesting Opportunity To Gain Valuable Tech Skills On A Scholarship In Nigeria by dljbd1(m): 4:08pm On Sep 19, 2013
irohadis:

Are you sure with this level of problem solving ability you can compete favourably for this opportunity?
I'm sorry if my statement is offensive but I don't think its wrong of me researching the company where I hope to be a part of. Since I knew how to browse I've always known that whenever one googles a company name or anything for that matter it displays it. Now I know there are ways to block google's access to one's details but I don't think a company as yours would want to do such cause of-course you're a company looking to advertise yourself. I just expected to get more info about you guys on google than to just rely on your website alone.
Re: Interesting Opportunity To Gain Valuable Tech Skills On A Scholarship In Nigeria by irohadis: 4:32pm On Sep 19, 2013
dl_jbd:
I'm sorry if my statement is offensive but I don't think its wrong of me researching the company where I hope to be a part of. Since I knew how to browse I've always known that whenever one googles a company name or anything for that matter it displays it. Now I know there are ways to block google's access to one's details but I don't think a company as yours would want to do such cause of-course you're a company looking to advertise yourself. I just expected to get more info about you guys on google than to just rely on your website alone.

Ok you don't need to be sorry. You just need to probe and be sure of any opinion.
Problem solving 101: Looking for evidence of legitimacy where google returns little or no historically relevant results for "institution name"

1. Is it possible for an institution to be legitimate and yet less visible (yes) (No)
2. Yes with reasons (new institution, new web presence, etc.)
3. Ask different set of questions
a. Names of people listed on primary archive
b. Names of institutions or projects listed on primary archive
4. Conduct secondary search on "3"
5. Observe for legitimating relationships and consistency across the data.
6. Now make conclusion.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Opportunity To Gain Valuable Tech Skills On A Scholarship In Nigeria by hmatrix: 11:15pm On Sep 14, 2014
irohadis: 5 Positions: CTI Software Development Scholarship

www.cti.ng

The Centre for Technology Innovation (CTI) is calling for applications for its software development trainee positions. The program is full time, free and for 12 months.

The CTI, currently located in Lagos, Nigeria, deploys open online learning resources in a curated community of learners, around centralised infrastructure, to train software engineers. The Centre prefers an interdisciplinary approach that combines learning in the liberal arts with core computer programing modules, rooted deeply in practice based learning. CTI aims to train engineers who can write good code, in addition to developing valuable critical thinking skills and an appreciation of the consequences of technological innovation in a developing world context.

The program is for 12 months starting in October 2013. Accepted candidates receive a monthly stipend starting at N15,000 for the first three months and going up to N60,000 in later months of the program. Also included are free lunch, computing facilities, free high speed internet, access to books, learning resources and hands-on direction and support from practicing software engineers and academics with broad international experience. Students who successfully finish the program come out with valuable software development and critical thinking skills that guarantees a job at Circuit Atlantic Ltd or other technology companies. The best performer will be awarded a CTI Fellowship for one year.

The ideal candidate is a highly motivated individual who possess the discipline to conduct independent scholarship, a natural ability to think creatively and strong disposition toward building things.

Minimum Qualifications:

1. No software development experience required.
2. Evidence of prior independent initiatives.
3. First class or very high 2.1 in Maths, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science and Fine and Applied Arts. Applications from other disciplines may be considered where the applicant presents a very compelling case for consideration.
4. Must live in or be willing to relocate to Lagos for the duration of the program.
5. Completed NYSC.

For more information please visit our website at www.cti.ng.

To apply, please send the following to apply@cti.ng:
1. A single page application letter stating in the most compelling way you can, why CTI should accept you into the program.
2. Your CV

If you are shortlisted for in
terview, you will be required to present:

3. Letters of recommendation from 2 of your lecturers or professors.
4. Transcripts for at least 3 years of your university education.

what is the fate of HND applicants, do they stand any chance?. You only mentioned first degree.

(1) (Reply)

LTE Radio Planning And Optimization Training / City And Guild / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.