Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,299 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Casket Seller ‘kidnaps’ Self, Demands N2m Ranson From Brothers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Casket Seller ‘kidnaps’ Self, Demands N2m Ranson From Brothers (1169 Views)

35-Year-Old Man Kidnaps Teenager In Lagos, Keeps Her As Sex Slave / Herbalist Kidnaps Girls In Calabar, Turns Them To Sex Slaves (pictured) / Gang Rapes Rev. Sister, Kidnaps 10 Rev. Fathers, Pastors In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Casket Seller ‘kidnaps’ Self, Demands N2m Ranson From Brothers by AngelicaDivine(f): 5:19am On Sep 02, 2013
ENUGU — Kidnapping for ransom which has remained the quickest means of making money among criminals within the South-East zone has taken a new dimension as some dubious people now hide under the evil practice to dupe their wealthy relations.

One Samuel Ani, a casket (coffin) dealer from Ugwuaji community in Enugu South Local Government Area of Enugu State was arrested by operatives of Anti-Kidnapping Unit of the Enugu State Police Command, weekend, for attempting to dupe his brothers of N2 million under the guise that he was abducted by kidnappers.

Ani, whose coffin shop is at Garki, Awkunanaw area of Enugu, allegedly hid himself in a bush behind his shop for six days and alerted his brothers that he was in a kidnappers’ den.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Ebere Amaraizu, who confirmed the arrest, yesterday, said the suspect “never knew that his sin shall find him.”

He said: “Samuel Ani hid himself in a bush behind his shop for six days from where he was making phone calls to his two younger brothers in a very convincing tone that he had been abducted and that N2 million was required to get him out of the kidnappers’ den or else he would be killed.

”Following this, the case was reported to the state police command who mobilised its anti-kidnapping unit to rescue the victim. When Samuel intensified his call that the purported kidnappers were on the verge of killing him if his people could not bring the ransom, he later reduced the ransom to N1.2 million.

“Some money was then deposited into the account number provided by the purported kidnappers and a certain girl who went to cash the initial N100,000 sent through one of the new generation banks around Agbani Road on August 29, 2013 was arrested by the operatives.

”The girl was identified as one Oluchi Faith Ogbu from Akpugo in Nkanu West Local Government Area of the state and a fiancee to Samuel Ani.

“When interrogated, Oluchi Faith Ogbu said that the account belongs to her but was instructed by Samuel to supply the account number so that his brothers can pay the ransom via the account and that she was to cash it as soon as she receives alert of the payment and bring it to him.”

The police spokesman said Oluchi’s confession, however, led to the arrest of Samuel, who said he was not kidnapped but maintained that he kidnapped himself so that his wealthy younger brothers could pay ransom which he would use to sort out his business dealings.

He said apart from the trick he adopted, nothing would make his brothers give him any monetary assistance even though he regretted his actions.

Ani admitted that the step he took was not good in the sight of God, man or law and pleaded for forgiveness.

He said he is a father of five children but never revealed to Oluchi that he was married as he had promised to marry her.

Asked if he was not making ends meet from the construction and sale of coffins, Ani said he made low sales, and that he decided to trick the brothers to get money from them to address his immediate challenges which required huge amount of money.

Amaraizu said Oluchi and Ani had been detained while investigations into the ugly incident had commenced.
http://infonigeria24.com/casket-seller-kidnaps-self-demands-n2m-ranson-from-brothers/

Re: Casket Seller ‘kidnaps’ Self, Demands N2m Ranson From Brothers by Akshow: 5:35am On Sep 02, 2013
Orisirisi dey happen o. Fake him own kidnap for money. Silly mumu lazy bone. Y must ur brother 'help' u. There is no harm in a sibling willingly helping anoda bt if they don't want to screw them. That is y u have two hands, legs, n eye. To work hard and fend for a living.
Re: Casket Seller ‘kidnaps’ Self, Demands N2m Ranson From Brothers by AdmYamamoto: 5:45am On Sep 02, 2013
Akshow: Orisirisi dey happen o. Fake him own kidnap for money. Silly mumu lazy bone. Y must ur brother 'help' u. There is no harm in a sibling willingly helping anoda bt if they don't want to screw them. That is y u have two hands, legs, n eye. To work hard and fend for a living.

LMAO! grin grin grin I thought these people said they are republicans, individualistic and all of them have enough money not to need anybody else?? Always lying to seem more important than they are!
Re: Casket Seller ‘kidnaps’ Self, Demands N2m Ranson From Brothers by yunglykmine(m): 5:49am On Sep 02, 2013
Hehe!! Mumu..
Wonders, they say shall never end.
Things we Nigerians do for money ehn!!
Re: Casket Seller ‘kidnaps’ Self, Demands N2m Ranson From Brothers by Nobody: 6:20am On Sep 02, 2013
he probably wants a taste of is products
Re: Casket Seller ‘kidnaps’ Self, Demands N2m Ranson From Brothers by segsxpendable(m): 6:57am On Sep 02, 2013
Dats how far an igbo guy can go jux 2 get money quick quick
Re: Casket Seller ‘kidnaps’ Self, Demands N2m Ranson From Brothers by Vanityupnvanity(m): 7:02am On Sep 02, 2013
shocked kidnapped self? Arrested?
Re: Casket Seller ‘kidnaps’ Self, Demands N2m Ranson From Brothers by eightsin(m): 7:21am On Sep 02, 2013
This is d height of foolishness and stupidity combined. Paid kidnap ransom into account? Wat was running thru their dull brains? It wnt b traced or wat? Dummies.
Re: Casket Seller ‘kidnaps’ Self, Demands N2m Ranson From Brothers by cashkid18(m): 9:09am On Sep 02, 2013

Re: Casket Seller ‘kidnaps’ Self, Demands N2m Ranson From Brothers by Danhumprey: 9:21am On Sep 02, 2013
End never shall wonder! I laugh in Chinese! So these is another dimension introduced in Kidnapping?

That one too easy na. Na to just go hide myself for jungle and start demanding my own ransom. grin
Re: Casket Seller ‘kidnaps’ Self, Demands N2m Ranson From Brothers by Enegito: 9:33am On Sep 02, 2013
Angelica Divine: ENUGU — Kidnapping for ransom which has remained the quickest means of making money among criminals within the South-East zone has taken a new dimension as some dubious people now hide under the evil practice to dupe their wealthy relations.

One Samuel Ani, a casket (coffin) dealer from Ugwuaji community in Enugu South Local Government Area of Enugu State was arrested by operatives of Anti-Kidnapping Unit of the Enugu State Police Command, weekend, for attempting to dupe his brothers of N2 million under the guise that he was abducted by kidnappers.

Ani, whose coffin shop is at Garki, Awkunanaw area of Enugu, allegedly hid himself in a bush behind his shop for six days and alerted his brothers that he was in a kidnappers’ den.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Ebere Amaraizu, who confirmed the arrest, yesterday, said the suspect “never knew that his sin shall find him.”

He said: “Samuel Ani hid himself in a bush behind his shop for six days from where he was making phone calls to his two younger brothers in a very convincing tone that he had been abducted and that N2 million was required to get him out of the kidnappers’ den or else he would be killed.

”Following this, the case was reported to the state police command who mobilised its anti-kidnapping unit to rescue the victim. When Samuel intensified his call that the purported kidnappers were on the verge of killing him if his people could not bring the ransom, he later reduced the ransom to N1.2 million.

“Some money was then deposited into the account number provided by the purported kidnappers and a certain girl who went to cash the initial N100,000 sent through one of the new generation banks around Agbani Road on August 29, 2013 was arrested by the operatives.

”The girl was identified as one Oluchi Faith Ogbu from Akpugo in Nkanu West Local Government Area of the state and a fiancee to Samuel Ani.

“When interrogated, Oluchi Faith Ogbu said that the account belongs to her but was instructed by Samuel to supply the account number so that his brothers can pay the ransom via the account and that she was to cash it as soon as she receives alert of the payment and bring it to him.”

The police spokesman said Oluchi’s confession, however, led to the arrest of Samuel, who said he was not kidnapped but maintained that he kidnapped himself so that his wealthy younger brothers could pay ransom which he would use to sort out his business dealings.

He said apart from the trick he adopted, nothing would make his brothers give him any monetary assistance even though he regretted his actions.

Ani admitted that the step he took was not good in the sight of God, man or law and pleaded for forgiveness.

He said he is a father of five children but never revealed to Oluchi that he was married as he had promised to marry her.

Asked if he was not making ends meet from the construction and sale of coffins, Ani said he made low sales, and that he decided to trick the brothers to get money from them to address his immediate challenges which required huge amount of money.

Amaraizu said Oluchi and Ani had been detained while investigations into the ugly incident had commenced.
http://infonigeria24.com/casket-seller-kidnaps-self-demands-n2m-ranson-from-brothers/
police and investigation all the time.waiting them go investigate here again.END TIME TINZ
Re: Casket Seller ‘kidnaps’ Self, Demands N2m Ranson From Brothers by Maidoki14(m): 9:41am On Sep 02, 2013
An what is d police trying to investigate again?
Re: Casket Seller ‘kidnaps’ Self, Demands N2m Ranson From Brothers by donguutti: 10:04am On Sep 02, 2013
Nwanna,you are a Kidnapping entrepreneur.no need to share the money wit the real kidnappers.but how will he appear in court-as kidnap victim or as kidnapper.or will he face a fraud count
Re: Casket Seller ‘kidnaps’ Self, Demands N2m Ranson From Brothers by Jakumo(m): 10:20am On Sep 02, 2013
Angelica Divine: ENUGU [size=15pt]Ani, whose coffin shop is at Garki, Awkunanaw area of Enugu, allegedly hid himself in a bush behind his shop for six days and alerted his brothers that he was in a kidnappers’ den.[/size]

When Samuel intensified his call that the purported kidnappers were on the verge of killing him if his people could not bring the ransom, he later reduced the ransom to N1.2 million.

"Nwannemm PLEASE, if you think 2 million is too much to pay for my life, then how much are you prepared to pay ? Just make me, ahem, I mean them an offer, so that they can be paid before they kill me."

"But Uncle Samuel, your phone number's signal is bouncing off cell-towers that enable the phone company to determine that your calls are coming from that thick bush behind your casket workshop, where you usually go with those orange-seller girls. Is that where the kidnappers are holding you ? The police are here with some very big dogs. Shall I instruct them to release the dogs into the bush behind your casket workshop ?"

" What ? Dogs ? Nwannemm, You say dogs ? Wait.. Since when did Enugu police start to use dogs to hunt for human beings, as though they are hunting for antelope ? No no no they must NOT release any dogs into any bush. What kind of nonsense is this ? Is is everything that the white man does that the black man must copy? Listen to me, it is an abomination for dogs to go anywhere near my casket workshop, including that bush. Do you hear me ? No dogs. Send the money to save my life NOW."

"Uncle Samuel why are you shouting on the phone now ? We are trying to save you right now as I am talking. As you are shouting on the phone, the police dogs are hearing somebody shouting inside the bush behind your casket workshop. The dogs are jumping up and down and pulling on their leashes to be released into the bush. There is plenty noise here now, Uncle Samuel, so I cannot hear you very well, even though you are shouting. What did you want me to tell the police ?

"I say NO DOGS must be released into the bush. You hear me ? NO DOGS must come, I mean go, to that bush. No no Bingo abeg, Bingo Nooooooo AAAAAAAaaaargh..."

2 Likes

Re: Casket Seller ‘kidnaps’ Self, Demands N2m Ranson From Brothers by ajasa4link: 10:31am On Sep 02, 2013
Jakumo:

"Nwannemm PLEASE, if you think 2 million is too much to pay for my life, then how much are you prepared to pay ? Just make me, ahem, I mean them an offer, so that they can be paid before they kill me."

"But Uncle Samuel, your phone number's signal is bouncing off cell-towers that enable the phone company to determine that your calls are coming from that thick bush behind your casket workshop, where you usually go with those orange-seller girls. Is that where the kidnappers are holding you ? The police are here with some very big dogs. Shall I instruct them to release the dogs into the bush behind your casket workshop ?"

" What ? Dogs ? Nwannemm, You say dogs ? Wait.. Since when did Enugu police start to use dogs to hunt for human beings, as though they are hunting for antelope ? No no no they must NOT release any dogs into any bush. What kind of nonsense is this ? Is is everything that the white man does that the black man must copy? Listen to me, it is an abomination for dogs to go anywhere near my casket workshop, including that bush. Do you hear me ? No dogs. Send the money to save my life NOW."

"Uncle Samuel why are you shouting on the phone now ? We are trying to save you right now as I am talking. As you are shouting on the phone, the police dogs are hearing somebody shouting inside the bush behind your casket workshop. The dogs are jumping up and down and pulling on their leashes to be released into the bush. There is plenty noise here now, Uncle Samuel, so I cannot hear you very well, even though you are shouting. What did you want me to tell the police ?

"I say NO DOGS must be released into the bush. You hear me ? NO DOGS must come, I mean go, to that bush. No no Bingo abeg, Bingo Nooooooo AAAAAAAaaaargh..."
hahahahaha...Bros u Don wound-jure me with laugh
Re: Casket Seller ‘kidnaps’ Self, Demands N2m Ranson From Brothers by ajasa4link: 10:41am On Sep 02, 2013
Wow! uncle Samuel is both the kidnapper and kidnappee... but lack of education sold him out,he could easily withdraw d 100k from ATM instead of sending his g.f... Now he just won a lottery of being prosecuted for extortion of money under false pretence. Congratulobia Oga sam
Re: Casket Seller ‘kidnaps’ Self, Demands N2m Ranson From Brothers by baynix(m): 11:00am On Sep 02, 2013
DAYUMMMMMMN!!! Just 2M?? Loser!! grin grin
Re: Casket Seller ‘kidnaps’ Self, Demands N2m Ranson From Brothers by OAM4J: 7:00pm On Sep 02, 2013

(1)

Mob Storm Prison, Kidnap Alleged Rapist, Drag Him Naked and Beat Him To Death / Rotten Bodies Evacuated From A Morgue In Cameroun (photos) / Graphic Pictures From Armed Robbery Incident In Edepie (PIX/VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.