Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,883 members, 7,817,602 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Why The Great Price Crash On BB Z10? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why The Great Price Crash On BB Z10? (2774 Views)

Whatsapp On BB Without BIS Using MTN Sim / Unlocking Trial Version Of Repligo Reader 2.1.0.1 On Bb / Price Crash Blackberry Bold 9700 For Xmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Great Price Crash On BB Z10? by SPIFF(m): 5:44am On Sep 03, 2013
I checked the price of BB Z10 on Jumia.com yesterday. I was astonished that it had crashed to NGN65k. Few months back it was in the range of 100-110k. About 40k difference. If you compare with Galaxy S4 released around same time, it didn't drop that low. What could be responsible for the price crash? Am very curious. What came to my mind are:
1. Maybe the OS isn't good enough
2. The unfavorable data plan from network provider
3. Nigeria are tired of BB.

Gurus, I need your contribution because I was still planning picking one before.
Re: Why The Great Price Crash On BB Z10? by bigtt76(f): 6:25am On Sep 03, 2013
Company going down. Likely to be sold off by next summer or winter. Handset is a closed liability unlike others.
Re: Why The Great Price Crash On BB Z10? by Nobody: 7:23am On Sep 03, 2013
Sign of end time for BlackBerry

1 Like

Re: Why The Great Price Crash On BB Z10? by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 03, 2013
These phone manufacturers are thieves!

N110K now to N65K

The N65K doesn't signify loses.. NO! It signifies the higher level of criminality placed on the initial price..

Why should a phone selling at the rate of N100K drop to a lower price?

Would the manufacturers return the N45K to the initial buyers?

These phone makers (esp samsung and BB) are fond of this s¡lly act..

I don't blame them anyway, I blame those who worship phones just becasue its 'expensive'

To them: The higher the money, The greater the phone..

7 Likes

Re: Why The Great Price Crash On BB Z10? by Nobody: 7:38am On Sep 03, 2013
acidosis™:

N110K now to N65K

The N65K doesn't signify loses.. NO! It signifies the higher level of criminality placed on the initial price..

I don't blame them anyway, I blame those who worship phones just becasue its 'expensive'

yes it is true.
Re: Why The Great Price Crash On BB Z10? by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 03, 2013
acidosis™:

N110K now to N65K

To them: The higher the money, The greater the phone

You were saying something good until the bolded

You're blaming one for spending his hard earned money on what he believes was worth it?

You're blaming one who couldn't wait for the price to crash to get his desired phone?

You're blaming one who never asked for your opinion to get a z10

chai, I no blame them,I blame poverty

6 Likes

Re: Why The Great Price Crash On BB Z10? by physise(m): 8:39am On Sep 03, 2013
acidosis™:

N110K now to N65K

bt I go still buy d samsung tongue

2 Likes

Re: Why The Great Price Crash On BB Z10? by ITbomb(m): 8:56am On Sep 03, 2013
Nothing beats Tecno

1 Like

Re: Why The Great Price Crash On BB Z10? by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 03, 2013
joeydozzy:

You were saying something good until the bolded

You're blaming one for spending his hard earned money on what he believes was worth it?

You're blaming one who couldn't wait for the price to crash to get his desired phone?

You're blaming one who never asked for your opinion to get a z10

chai, I no blame them,I blame poverty

Well maybe I was wrong for blaming the "die hard ignorant 'techie' folks" who believes a combination of metallic chips and tiny strips is worth N120,000.

...and to you Mr I-blame-poverty, you believe anyone who wouldn't splash his hard earn money on a N120,000 phone is poor?
I nor blame you sha, I blame the Alaba boys who wouldn't stop embarrasing this Nation with their imported sammy, BB used and re-used phones from u.s, uk, syria, kuwait, and even Togo..

Atleast majority of you die hard fans can belong..

I can bet anything on the fact that; 80% of sammy and BB users in Nigeria got their phones from a used retailer...

Poor Kids, who wouldn't wanna cut their clothes according to their sizes..
smh..

5 Likes

Re: Why The Great Price Crash On BB Z10? by physise(m): 9:25am On Sep 03, 2013
acidosis™:

Well maybe I was wrong for blaming the "die hard ignorant 'techie' folks" who believes a combination of metallic chips and tiny strips is worth N120,000.

...and to you Mr I-blame-poverty, you believe anyone who wouldn't splash his hard earn money on a N120,000 phone is poor?
I nor blame you sha, I blame the Alaba boys who wouldn't stop embarrasing this Nation with their imported sammy, BB used and re-used phones from u.s, uk, syria, kuwait, and even Togo..

I can bet anything on the fact that; 80% of sammy and BB users in Nigeria got their phones from a used retailer...

smh..
mr man stop derailing dis thread
Re: Why The Great Price Crash On BB Z10? by Francheezy(m): 9:28am On Sep 03, 2013
Passing by
Re: Why The Great Price Crash On BB Z10? by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 03, 2013
physise: bt I go still buy d samsung tongue

Brand New or 2nd Hand?

grin

Well, good for you..
I'm currently typing with a samsung phone, but I'm convinced of the fact that, the phone is not worth the price.
Re: Why The Great Price Crash On BB Z10? by physise(m): 9:32am On Sep 03, 2013
if dey buy htc or samsung wats ur business na deir money jeez all dis tecno fans self concentrate on d topic n stop derailing dis thread

1 Like

Re: Why The Great Price Crash On BB Z10? by physise(m): 9:33am On Sep 03, 2013
acidosis™:

Brand New or 2nd Hand?

grin

Well, good for you..
I'm currently typing with a samsung phone, but I'm convinced of the fact that, the phone is not worth the price.

I bought my fone brand new dnt have time for peeps like u
Re: Why The Great Price Crash On BB Z10? by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 03, 2013
physise: if dey buy htc or samsung wats ur business na deir money jeez all dis tecno fans self concentrate on d topic n stop derailing dis thread

So because I'm advocating for a fair price from samsung means I'm a tecno fan..

Well you may be right, I love fairness + quality... smiley
Re: Why The Great Price Crash On BB Z10? by physise(m): 9:43am On Sep 03, 2013
acidosis™:

So because I'm advocating for a fair price from samsung means I'm a tecno fan..

Well you may be right, I love fairness + quality... smiley
lol alright case closed
Re: Why The Great Price Crash On BB Z10? by Damojo: 9:53am On Sep 03, 2013
The phone is an over-rated Bold 5, buy it @ ur own risk!
Re: Why The Great Price Crash On BB Z10? by Coldblooded(m): 10:15am On Sep 03, 2013
According to some tech news reports, the Q10 has a very low sale rate and demand that some carriers in the US have stopped using the brand for their network cos of losses

BB should better switch to android or windows since the BB OS is not that open for developers...and they should also reduce the exorbitant prizes of their phones
Re: Why The Great Price Crash On BB Z10? by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 03, 2013
acidosis™:

Well maybe I was wrong for blaming the "die hard ignorant 'techie' folks" who believes a combination of metallic chips and tiny strips is worth N120,000

Ignorant? shocked shocked
Now I know you are putting blame on those techie folks for the phone you use

IPhone 5 is released at $1000 starting price, 3m people have preordered. Hell, even they wait and sleep in front of Apple HQ.

S3, s4 are released at $700 and 10m have preordered

These are the people that go for these phones cos they believe the phone is worth the price. Some even believe that they're underpriced
I can't remember them coming to Nl to ask for
Acidosis opinion

acidosis™:

I never said that
People have different views. You just pointed out the ones with #120 000 are foolish

acidosis™:

smh..

You do realize a used Sammy is more expensive than... let's say new Gionee, Xiaomi, ZTE, Tecno
What if they bought these new OEMS, what size of clothes are they cutting?
At least they bought the phone they wanted with cost limits unlike you
Like I said, I blame poverty

I'm out

2 Likes

Re: Why The Great Price Crash On BB Z10? by Austeenxx: 10:48am On Sep 03, 2013
Can you guess what I'm thinking?

END TIME TINZ.
Re: Why The Great Price Crash On BB Z10? by OCTAVO: 11:14am On Sep 03, 2013
Lolz... Nawa o. The price is still coming down to 20k and I won't still buy it at that price! grin

3 Likes

Re: Why The Great Price Crash On BB Z10? by kunlesehan(m): 12:07pm On Sep 03, 2013
pls how do I get my 45k back o?

1 Like

Re: Why The Great Price Crash On BB Z10? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 03, 2013
kunlesehan: pls how do I get my 45k back o?

Your cash don enter one chance grin grin
Re: Why The Great Price Crash On BB Z10? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 03, 2013
joeydozzy:

Ignorant? shocked shocked
Now I know you are putting blame on those techie folks for the phone you use

IPhone 5 is released at $1000 starting price, 3m people have preordered. Hell, even they wait and sleep in front of Apple HQ.

S3, s4 are released at $700 and 10m have preordered

These are the people that go for these phones cos they believe the phone is worth the price. Some even believe that they're underpriced
I can't remember them coming to Nl to ask for
Acidosis opinion

I never said that
People have different views. You just pointed out the ones with #120 000 are foolish

You do realize a used Sammy is more expensive than... let's say new Gionee, Xiaomi, ZTE, Tecno
What if they bought these new OEMS, what size of clothes are they cutting?
At least they bought the phone they wanted with cost limits unlike you
Like I said, I blame poverty

I'm out

I

Hear

You..
Re: Why The Great Price Crash On BB Z10? by Lordwize(m): 2:44pm On Sep 03, 2013
Guyz, apart from the price, hope the phone is up to the standard of 4.2
Re: Why The Great Price Crash On BB Z10? by Emrich(m): 8:44am On Sep 20, 2013
Acidosis, I like u, u are on point. Indeed the reduced price shows how much we are being robbed. Too bad they are still going to continue doing that bcoz of the likes that encourage it by buying them bcoz it shows how rich they are or want people to believe they are. Wish Xiaomi can bring their company to Nigeria and sell at the same price they sell in China.
Re: Why The Great Price Crash On BB Z10? by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 20, 2013
ACIDOSIS WAS MAKING SENSE, UNTIL HE STOPPED MAKING SENSE. ..I NO BLAME D GUY SHA I BLAME TECNO FOR ALL DIS CHEAP ASS NONSENSE...
Re: Why The Great Price Crash On BB Z10? by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 20, 2013
I've read carefully all comments buh not even one could tell d op y d prices of new fones are initially high...well let me make this clear. ...modern day devices are not sold based on d components that were uses to make it but. ..d prices are based on d new ideas. ..iinnovations and research works....guess u guys don't know d amount of money these companies spend to produce a new phone. ..the amount of research work. .and also d work hours spent until a particular product becomes a success. ..those who pay d initial money. ..help d company mk more profit as well as cover d cost of research n producprod of d first unit ...also technology is not just d bringing together of components to form a device. ..its rather the ideas...those who work for these companies are braniacs and are paid heavily. ..the problem with our people is that our people is semi primitive. ..we've not yet come to terms with the fact dt knowledge information rules d world. ..until we start rewarding knowledge immensely. ..we will still continue to think primitively..and act so...if u think the money or price tag of these phones are lugubriously high....tell me one company in the whole of ur country that can successfully produce the likes of galaxy note2, s3 s4 or the just announced note3...I'm tired of typing joor. ..nigeria never start
Re: Why The Great Price Crash On BB Z10? by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 20, 2013
Forgive d error ...I no get strength
Re: Why The Great Price Crash On BB Z10? by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 20, 2013
Forgive d mistakes ...I no get strength
Re: Why The Great Price Crash On BB Z10? by Youngpo413: 3:59pm On Sep 20, 2013
acidosis™:

smh..

funny but true.

(1) (Reply)

Infographic: 20 Craziest Questions People Ask Google / Glo Expands 4G Network To 16 More Locations Here In Nigeria / Magic Happened Today & I Still Don't Understand. My Phone Failed Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.