Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,007 members, 7,825,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

The New House - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The New House (540 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New House by fankasibe: 4:09pm On Sep 03, 2013
My name on dis Forum is Fankasibe (scatter) but my real name is Tayo and dis is my story.

My parents didn't believe us. In their minds, we were 12 and 9(my little sis). We had just moved into a new house that was "strange," or so at least that was the excuse they gave for all the noises at night and the cold drafts that would come from nowhere. I was determined to show them we were not imagining it. I may have been 12, but I knew what I had felt, and a settling (new environment) house could not be the cause for it.
For the next week, I stayed up as late as I could each night, determined that when I heard the sounds, I would wake up my parents and they could hear for themselves. My blanket was securely around me and my flashlight was in hand. My radio was on low. I found I couldn't handle complete silence, but the low radio gave me just enough background that I could still hear the creaks of the house. For 6 nights I waited, and for 6 nights there was nothing. No sounds, no cold drafts. I started to believe my parents may have been right. We had just moved in after all, and maybe it was just the house, and everything was explainable.
Re: The New House by fankasibe: 4:32pm On Sep 03, 2013
On the 7th night, I went to bed as normal (after being forced by my father to listen to the ever boring NTA network news). By 10pm, I was drifting in that space where you weren't completely awake, yet not totally asleep. As I was starting to dream,I heard the first thud. I jolted awake, my ears straining to hear it again. After a few minutes and no more sounds, I chalked it up to something that was possibly in my dream. As I drifted back to sleep, I was humming along to the top music hit that was popular at the time 'baby tani ko fewa shogbon oju n lon mowa' by lagbaja, again my mind wandering to school the next day.
I don't think I caught on right away, but as I started to listen again, I noticed my radio was no longer playing the song. The static was low and crackling. I reached over to adjust the radio, thinking it just came out of tune. As I turned the dial slow, trying to catch the radio station, I came across a station that was coming in faintly. I kept adjusting the dial, trying to clear the sound. As it started to come in I froze.
Re: The New House by fankasibe: 4:41pm On Sep 03, 2013
That's when I heard my name. Very soft and very faint, I made out the word "TAYO" which sounded like 'AYO'. My body wouldn't move. My breathing was so labored, I could barely hear the voice as it kept repeating my name. I scrambled to the end of the bed, my eyes darting from the radio, to all around the room. I wanted to scream for my parents, but I couldn't make a sound.
And as quickly as it started, it stopped. The radio, which had moments ago called to me in a soft manner, was now back to its regularly scheduled programming.
I waited a few minutes, heard still pounding. I needed to get to my parents. I know without hearing it, they would just say I was dreaming. But I needed their comforting presence. I slowly edged to the end of the bed, taking a hesitant step off the bed, touching the floor with a whisper of noise. I stood, slowly making my way towards the door, my eyes taking in the entire room, not really sure what I was looking for. I breathed a small sigh of relieve when my hand touched the door knob.
Re: The New House by fankasibe: 4:52pm On Sep 03, 2013
As I swung open the door I was frozen again, this time by a gust of cold air that chilled me to the bone. I was shivering before the gust even stopped. I started to turn, not being able to really help myself. Before I could get half way, a voice which seemed right next to me, loudly shouted "TAYOOOO Noooooooo!".
I dropped to my knees, my heart racing, my lungs not able to gain enough breath to scream. I closed my eyes and started to rock, trying to prepare myself for whatever was about to happen. At that point i was certain The New House was hunted.
Re: The New House by Chimaritoponcho: 5:12pm On Sep 03, 2013
my prediction:This story is going to be a 'big time' flop *no pun intended*
Re: The New House by fankasibe: 6:00pm On Sep 03, 2013
Chimaritoponcho: my prediction:This story is going to be a 'big time' flop *no pun intended*
thanks for reading, ur eyez no go blind, but watch-out.....u could be d next on d list.
Re: The New House by Ice4jez(m): 8:49am On Sep 04, 2013
Chimaritoponcho: my prediction:This story is going to be a 'big time' flop *no pun intended*
y pple no dey believe dis girl.first how u go start two stories at a time.that two stressful. And that how u do.but dat a good start

(1) (Reply)

Facebook Wahala / picture / Scribespad Featured On Linda Ikeji's Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.