Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,176 members, 7,811,435 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

I Need Your Help Asap - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / I Need Your Help Asap (998 Views)

Pls, Help, Asap.laptop Refuses To On / Mtn Is Killing Me, Someone Should Help Asap! / Need Help Asap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Help Asap by Naijalastborn(m): 5:16pm On Sep 03, 2013
please I have been having using with my laptop and the external disk drive.. it has been working fine since I bought but today, it has been giving me a lot of wahala.

when I connected it to my laptop it doesnt come up on my computer, I have tried to used other ports but yet not working..

after sometimes I opened the case and touch something it comes up and disappeared again. I dont even know what I touched but no I have touching and touching not even working.. its getting me mad..

Please Pc Guru help me out..
Re: I Need Your Help Asap by Adanyebe(m): 6:38pm On Sep 03, 2013
Please check device manager if it your device driver is properly installed.

Check weder you are using the right usb cable for your device.

Try to restart ur system.
Re: I Need Your Help Asap by Naijalastborn(m): 6:57pm On Sep 03, 2013
Adanyebe: Please check device manager if it your device driver is properly installed.

Check weder you are using the right usb cable for your device.

Try to restart ur system.
thanks for replying.. But my device is not even showing up in the Device manager. ;(
Re: I Need Your Help Asap by onegig(m): 10:47pm On Sep 03, 2013
Naija_lastborn: thanks for replying.. But my device is not even showing up in the Device manager. ;(
have you tried getting another cable for it?
Re: I Need Your Help Asap by Naijalastborn(m): 7:34am On Sep 04, 2013
onegig: have you tried getting another cable for it?
nooo
Re: I Need Your Help Asap by onegig(m): 8:18am On Sep 04, 2013
Naija_lastborn: nooo
then do so.
Re: I Need Your Help Asap by Naijalastborn(m): 8:22am On Sep 04, 2013
onegig: then do so.
I just tried not working
Re: I Need Your Help Asap by onegig(m): 10:06am On Sep 04, 2013
Naija_lastborn: I just tried not working
try it on another system if same results then the hard disk has a fault.
Re: I Need Your Help Asap by Naijalastborn(m): 12:50pm On Sep 04, 2013
onegig: try it on another system if same results then the hard disk has a fault.
yes! It has fault just did what you said! Please do you have any idea how much another one can cost? I asked a Guy, he said New one 10k and second hand is 6K? How true is this?
Re: I Need Your Help Asap by onegig(m): 1:22pm On Sep 04, 2013
Naija_lastborn: yes! It has fault just did what you said! Please do you have any idea how much another one can cost? I asked a Guy, he said New one 10k and second hand is 6K? How true is this?
whats the hard disk type? I.e the model?
Re: I Need Your Help Asap by Naijalastborn(m): 4:26pm On Sep 04, 2013
onegig: whats the hard disk type? I.e the model?
where can I check the model?
Re: I Need Your Help Asap by Joel3(m): 6:45pm On Sep 04, 2013
onegig: whats the hard disk type? I.e the model?
if i want to upgrade my laptop hdd to 500 or 750gb or maybe 1000gb how much? and also can one upgrade processor?
Re: I Need Your Help Asap by onegig(m): 6:46pm On Sep 04, 2013
Naija_lastborn: where can I check the model?

I mean ...did you couple it yourself or bought this samsung, lg or ED external Hard disks.?
Re: I Need Your Help Asap by Joel3(m): 6:48pm On Sep 04, 2013
Naija_lastborn: where can I check the model?
before you buy any hdd you have to ask and check how many gb. connect it to your computer and it will deployed that. as for the product name. they will write it on it.
Re: I Need Your Help Asap by Naijalastborn(m): 8:17pm On Sep 04, 2013
Joel.:
before you buy any hdd you have to ask and check how many gb. connect it to your computer and it will deployed that. as for the product name. they will write it on it.
well I didn't buy this it was sent to me.
Re: I Need Your Help Asap by Joel3(m): 8:30pm On Sep 04, 2013
Naija_lastborn: well I didn't buy this it was sent to me.
then how many gb was it before it spoiled
Re: I Need Your Help Asap by onegig(m): 8:47pm On Sep 04, 2013
Joel.:
then how many gb was it before it spoiled
what is the brand name. What name is printed on it? I have my reasons for asking.
Re: I Need Your Help Asap by Joel3(m): 9:09pm On Sep 04, 2013
onegig: what is the brand name. What name is printed on it? I have my reasons for asking.

hey you did not answer my question qoute below

:
if i want to upgrade my laptop hdd to 500 or 750gb or maybe 1000gb how much? and also can one upgrade processor?
Re: I Need Your Help Asap by onegig(m): 9:53pm On Sep 04, 2013
Joel.:

hey you did not answer my question qoute below

i didn't see it. 500gb shouldn't go for more than 10k. Why the need for a higher hdd when people are moving toward ssd.. You can upgrade you processor if your board allows it. Like you can move from a 2ghz processor to a 3ghz but your mother board must support it.
Re: I Need Your Help Asap by Joel3(m): 10:09pm On Sep 04, 2013
onegig: i didn't see it. 500gb shouldn't go for more than 10k. Why the need for a higher hdd when people are moving toward ssd.. You can upgrade you processor if your board allows it. Like you can move from a 2ghz processor to a 3ghz but your mother board must support it.

ok. how to use this ssd? how does it work and can one use it on my laptop in replacement of hdd? my laptop is very fast and much ok as i dont run much software or programs, i was only just asking what the cost of gb. so tell me more about ssd?
Re: I Need Your Help Asap by onegig(m): 10:35pm On Sep 04, 2013
Joel.:

ok. how to use this ssd? how does it work and can one use it on my laptop in replacement of hdd? my laptop is very fast and much ok as i dont run much software or programs, i was only just asking what the cost of gb. so tell me more about ssd?
ssd is still very expensive and limited. Since you wanted to just enquire about increasing the hard disk size then no problem. . Me mentioning ssd was because of your post indicating you might want an upgrade for the processor.
Re: I Need Your Help Asap by Joel3(m): 10:43pm On Sep 04, 2013
i dont want to upgrade only just asking, please tell me more about ssd, how to use it,will it work for laptop in replacement of hhd. or it comes with inbuilt laptop seperately
Re: I Need Your Help Asap by onegig(m): 4:54am On Sep 05, 2013
Re: I Need Your Help Asap by Naijalastborn(m): 8:15am On Sep 05, 2013
Bro! My External CD Rom has same faulty, my sibling said he's the one who let him fell down from where I kept it. Please what can I do to my External CD Rom?
Re: I Need Your Help Asap by Joel3(m): 7:37pm On Sep 05, 2013
onegig: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solid-state_drive
ok i have seen that, but what i need to upgrade is my processor. there are some files in note pad i will open and it take time to open maybe 5mb notepad files.the laptop is very fast but i dont know why opening notepad big file delay which should not have because other system that is not even fast near my own can open it faster, it's mini laptop how much this will cost bro. or is this from the board?
Re: I Need Your Help Asap by onegig(m): 9:44pm On Sep 05, 2013
Joel.:
ok i have seen that, but what i need to upgrade is my processor. there are some files in note pad i will open and it take time to open maybe 5mb notepad files.the laptop is very fast but i dont know why opening notepad big file delay which should not have because other system that is not even fast near my own can open it faster, it's mini laptop how much this will cost bro. or is this from the board?
notepad files that are as big as 5 mb? Hmmm... Notepad only contains texts and before notepad would swell up to that size then you must have millions of text and characters on the text file. Or are you opening files meant as pdf and doc with notepad? Your system is fast enough. You don't need those upgrade.
Re: I Need Your Help Asap by Joel3(m): 9:51pm On Sep 05, 2013
onegig: notepad files that are as big as 5 mb? Hmmm... Notepad only contains texts and before notepad would swell up to that size then you must have millions of text and characters on the text file. Or are you opening files meant as pdf and doc with notepad? Your system is fast enough. You don't need those upgrade.
yes files runs of million text.

(1) (Reply)

Cyber-cafes: Dead And Buried. / Recommend A Laptop For A Programmer! / Turn Your Smartphone Into Mouse To Control Your PC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.