Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

Dust It If You Must - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Dust It If You Must (867 Views)

You Are Dust / Thou Art Dust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dust It If You Must by harper020(m): 3:10pm On Jun 01, 2006
[b]"A house becomes a home when you can write "I love you" on the furniture."

I can't tell you how many countless hours that I have spent CLEANING!

I used to spend at least 8 hours every weekend making sure things were just perfect - "in case someone came over". Then I realized one day that no-one came over; they were all out living life and having fun!

Now, when people visit, I find no need to explain the "condition" of my home, They are more interested in hearing about the things I've been doing while I was away living life and having fun. If you haven't figured this out yet, please heed this advice.

Life is short. Enjoy it! Dust if you must, but wouldn't it be better to paint a picture, write a letter, bake a cake or plant a seed, ponder the difference between want and need?

Dust if you must, but there's not much time, with rivers to swim and mountains to climb, music to hear and books to read, friends to cherish and life to lead.

Dust if you must, but the world's out there with the sun in your eyes, the wind in your hair, a flutter of snow, a shower of rain. This day will not come around again.

Dust if you must, but bear in mind, old age will come and it's not kind.

And when you go - and go you must - you, yourself will make more dust!

Share this with all the wonderful people in your life!

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.[/b]
Re: Dust It If You Must by baby4u2(f): 5:19am On Jun 02, 2006
i like this, really makes sense, got me thinking today, "i gotta to stop dusting and scatter more dust". thanks ezekiel.
Re: Dust It If You Must by favourwal(f): 2:30pm On Jun 02, 2006
wonderful

u are my kinda guy.

live and love.

thats my slogan

(1) (Reply)

Missing You / ''black But Brave'' In Honour Of Martin Luther King! / TABLET Of THOUGHTs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.