Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Cool FM Presenter, Mannie- "My Nigerian Story" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Cool FM Presenter, Mannie- "My Nigerian Story" (2188 Views)

Hot FM Presenter, Nenny B Dressed Hot To Host An Event In Abuja (Photos) / Cool FM OAP Freeze Now Engaged After Splitting From Ex-wife - See Pictures / Photos Of Pretty Splash FM Presenter Ronke Giwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cool FM Presenter, Mannie- "My Nigerian Story" by 9jaflave: 11:00pm On Sep 03, 2013
http://9jaflave..com/2013/09/cool-fm-presenter-mannie-my-nigerian-story.html

On Saturday, I lay on the sofa after dinner trying to relax. Right there in front of me was this TV program - 'My Nigerian Story'. Curiosity took the better part of me as I stayed glued to see what it was all about.

I must say every minute spent watching the program was worth it, for I was greatly inspired!

So here is what caught my attention: you all know Cool FM Presenter, Mannie- it was his ‘Nigerian Story’- how he got his personal breakthrough. I have tried to capture the story as best as I can. Read it below:

Cool FM Presenter, Mannie Speaks:
Several years ago, I was through with school and stayed in Abuja with my sister. I decided not to go for the mandatory NYSC programme. My sister would have none of that and advised me against such rashness. I insisted I would not serve, but rather go to Lagos; perhaps I would find something worthwhile to do there.

Eventually, she gave in to my vague plan and offered me N3000- all she could spare. That was how I started on a seemingly hopeless journey propelled by my dreams, hopes and aspirations. I had no idea of what lay ahead. All I had was N3000 and a few personal effects which included a mini-keyboard.

I made my journey and when I got to Lagos a friend kindly offered to accommodate me for few weeks. So there I was at a friend’s place, jobless and indoors when others had gone to work. I was always on my keyboard, creating and playing tunes for my pleasure and entertainment. I had produced and stored some tunes on my keyboard while in Abuja just for the fun of it.

On a fateful day the landlord of the house where I lived came to our apartment. Incidentally the man was a big shot in the advertising field. Every day he heard melodious tunes coming from our apartment and he came to see the face behind those tunes. He asked me what I wanted to do with the tunes. I told him that they were jingles for commercials. And that is where the story of my life changed. The landlord got me my first break in which one of my tunes was used as an advert jingle. From then on, it was jingle after jingle for some of the top brands in the country. MTN was one of such brands.

Then I rented my own apartment and began to pay my bills just from making jingles. I trained half of my family from making jingles. I have moved on to other things today but my story is never complete without this chapter of my life.

“Take a risk. Life is about taking risks. Get on that bus. I took a risk by getting on that bus to Lagos and in a surprising turn of events my life completely changed for good.” Go to link below for more:

http://9jaflave..com/2013/09/cool-fm-presenter-mannie-my-nigerian-story.html

Re: Cool FM Presenter, Mannie- "My Nigerian Story" by dplomaticVal: 8:57am On Sep 04, 2013
lnspiring
Re: Cool FM Presenter, Mannie- "My Nigerian Story" by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 04, 2013
Eh yah.very inspirational story.i never knew mannie had an humble beginning.when he invited me for his birthday party,i thought he was a typical ajebo guy.funny,high spirited and full of life.thank God for you mannie cheesy but mannie is chubbier than this now o.lol.if i print out this pics na ehen cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cool FM Presenter, Mannie- "My Nigerian Story" by trendystuf(f): 5:04pm On Sep 04, 2013
Wow! So inspiring!

(1) (Reply)

Reasons For Flaunting My Boobs Explains Nollywood Star-bimbo Thomas / Impossible:maheeda Posts Bare Pictures Of Her Crotch Line / MOVING ON !!!! Burna Boy Leaves Aristokrat Records

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.