Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,429 members, 7,830,153 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Please Help.... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help.... (718 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help.... by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 04, 2013
I am contemplating suicide simply because I cannot find ways to raise funds to complete payment for my fees. My school account has now been blocked, no help from anywhere and am lost here. Please what do I do?
Re: Please Help.... by bellong: 12:22pm On Sep 04, 2013
Which school are you?
Re: Please Help.... by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 04, 2013
bellong: Which school are you?

Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen. I'm owing accommodation fees but I can't proceed on to my dissertation because of this. I was working 2 jobs previously to help pay my accommodation but ever since my contract ended for one it has been hell and I haven't got another job. My present part time job just pays my current rent and food.
Re: Please Help.... by bellong: 12:40pm On Sep 04, 2013
You are far away from where I can possibly render help. However, are there no Nigerians in that area that can help you with accommodation temporarily? If you are a christian and do attend a church, you can discuss this challenge with the pastor of your church, I want to believe they can be of help to resolve your accommodation issues.

Whatever it is, know that the current challenge is only for a short time, it will soon pass. Do not give up hope, its one of those challenges we face in life on the path to greatness. It is a testimony that you have a bright future ahead. Do not give up, explore the church and environment options.

I know nothing about that part of the country, hence can't give a better suggestion.

1 Like

Re: Please Help.... by keepingmum: 1:55pm On Sep 04, 2013
@ OP - i studied in scotland as well and as a self sponsored student. Thank God today i am through (though i still owe about £1k) to the school. I had similar experience with my school due to lack of tuition and my account was blocked as well.
my advise to you is this, seeing as you are almost through with your schooling (you mentioned you are already at the dissertation phase), contact your course tutor and explain your circumstances he would be able to render some valid advise .
b: Contact the finance dept and set up a payment plan.
c: failing that (this was the route i took ohhh), look online for all the top executives in your school, from the Finance manager to the Chancellor, get their emails which is usually name.surname at rgu dot ac dot uk. explain your struggles as a student especially in this economic climate, give details of how you have been able pay your tuition so far and now you are writing your thesis and the stress and lack of understanding/help the school is showing is affecting your mental well being bla bla bla and i bet you, they would respond to you.
PS - also pray and dont stop writing your thesis. My account was blocked, i couldnt submit my chapters for approval to my tutor and i basically emailed her to let her know i had "technical problems" with my blackboard and so would be emailing her via my private email which she was okay with. The school finance director asked the finance office to contact me and ask me how much i could pay and over how many months i wanted to, and my access was restored the only thing was i didnt partake with the graduands at the end as i hadnt finished paying my tuition but my certificate was posted to me.
So cheer up, be proactive, keep writing and most importantly be prayerful. There is life after school and dont miss it becos some jobsworth clerk wrote you a threatening letter.
It is well with you

4 Likes

Re: Please Help.... by bellong: 2:28pm On Sep 04, 2013
^^^^ Beautiful.... @Op, please do as advised above. He passed through it before.

May God help you

(1) (Reply)

A Man Who Doesnt Relate Wel Wit His Female Siblings Wil B A Bad Husband,hw True? / SHOCKING!: Mother Puts Baby Up For Sale For $430 On OLX.COM [PHOTO] / Two Types Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.