Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,488 members, 7,830,462 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

SOS Cameroon - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / SOS Cameroon (672 Views)

Pastor Suleiman-Johnson Causes Stampede In Cameroon,1 Dead, 20 Injured (Photos) / ''Bishop'' Oyedepo Investigated 4 Fraud In D UK, as Cameroon Govt Closes Church / Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SOS Cameroon by SOSCameroon: 3:33pm On Sep 04, 2013
Some weeks ago President Paul Biya of Cameroon ordered the closure of many Pentescotal churches. There's lamentations everywhere. No place of worship. Though the constitution states freedom of worship, yet the government has violated this article. I know the Western world is behind all this. They know the churches are against homosexuality, and they are using this factor to weaken the unity of believers.
What amazes me the most is the fact that, there is no prophet in the land to stand and speak for the people. Everybody is lukewarm about the whole issue. BUT MY HEART BLEEDS FOR THE FUTURE OF MY DEAR FATHERLAND.
PLS JOIN ME PRAY FOR CAMEROON!!!

(Front page pls)
Re: SOS Cameroon by Emmyk(m): 4:07pm On Sep 04, 2013
#sigh
Re: SOS Cameroon by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:00pm On Sep 04, 2013
Hey OP.

We are facing our own problem in this nation. We tired of massive exploitation from religion.....lets solve our own problem first....cameroon will come next

1 Like

Re: SOS Cameroon by nora544: 5:14pm On Sep 04, 2013
you should be happy that your president close all this fake churches where people only lose there money to this new pastors who look only at there own pocket.

That has nothing to do with homosexuality sorry.

Your president is a good man and he knows that this miracles are not real what happen in this churches and that that this so called miracles will bring only money in the pocket of the pastors and the followers will still get not rich.

2 Likes

Re: SOS Cameroon by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 04, 2013
Poor one from Biya...very poor showing from him.
Re: SOS Cameroon by truthislight: 9:23pm On Sep 04, 2013
SOSCameroon: Some weeks ago President Paul Biya of Cameroon ordered the closure of many Pentescotal churches. There's lamentations everywhere. No place of worship. Though the constitution states freedom of worship, yet the government has violated this article. I know the Western world is behind all this. They know the churches are against homosexuality, and they are using this factor to weaken the unity of believers.
What amazes me the most is the fact that, there is no prophet in the land to stand and speak for the people. Everybody is lukewarm about the whole issue. BUT MY HEART BLEEDS FOR THE FUTURE OF MY DEAR FATHERLAND.
PLS JOIN ME PRAY FOR CAMEROON!!!

(Front page pls)

You have spoken just onesidedly about religion, what about the problems that religion causes ?

Not to talk of the exploitations ?
Re: SOS Cameroon by truthislight: 9:27pm On Sep 04, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Hey OP.

We are facing our own problem in this nation. We tired of massive exploitation from religion.....lets solve our own problem first....cameroon will come next

Religion seems to have lost it bearing.
Re: SOS Cameroon by truthislight: 9:29pm On Sep 04, 2013
nora544: you should be happy that your president close all this fake churches where people only lose there money to this new pastors who look only at there own pocket.

Your president is a good man and he knows that this miracles are not real what happen in this churches and that that this so called miracles will bring only money in the pocket of the pastors and the followers will still get not rich.

True talk !
Re: SOS Cameroon by truthislight: 9:32pm On Sep 04, 2013
striktlymi: Poor one from Biya...very poor showing from him.

There is nothing like "poor showing" in what he did if he curtails the exploitation to his citizens.
Re: SOS Cameroon by tobechi20(m): 9:32pm On Sep 04, 2013
Isnt it good?
Re: SOS Cameroon by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 04, 2013
truthislight:

There is nothing like "poor showing" in what he did if he curtails the exploitation to his citizens.

The last I checked, Cameroon was a democracy and the president is supposed to be the champion for the upliftment of the rights of its citizens.

Locking down churches all in the name of God knows what is a deprivation of the rights of his 'subjects' and a gross misuse of political power.
Re: SOS Cameroon by Pygru: 11:16pm On Sep 04, 2013
nora544: you should be happy that your president close all this fake churches where people only lose there money to this new pastors who look only at there own pocket.

smh
Re: SOS Cameroon by truthislight: 8:24am On Sep 05, 2013
striktlymi:

The last I checked, Cameroon was a democracy and the president is supposed to be the champion for the upliftment of the rights of its citizens.

Locking down churches all in the name of God knows what is a deprivation of the rights of his 'subjects' and a gross misuse of political power.

The armed robbers and fraudstars are camroonians also and they have rights as cameroonian citizens, is the discrimination because they dont make use of the name of God ?
Re: SOS Cameroon by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 05, 2013
truthislight:

The armed robbers and fraudstars are camroonians also and they have rights as cameroonian citizens, is the discrimination because they dont make use of the name of God ?

The above analogy is not correct.

Armed robbers and fraudsters are guilty of one or more crimes. Those who fellowship in the respective churches are 'guilty' of none.
Re: SOS Cameroon by truthislight: 1:36pm On Sep 05, 2013
striktlymi:

Armed robbers and fraudsters are guilty of one or more crimes. Those who fellowship in the respective churches are 'guilty' of none.

^^^

How truthful is that ^ statement ?

I will let the readers be the judge. > all religion is perfect. No ?

As long the word God is pronounce, it is well. Smh.
Re: SOS Cameroon by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:08pm On Sep 05, 2013
striktlymi:

You are doing more harm to christianity. Bro why this?

When the root is corrupt, the seed are corrupt too.

When the shepard is lost, what will happen to the sheep?
Re: SOS Cameroon by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 05, 2013
truthislight:

^^^

How truthful is that ^ statement ?

I will let the readers be the judge. > all religion is perfect. No ?

As long the word God is pronounce, it is well. Smh.

Now you are being dramatic. It is ungodly to close down a church where people worship because you have a particular bias against some of its worshippers.
Re: SOS Cameroon by truthislight: 3:39pm On Sep 05, 2013
striktlymi:

Now you are being dramatic. It is ungodly to close down a church where people worship because you have a particular bias against some of its worshippers.

it is unGodly for churches to do unGodly things. Eg. Exploitation.
Re: SOS Cameroon by gdcomms: 4:06pm On Sep 05, 2013

Winners Chapel of all is among those closed. Remember, they are preparing a way for the new world order. Before you know it they will extend to other countries. Cameroon is just a victim. Remember the country is seriously against homosexuality.
Re: SOS Cameroon by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 05, 2013
truthislight:

it is unGodly for churches to do unGodly things. Eg. Exploitation.

Churches do not exploit...individuals do. If an individual exploits another and that form of exploitation is against the law, then the right thing to do is sue those individuals to court.

What I believe you tag 'exploitation' in this case is something the law cannot hold the 'accused' liable for, hence there is really no case. Mr. Biya, by this singular act, has lumped all three functions of government into one i.e he has made himself the Legislature, the Executive and the Judiciary which is not proper.

Mr. Biya's actions as regards this matter is simply dictatorial and as such not acceptable. If he believes that some individuals are breaking the law all in the name of God, then the right thing for him to do is charge such persons to court and let the judiciary take it up from there.

(1) (Reply)

Can Anyone Explain To Me Wat Jesus Meant? / Bible Researcher Wanted / Can God Cry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.