Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,226 members, 7,811,624 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

Tyler Perry Donates $1,000,000 To Church & “lays Hands” On Pastor T.D. Jakes - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tyler Perry Donates $1,000,000 To Church & “lays Hands” On Pastor T.D. Jakes (1790 Views)

Sapphire Adaobi-Obi Crushes On Pastor Chris Okotie / Tyler Perry Is Gay!!! Shocking News! / Lady Gaga Poses For Bikini Photos In Rio; Donates $1 Million To Hurricane Sandy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tyler Perry Donates $1,000,000 To Church & “lays Hands” On Pastor T.D. Jakes by 9jaflave: 5:03pm On Sep 04, 2013
http://9jaflave..com/2013/09/tyler-perry-donates-1000000-to-church-lays-hands-on-td-jakes.html

On Sunday 1st September 2013, movie mogul Tyler Perry attended MegaFest 2013 hosted by T.D Jakes at The Potter’s House in Dallas, Texas. Sometime during the service, Perry says he was moved to donate $1 million dollars to Jakes’ youth center.

In a surprising move, Tyler Perry actually 'laid hands' on T.D. Jakes- very unlikely in a Nigerian church. Naija pastors are demi-gods.

When Tyler Perry took the mic, he shared the following below with the congregation:

“God I don’t know what you’re doing but I heard your voice.”
The crowd erupted in shouts and applause and Perry started speaking in tongues before he continued sharing.
“When you hear the voice of God you move. Don't worry about what nobody says to you. Don't worry about what it looks like. Don't worry about your enemy. Don't worry about your hater. He will bless you. He will lift you…”
Then Perry launched into a mini sermon talking about how we often miss the blessings God has for us because we're too concerned about people are going to say or think about it.
“Sometimes you spend too much time worrying about your haters. You spend too much time worrying about people talking about you. But what you need to understand is that the Bible says in order for you to be blessed, your haters have to be present. The book of Psalms says he prepareth a table for me in the presence of my enemies. So in order for me to eat, they have to be present.”
After that Perry began praying for Jakes. As he was asking God to keep his anointing on Jakes, Perry was walking toward him until he eventually placed his hands on the top of his head. Which is what you see in the picture

http://9jaflave..com/2013/09/tyler-perry-donates-1000000-to-church-lays-hands-on-td-jakes.html

Re: Tyler Perry Donates $1,000,000 To Church & “lays Hands” On Pastor T.D. Jakes by slap1(m): 5:18pm On Sep 04, 2013
Handsome dude! I love his deep voice.
Re: Tyler Perry Donates $1,000,000 To Church & “lays Hands” On Pastor T.D. Jakes by JohnFrankling(m): 5:44pm On Sep 04, 2013
This can't happen in my country you dare not touch our pastors, body guard things

1 Like

Re: Tyler Perry Donates $1,000,000 To Church & “lays Hands” On Pastor T.D. Jakes by israel007: 6:09pm On Sep 04, 2013
Tyler my man
Re: Tyler Perry Donates $1,000,000 To Church & “lays Hands” On Pastor T.D. Jakes by Double194(m): 10:03am On Sep 05, 2013
My Brother with 1million Dollars, even W.F Kumuyi go gree make U “lay hands on am”

1 Like

Re: Tyler Perry Donates $1,000,000 To Church & “lays Hands” On Pastor T.D. Jakes by Airforce1(m): 4:45pm On Sep 05, 2013
Double194: My Brother with 1million Dollars, even W.F Kumuyi go gree make U “lay hands on am”

Hehehehe
watch what u say o

(1) (Reply)

Sexy Mercy Johson Reveals All Her Inner Features / King Wasiu Ayinde Marshal Was Shot!!!! / Ibinabo Fiberesima Responds To Accusations That Late Muna Obiekwe Was Abandoned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.