Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,267 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

The Permanence Of God's Word - W.F. Kumuyi - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Permanence Of God's Word - W.F. Kumuyi (1150 Views)

Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi / Pastor W.f Kumuyi In Tivs Attire. / 2014 Prophecy By W.f. Kumuyi Of Deeper Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Permanence Of God's Word - W.F. Kumuyi by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:11pm On Sep 04, 2013
THE PERMANENCE OF GOD’S WORD
Matthew 5:17,18

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets" “The law and the prophets” refer to the whole of the Old Testament (Matthew 11:13; 22:36-40; John 1:45; Acts 13:15; 28:23). Our Lord’s authority did not contradict or cancel the authority of the Scriptures. Jesus Christ upheld the permanence of the Scriptures. His message and God’s written Word are inseparable. As God does not change (Malachi 3:6), His Word also does not change.

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets." In its most limited sense, "the law" referred to the Ten Commandments. In a broader sense, it was used to refer to the Pentateuch, the five books of Moses. In a still broader sense, it was used to speak of the entire Old Testament (Romans 13:8-10; James 2:8-11; John 7:19-23; Matthew 5:18; Luke 16:16,17). The prophets reiterated and reinforced the law. All their warnings, admonitions and predictions were directly or indirectly based on the Mosaic law. God’s revelation to the prophets was an extension of His law. The foundation of the Old Testament was the law given in the Pentateuch, which the prophets, psalmists, and other inspired writers preached, expounded and applied. (To be continued)...
Re: The Permanence Of God's Word - W.F. Kumuyi by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:30pm On Sep 04, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

THE PERMANENCE OF GOD’S WORD
Matthew 5:17,18

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets" “The law and the prophets” refer to the whole of the Old Testament (Matthew 11:13; 22:36-40; John 1:45; Acts 13:15; 28:23). Our Lord’s authority did not contradict or cancel the authority of the Scriptures. Jesus Christ upheld the permanence of the Scriptures. His message and God’s written Word are inseparable. As God does not change (Malachi 3:6), His Word also does not change.

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets." In its most limited sense, "the law" referred to the Ten Commandments. In a broader sense, it was used to refer to the Pentateuch, the five books of Moses. In a still broader sense, it was used to speak of the entire Old Testament (Romans 13:8-10; James 2:8-11; John 7:19-23; Matthew 5:18; Luke 16:16,17). The prophets reiterated and reinforced the law. All their warnings, admonitions and predictions were directly or indirectly based on the Mosaic law. God’s revelation to the prophets was an extension of His law. The foundation of the Old Testament was the law given in the Pentateuch, which the prophets, psalmists, and other inspired writers preached, expounded and applied. (To be continued)...

You can watch it here:

1 Like

Re: The Permanence Of God's Word - W.F. Kumuyi by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:47pm On Sep 05, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

You can watch it here:

1. CONFIRMED FINALITY OF GOD’S WORD
Matthew 5:17,18; 24:35; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; 2 Peter 1:19-21; Deuteronomy 4:2; 12:32; Proverbs 30:5,6; Psalm 119:89-91; Revelation 22:18,19.

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets." There were thoughts and speculations among the religious leaders and the common people concerning the purpose of Christ’s coming. Did He come to destroy the law? Was His ministry to cancel the moral law and make the nation lawless and ungovernable? No. The moral law is God’s foundational standard for righteous living. Jesus fulfilled the moral law by His perfect righteousness and preached the necessity of repentance and righteousness. Did He come to destroy the judicial law which was given to provide unique identity for Israel as a nation? No. He came to fulfil the law, to pay the penalty of the broken law for the whole nation and the whole world. Did He come to destroy the ceremonial law - the law of sacrifices? No. He came to fulfil the law by offering Himself as the final sacrifice, the perfect sacrifice. Having fulfilled the law of the sacrificial system, He brought all the other sacrifices to an end.

Jesus Christ upheld the permanence of God’s Word. He required inward and outward obedience to God’s Word. He, Himself, lived to "fulfil all righteousness" and inspired His disciples to "hunger and thirst after righteousness." (To be continued)...
Re: The Permanence Of God's Word - W.F. Kumuyi by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:44pm On Sep 08, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

1. CONFIRMED FINALITY OF GOD’S WORD
Matthew 5:17,18; 24:35; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; 2 Peter 1:19-21; Deuteronomy 4:2; 12:32; Proverbs 30:5,6; Psalm 119:89-91; Revelation 22:18,19.

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets." There were thoughts and speculations among the religious leaders and the common people concerning the purpose of Christ’s coming. Did He come to destroy the law? Was His ministry to cancel the moral law and make the nation lawless and ungovernable? No. The moral law is God’s foundational standard for righteous living. Jesus fulfilled the moral law by His perfect righteousness and preached the necessity of repentance and righteousness. Did He come to destroy the judicial law which was given to provide unique identity for Israel as a nation? No. He came to fulfil the law, to pay the penalty of the broken law for the whole nation and the whole world. Did He come to destroy the ceremonial law - the law of sacrifices? No. He came to fulfil the law by offering Himself as the final sacrifice, the perfect sacrifice. Having fulfilled the law of the sacrificial system, He brought all the other sacrifices to an end.

Jesus Christ upheld the permanence of God’s Word. He required inward and outward obedience to God’s Word. He, Himself, lived to "fulfil all righteousness" and inspired His disciples to "hunger and thirst after righteousness." (To be continued)...

2. CHRIST’S FULFILMENT OF GOD’S WORD
Matthew 5:17,18; 1:21-23; 8:16,17; 13:34,35; Matthew 26:47-56; 27:9,34,35; Mark 15:25-28; Luke 24:27,44,45; John 15:22-25; 19:28-36; Acts 3:18-26; 13:27-33.

"I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil." Christ came to fulfil “the law and the prophets” in its fulness. He submitted Himself to God totally and obeyed His Word perfectly. He fulfilled the commandments, statutes, types, prophecies and all the declarations in all details. From conception to crucifixion, in His incarnation, life and ministry, His work and miracles, His death, burial and resurrection, Jesus fulfilled all “the law and the prophets.”
Jesus fulfilled the Scriptures by fully meeting its demands. In His life, He perfectly kept every part of God’s Word. He was perfectly righteous and did not violate the smallest part of God’s law. He was utterly flawless in His obedience and He has provided the perfect model of righteousness for us. The moral law fulfilled by Christ is still being fulfilled through His disciples. He gives grace to all who belong to Him to walk in obedience and righteousness. (To be Continued...)
Re: The Permanence Of God's Word - W.F. Kumuyi by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:09am On Sep 09, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

2. CHRIST’S FULFILMENT OF GOD’S WORD
Matthew 5:17,18; 1:21-23; 8:16,17; 13:34,35; Matthew 26:47-56; 27:9,34,35; Mark 15:25-28; Luke 24:27,44,45; John 15:22-25; 19:28-36; Acts 3:18-26; 13:27-33.

"I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil." Christ came to fulfil “the law and the prophets” in its fulness. He submitted Himself to God totally and obeyed His Word perfectly. He fulfilled the commandments, statutes, types, prophecies and all the declarations in all details. From conception to crucifixion, in His incarnation, life and ministry, His work and miracles, His death, burial and resurrection, Jesus fulfilled all “the law and the prophets.”
Jesus fulfilled the Scriptures by fully meeting its demands. In His life, He perfectly kept every part of God’s Word. He was perfectly righteous and did not violate the smallest part of God’s law. He was utterly flawless in His obedience and He has provided the perfect model of righteousness for us. The moral law fulfilled by Christ is still being fulfilled through His disciples. He gives grace to all who belong to Him to walk in obedience and righteousness. (To be Continued...)

3. CHRISTIANS’ FAITHFULNESS TO GOD’S WORD
Matthew 5:17,18; 7:12; 22:36-40; James 2:8-12; Romans 3:21-26; 13:8-10; Galatians 5:14; Acts 24:14-16; Luke 10:25-28.

"The disciple is not above his master; nor the servant above his lord. It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord." (Matthew 10:24,25).

If Christ, our Lord and Saviour, our Master and Perfect Example, did not come to destroy “the law and the prophets”, none of His true followers will ever attempt to destroy God’s Word by their character, doctrine, ministry or influence. Christ held God’s Word in high esteem, upheld the Scriptures as sacred and proclaimed the Word as infallible. So will every true believer regard every part and detail of God’s Word as sacred, infallible and authoritative. As Christ came to fulfil God’s written Word to the minutest detail, so must we be willing to fulfil, that is, obey God’s Word. It is written of Christ, “Lo, I come to do Thy will, O God” (Hebrews 10:7). He, Himself, declared, “Thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness” (Matthew 3:15). “He that saith he abideth in Him ought himself also so to walk, even as He walked” (1 John 2:6).

(To be continued...).
Re: The Permanence Of God's Word - W.F. Kumuyi by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:45am On Sep 11, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

3. CHRISTIANS’ FAITHFULNESS TO GOD’S WORD
Matthew 5:17,18; 7:12; 22:36-40; James 2:8-12; Romans 3:21-26; 13:8-10; Galatians 5:14; Acts 24:14-16; Luke 10:25-28.

"The disciple is not above his master; nor the servant above his lord. It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord." (Matthew 10:24,25).

If Christ, our Lord and Saviour, our Master and Perfect Example, did not come to destroy “the law and the prophets”, none of His true followers will ever attempt to destroy God’s Word by their character, doctrine, ministry or influence. Christ held God’s Word in high esteem, upheld the Scriptures as sacred and proclaimed the Word as infallible. So will every true believer regard every part and detail of God’s Word as sacred, infallible and authoritative. As Christ came to fulfil God’s written Word to the minutest detail, so must we be willing to fulfil, that is, obey God’s Word. It is written of Christ, “Lo, I come to do Thy will, O God” (Hebrews 10:7). He, Himself, declared, “Thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness” (Matthew 3:15). “He that saith he abideth in Him ought himself also so to walk, even as He walked” (1 John 2:6).

(To be continued...).

THE BIBLE STANDS

1. The Bible stands like a rock undaunted
‘Mid the raging storms of time;
Its pages burn with the truth eternal,
And they glow with a light sublime.

The Bible stands tho’ the hills may tumble,
It will firmly stand when the earth shall crumble;
I will plant my feet on its firm foundation,
For the Bible stands.

2. The Bible stands like a mountain tow’ring
Far above the works of men;
Its truth by none ever was refuted,
And destroy it they never can.

3. The Bible stands and it will forever,
When the world has passed away;
By inspiration it has been given,
All its precepts I will obey.

4. The Bible stands ev’ry test we give it,
For its Author is divine;
By grace alone I expect to live it,
And to prove it and make it mine.
Re: The Permanence Of God's Word - W.F. Kumuyi by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:16am On Sep 13, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

THE BIBLE STANDS

1. The Bible stands like a rock undaunted
‘Mid the raging storms of time;
Its pages burn with the truth eternal,
And they glow with a light sublime.

The Bible stands tho’ the hills may tumble,
It will firmly stand when the earth shall crumble;
I will plant my feet on its firm foundation,
For the Bible stands.

2. The Bible stands like a mountain tow’ring
Far above the works of men;
Its truth by none ever was refuted,
And destroy it they never can.

3. The Bible stands and it will forever,
When the world has passed away;
By inspiration it has been given,
All its precepts I will obey.

4. The Bible stands ev’ry test we give it,
For its Author is divine;
By grace alone I expect to live it,
And to prove it and make it mine.

Congregational Songs:

COME, O THOU PROPHET OF THE LORD

1. Come, O Thou Prophet of the Lord,
Thou great interpreter divine,
Explain Thine own transmitted word,
To teach and to inspire is Thine;
Thou only canst Thyself reveal,
Open the book and loose the seal.

2. Whate’er the ancient prophets spoke
Concerning Thee, O Christ, make known;
Chief subject of the sacred book,
Thou fillest all, and Thou alone;
Yet there our Lord we cannot see,
Unless Thy Spirit lend the key.

3. Now, Jesus, now the veil remove,
The folly of our darkened heart;
Unfold the wonders of Thy love,
The knowledge of Thyself impart;
Our ear, our inmost soul, we bow,
Speak, Lord, Thy servants hearken now.
Re: The Permanence Of God's Word - W.F. Kumuyi by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:32am On Dec 24, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Congregational Songs:

COME, O THOU PROPHET OF THE LORD

1. Come, O Thou Prophet of the Lord,
Thou great interpreter divine,
Explain Thine own transmitted word,
To teach and to inspire is Thine;
Thou only canst Thyself reveal,
Open the book and loose the seal.

2. Whate’er the ancient prophets spoke
Concerning Thee, O Christ, make known;
Chief subject of the sacred book,
Thou fillest all, and Thou alone;
Yet there our Lord we cannot see,
Unless Thy Spirit lend the key.

3. Now, Jesus, now the veil remove,
The folly of our darkened heart;
Unfold the wonders of Thy love,
The knowledge of Thyself impart;
Our ear, our inmost soul, we bow,
Speak, Lord, Thy servants hearken now.

smiley

(1) (Reply)

Why Are So Many Christians Greedy For Money? / Galatians 5: 19 - 26 In Pidgin / Holy Ghost Congress 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.