Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,622 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Link Building: 7 Things That Matters - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Link Building: 7 Things That Matters (985 Views)

5 Things That Yahoo! Search Can Do But Not Google / Top 7 Things That Confuse New Nairalanders / High PR Web 2.0 Sites For SEO Link Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Link Building: 7 Things That Matters by FarmTech(m): 10:52pm On Sep 04, 2013
Link building is a very time-consuming activity. That’s why you have to be very careful if you don’t want all your efforts to be in vain. One important thing you should bear in mind is this: One quality backlinks is worth more than a 100 spammy backlinks. The 7 tips below will help you build quality backlinks and ensure that your time is not wasted.

1. Pages have PageRank (PR), Not Websites:
Here is where a lot of Nigerian bloggers get it wrong. If the homepage of a site is PR 5, some bloggers tend to assume that every other page on the site is PR 5. But unknown to them, that site can still have a lot of pages that have lower PageRank, and some pages can even be PR 0!

So while building backlinks, look at the PR of the page the backlink is coming from. Don’t look at the PR of the home page.

2. Vary your Anchor Text:
Another important thing is the words you use in the anchor text of your backlink. Due to the Google over-optimization penalty, you have to vary the words you use in the anchor texts. There are several ways to do this. Let’s look at them while assuming that our main target keyphrase is “dog potty training”.

Use Related Phrases: e.g. dog toilet training, potty training a dog etc. You can get a lot of related phrases from the Google keyword tool (Now Google Keyword Planner).

Use Generic Words: e.g. click here, here’s the link, this article, read more etc.

Use your URL: e.g. read more about it at <a href..>Bleep.com</a>.

3. Get both Dofollow & Nofollow Backlinks:
Definition: A nofollow backlink is a backlink that has the nofollow attribute. This type of link will not increase you Google ranking. On the other hand, a dofollow backlink is just a normal link and it can help your ranking.

Some think that nofollow backlinks are a taboo but they’re not. Remember that search engines want to see natural link profile and you’ll satisfy this want if you acquire both dofollow and nofollow backlinks.

4. Get Quality Backlinks:
A quality backlink is a backlink from a page that has high PageRank, useful content, and traffic. This is the type of links you should strive to get. Avoid spammy links like the ones created by automation tools. In case you don’t know, spammy backlinks can now hurt your entire site. That is why Google launched the disavow link tool.

5. Keep Building Backlinks:
Build as many backlinks as possible. If time and resources will permit you, keep building even after you have achieved the number one spot in search result. You don’t know what your competitors are doing. Also, identify your best performing pages and keep pumping links into them.

6. Deep Linking Strategy:
Don’t build links only to your home page. The best practice is to build links to both the homepage and subpages.

7. Relevancy:
The pages you get links from should be relevant to the topic of your page. For example, if you have a page on dog training, don’t go and place your links on pages that talks about hair dressing, body building or weight loss.

I believe that these tips help someone. Give me a like if you appreciate it. Feel free to ask questions.
Re: Link Building: 7 Things That Matters by FarmTech(m): 12:44am On Sep 08, 2013
Is there any one here who appreciate this free information? Please let me know.

2 Likes

Re: Link Building: 7 Things That Matters by DonBabaNG: 9:44pm On Jun 04, 2020
i appreciate brotherly. Although i have a question or two. dont know if you can help reach me on whatsapp on 08031391676

FarmTech:
Is there any one here who appreciate this free information? Please let me know.
Re: Link Building: 7 Things That Matters by FarmTech(m): 9:58pm On Jun 05, 2020
DonBabaNG:
i appreciate brotherly. Although i have a question or two. dont know if you can help reach me on whatsapp on 08031391676

What an old post u dug out. I sent u mail.

1 Like

Re: Link Building: 7 Things That Matters by DonBabaNG: 10:11pm On Jun 06, 2020
That's the problem with Nairaland email. For some reasons I can't see them. But you can send to my email arinzeesomnofu@gmail.com

FarmTech:

Re: Link Building: 7 Things That Matters by FarmTech(m): 11:37pm On Jun 06, 2020
DonBabaNG:
That's the problem with Nairaland email. For some reasons I can't see them. But you can send to my email arinzeesomnofu@gmail.com

OK.
Re: Link Building: 7 Things That Matters by FarmTech(m): 11:17pm On Oct 13, 2022
My old post.
Re: Link Building: 7 Things That Matters by faceland: 7:23pm On Oct 14, 2022
FarmTech:

Old but gold
Re: Link Building: 7 Things That Matters by FarmTech(m): 8:51pm On Oct 14, 2022
faceland:

Old but gold
Yes. Thanks.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

[help] How Do I Get Tough Seo In Wapka Like 9jabaze.com / I Need Admin On My Blog / cancel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.