Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,590 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Does Most Universities Worth. This Top Rankin By The Nuc. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Does Most Universities Worth. This Top Rankin By The Nuc. (681 Views)

Help, In Search For An Affordable Private University That Is Approved By The NUC / Why Do Most Universities Choose Very Small Number Of Candidates For Dentistry? / Do Most Universities Worth. This Top Rankin By The Nuc. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does Most Universities Worth. This Top Rankin By The Nuc. by Chrichigo(m): 12:50pm On Sep 05, 2013
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][b][/b]
Let's start from these Questions.
(1) Do you really believe in the results produced by the NUC, in the ranking of the Nigeria Universities?
(2) Why would it be based only on equipment possessed by the school?
(3) Why are these facts below left out in their judgement,
(ᴬ ) Educational achievements.
(ß) ways of studies/how lectures are being taken.
(€) how Examinations are being conducted.
I will elaborate on these facts one after the other.
(ᴬ ) Educational achievement. How many times has it been recorded of the achievements by all these universities that top the (NUC) table. Take for instance, Anambra State University represented the country at the 2012 annual event that took place in silver stone circuit, Northampton, UK. The competition drew contestants from 222 universities around the globe but on merit d winner went in favour to the university in Nigeria. Anambra state University was the school, represented by five students from the field of Mechanical engineering, Architecture, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Civil Engineering and Chemical Engineering. http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/nigerian-engineering-undergraduates-win-global-race-car-design-competition What can we say of this?

(ß) Ways of studies/ how lectures are being taken. Blames are always reckoned at students on their unwillingly ness to learn but on the other side of it, the universities should be blame on their lack of effort in providing adequate capacity of classrooms that will contain the students during lecture. Imagine in Unizik whereby they have about seven department in the faculty of nursing science and ᴬ course like Math 101 is being taken together ar the same time. And each department contain about hundred students. How would you ensure ᴬ proper learning, yet they are being graded at the top of best universities and that brings us to the number '€'.

During Examination, you can imagine their seating position on ᴬ normal bench for lecture, seven students would be arranged to seat on that bench to take examination not Quiz or test as the case may be. You can never find these in most of this schools that are graded at the rear of the Ranking by the NUC. Like in Ansu, you can never "I mean never" see such. The highest you can see occupying that bench is three but most times is two. In Electrical Electronics Engineering Department, that bench is only meant for One person in ᴬ zig-zag formation. Now tell me, why wunt there be sanity and purity in the examination hail. This proverbial saying that "examination is not the best test of knowledge" but it still determine how far you have learnt ᴬ particular course of subject and that really count. Now tell me why wouldn't these Universities produce best students in the world? ( Qus. No. 2)

Is high time we recognised the truth that this NUC are most time becoming sentimental on their judgement because most of the Ogas' at the top are lecturers from those top universities (claimed).

I wouldn't know your opinion, what do you think? ( I rest my case).
Re: Does Most Universities Worth. This Top Rankin By The Nuc. by faboben10: 1:09pm On Sep 05, 2013
@op u r very much right,
but na oou i pity pass
Re: Does Most Universities Worth. This Top Rankin By The Nuc. by Adolak(m): 1:57pm On Sep 05, 2013
Where is the ranking

(1) (Reply)

Neco / USPF Has Provided ICT Equipment To 1,336 Schools In Nigeria – Barr. Oluwafunmilo / UNILAG Institute Of Continuing Education Releases Admission List For 2013/2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.