Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

MOVIE REVIEW: Side Effects By Sodas And Popcorn - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / MOVIE REVIEW: Side Effects By Sodas And Popcorn (649 Views)

Foreign Tabloids Mock Nigerian Movie "Spider Girl' In Hilarious Movie Review / Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas / Movie Review & Sodas & Popcorn Top 10 Movies Of 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

MOVIE REVIEW: Side Effects By Sodas And Popcorn by Nekaoflife(f): 2:54pm On Sep 05, 2013
The Directing

Director Steven Soderbergh who bid farewell to the world of movie making (for the art of painting, yes you heard me right, painting) recently definitely takes a bow in grand style. Side Effects definitely goes down in the records as one of the best movies he has ever made. For a man who has been very relevant over the last 6 years with at least a movie every year, hardly did any one of them fall short of expectations. Although I wasn’t a big fan of Magic Mike (honestly, I haven’t finished the movie till this day) but critics were full of nothing but praises for the movie shortly after its release. So always was the positive response to Ocean’s 13, Contagion, Traffic, and the list goes on and on.

Side Effects which delivers a classic neo-noir story was so well done, I am sure any mistake sighted in the movie would be seen as some part of Soderbergh’s style. Like many of his other movies do, Side Effects relies on awesome storytelling and captivating performances from its acts.

The Acting

Rooney Mara was absolutely mind blowing as usual in this movie. Just like she blew our minds in Girl with a Dragon Tatoo, she did again in this movie and totally stole the show from everyone else. She will most likely get an Oscar Nomination for her performance in this movie. Jude Law who played the more troubled and desperate Doctor Watson in this movie wasn’t short of a lovely performance himself. At some point in the movie, I got so drawn in, I started to truly feel sad for all the happenings going on in his life, before I finally snapped out of it.

See more at: http://www.happenings9ja.com/happenings/posts/entertainment-lifestyle/music-movies/movie-review-side-effects#sthash.3PtZ9EPt.dpuf

(1) (Reply)

Mother Of George - Has Anyone Seen This Movie? / Upcoming Female Spider Man Movie To Drop In 2017 / The Newest 'jurassic World' Trailer Is Out, And It Is Horrifying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.