Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,672 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

What Did The Blood Of Jesus Christ Do? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Did The Blood Of Jesus Christ Do? (1140 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Nigerians, Road Accidents And The Blood Of Jesus. / So There Is A Street In Lagos Called Blood Of Jesus Street?! (see Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Did The Blood Of Jesus Christ Do? by huxley(m): 12:10pm On Jun 16, 2008
Christians claim that the blood of JC did away with the old traditions as given in the Old Testament and that his blood essentially ushered in a new dispensation. That being so, which of the following OT traditions were washed away by the blood of JC?

1) Sacrifices (human and animals)
2) Other burnt offerings at the alter
3) Dietary laws
4) Cleanliness laws
5) Sexual relationships laws
6) Eye-4-eye laws
7) 10 Commandments
8-) Tithing
9) Scapegoating

Is there any systematic means for knowing which were done away with and which were not?
Re: What Did The Blood Of Jesus Christ Do? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jun 16, 2008
Well we know that an adulterated version of tithing was smuggled back into the church in the year 586 AD at the council of bacon by the catholic church, it was essentialy introduced to assist the church raise money beos the church was growing then and revenues was not growing at a rate large enough to meet the demands of the church. It is a doctrine of Man mis-represented as the word of God, like so many other things in the church to day which is what is causing all the confusion.

@Huxley
Sincerely i do appreciate this your quest for true knowledge, i am actually almost convinced that you are not really an atheist but someone who religion has confused ( and if everyone wants to say the truth, religion can be very confusing) and you are actually seeking true knowledge, in that regard i can identify with you. But the difference is that i strongly beleive in God and i worship him in faith. There is too much evidence that God exists so i won''t even bother to go in to that topic now. i think the problem you have is that of "doctrine of Men" that as poluted most religions especially the christian faith. I suggest you get a copy of the book "DOCTRINE OF MEN" it is available @amazon.com or you can do a google search to read the preview of the book, it puts a lot of things into perspective and you would understand a lot of things better and Appreciate the bible as the true word of God better. The biggest problem we have with christianity today is the church, i am doing some research on this and would share my findings on nairaland when the time comes
Re: What Did The Blood Of Jesus Christ Do? by huxley(m): 1:20pm On Jun 16, 2008
Jagoon:

Well we know that an adulterated version of tithing was smuggled back into the church in the year 586 AD at the council of bacon by the catholic church, it was essentialy introduced to assist the church raise money beos the church was growing then and revenues was not growing at a rate large enough to meet the demands of the church. It is a doctrine of Man mis-represented as the word of God, like so many other things in the church to day which is what is causing all the confusion.

@Huxley
Sincerely i do appreciate this your quest for true knowledge, i am actually almost convinced that you are not really an atheist but someone who religion has confused ( and if everyone wants to say the truth, religion can be very confusing) and you are actually seeking true knowledge, in that regard i can identify with you. But the difference is that i strongly beleive in God and i worship him in faith. There is too much evidence that God exists so i won''t even bother to go in to that topic now. i think the problem you have is that of "doctrine of Men" that as poluted most religions especially the christian faith. I suggest you get a copy of the book "DOCTRINE OF MEN" it is available @amazon.com or you can do a google search to read the preview of the book, it puts a lot of things into perspective and you would understand a lot of things better and Appreciate the bible as the true word of God better. The biggest problem we have with christianity today is the church, i am doing some research on this and would share my findings on nairaland when the time comes

Thanks for your contribution, but would be much oblige if you had expounded more on the questions above.

i am doing some research on this and would share my findings on nairaland when the time comes

In your research, how would you know when/whether you have arrived at the objective truth of the material you are researching? What methods of research would you use as a benchmark or guide?
Re: What Did The Blood Of Jesus Christ Do? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jun 16, 2008
Describing the methodolgy of my research here might be a bit cumbersome, but so far i have gained deeper understanding and discovered logical answers to previously unanswered or unexplained issues. These are truths you can identify with with and you can rationalize. In fact i can say a lot of things are beginning to fall into place. I can't say explain my self properly now cos there is still a lot to learn ( you see the more i delve into this research the more i realise how little knowledge is available to us) I have discovered that a lot of things God revealed to Man are being monopolised by a few "cults" around the world. I can't rationalize the veracity of the research methods i am using now but one thing is for sure i know it is the truth i am discovering. Imagine you had a jigsaw puzzle when you fill in the right pieces and a clearer picture emerges, you know you are on the right path, that is why i believe the outcome of my research, but as i said i am still researching
Re: What Did The Blood Of Jesus Christ Do? by huxley(m): 2:37pm On Jun 16, 2008
Jagoon:

Describing the methodolgy of my research here might be a bit cumbersome, but so far i have gained deeper understanding and discovered logical answers to previously unanswered or unexplained issues. These are truths you can identify with with and you can rationalize. In fact i can say a lot of things are beginning to fall into place. I can't say explain my self properly now because there is still a lot to learn ( you see the more i delve into this research the more i realise how little knowledge is available to us) I have discovered that a lot of things God revealed to Man are being monopolised by a few "cults" around the world. I can't rationalize the veracity of the research methods i am using now but one thing is for sure i know it is the truth i am discovering. Imagine you had a jigsaw puzzle when you fill in the right pieces and a clearer picture emerges, you know you are on the right path, that is why i believe the outcome of my research, but as i said i am still researching

Are you also questioning God's method of revealing his TRUTHS? Why would he prefer a method that would be hijacked and "monopolized" by some cults. Could he not have foreseen this in his omniscience and omnipotence. Is it not possible for him to redress the error he made to sort of the problem we have today with is method of communication with us?
Re: What Did The Blood Of Jesus Christ Do? by kolaoloye(m): 3:12pm On Jun 16, 2008
@ topic,
Redemption as in REDEMPTION. "If the Son shall set you free then you shall be free indeed".
Re: What Did The Blood Of Jesus Christ Do? by huxley(m): 3:37pm On Jun 16, 2008
kola oloye:

@ topic,
Redemption as in REDEMPTION. "If the Son shall set you free then you shall be free indeed".

The real christian boneheads who cannot speak without quoting dogma, are now coming on board. !! smiley
Re: What Did The Blood Of Jesus Christ Do? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 16, 2008
@huxley
huxley:

Are you also questioning God's method of revealing his TRUTHS? Why would he prefer a method that would be hijacked and "monopolized" by some cults. Could he not have foreseen this in his omniscience and omnipotence. Is it not possible for him to redress the error he made to sort of the problem we have today with is method of communication with us?
I am not questioning God's method of revealing the truth. You see there are some principles within which God created the world and Man. God created man in his image and likeness to be like him and God gave Man free will to do as he pleases and believe what he wants. So even though God is omnipotent and omniscience, he allows things to take there course. let me remind you of the story of the Garden of eden ( the fall of Man) this wasn't God's plan for Man even though he allowed it to happen. You see what you don't understand is that God created man to be a lesser god and he also gave man a lot of freedom and powers which man can use as he pleases. however this powers were limited by God because Man was prone to abuse this power and use it against the will of God and that is why Man's life span was limited to 120 years. So it would be wong for you to suggest God made an error what is more appropriate is that God allowed it.
Re: What Did The Blood Of Jesus Christ Do? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jun 16, 2008
@Huxley
It is this same man's proximity to distort the will of God that is making some "cults" highjack the truth as revealed by God in many ancient books that have now been highjacked by a few organizations which i refered to as "cults" It would suprise you that movements such as the resicusian amorc, free masons, eckankar and several other sects have there roots in the church especially the catholic church. It is these groups within the church that have highjacked several powerful secrets which God revealed to man in the ancient times and are using it for there own selfish ends. Of course to join these groups and gain the knowledge they have access to, you must take vows and engage in all sorts of rituals, all this is to ensure that their secret remains secret. You see the problem with most religions is Man himself, our religious leaders have manipulated the word of God to suit their whims and caprices and that is why there seems to be distortions here and there and a lot of question remain unanswered. Trust me the word of God is true the only problem is that what we have in circulation today as the bible is far from incomplete lots of other biblical books have been highjacked and that is why there iseems to be so many unanswered questions today.
I know you are a very logical Man, let me ask you one question the most intelligent people use less than ten percen of their brain capacity through out their life time (scientifically proven) (this also disproves the theory of evolution) why doyou think a man's brain is designed to be much more advanced than his requirement??
Re: What Did The Blood Of Jesus Christ Do? by huxley(m): 4:22pm On Jun 16, 2008
Jagoon:

@Huxley
It is this same man's proximity to distort the will of God that is making some "cults" highjack the truth as revealed by God in many ancient books that have now been highjacked by a few organizations which i refered to as "cults" It would suprise you that movements such as the resicusian amorc, free masons, eckankar and several other sects have there roots in the church especially the catholic church. It is these groups within the church that have highjacked several powerful secrets which God revealed to man in the ancient times and are using it for there own selfish ends. Of course to join these groups and gain the knowledge they have access to, you must take vows and engage in all sorts of rituals, all this is to ensure that their secret remains secret. You see the problem with most religions is Man himself, our religious leaders have manipulated the word of God to suit their whims and caprices and that is why there seems to be distortions here and there and a lot of question remain unanswered. Trust me the word of God is true the only problem is that what we have in circulation today as the bible is far from incomplete lots of other biblical books have been highjacked and that is why there iseems to be so many unanswered questions today.
I know you are a very logical Man, let me ask you one question the most intelligent people use less than ten percen of their brain capacity through out their life time (scientifically proven) (this also disproves the theory of evolution) why doyou think a man's brain is designed to be much more advanced than his requirement??

It is very difficult to have a conversation with you because you are in the habit of making claims without providing any supporting evidence. You have made claims about cults, highjacking of truths, god's word, human brain, evolution, etc, etc. For all I know, you opinions made just be local urban legends, which you have not put thru the rigor of intellectual analysis. Please, please, can you be more forthcoming with corroborating evidence?
Re: What Did The Blood Of Jesus Christ Do? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 16, 2008
@huxley
as i said in my initial post, i am still carrying out my research and it would be premature to start writing posts on it now, i only tried to answer one or two questions you asked. As i said by the time i am through with it i would share some of my findings with nairalanders i am sure every reasonable person would see things in a new perspective. I want to do a thorough research so that i would be able to write and comment on my findings authoritatively both based on biblical and emperical evidence.( I belong to the school of thought that beleives there is a bridge between science and religion, we just have to find it). So if i start responding now i might not be able to communicate my findings effectively. The line of thought is unconventional and you would not be able to understand it in isolated posts, there is a much bigger picture and i could actually write a wole book to explain things. But for a start as i said earlier, i suggest you get a copy of this book "DOCTRINE OF MEN" or read the preview online, it would open your eyes to a lot of things.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Permissive Will Of God / British Gay Priest To Marry Nigerian Man / Voodoo Or Science?: Vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.