Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,197 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Malawi Flames To Get $500 Bonus To Beat Super Eagles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Malawi Flames To Get $500 Bonus To Beat Super Eagles (680 Views)

Southafrica To Declare Tomorrow Public Holiday If Beat Super Eagles / Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor / Nigeria Vs Malawi - FIFA WCQ: (2 - 0) On 7th September 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Malawi Flames To Get $500 Bonus To Beat Super Eagles by tzetzefly(m): 2:41pm On Sep 06, 2013
Malawi will receive $500-a-man as bonus if they
upset Nigeria on Saturday to qualify for the final
round of the World Cup qualifiers. This is over 500% increase from the usual $85
dollars win bonus the Flames receive. Malawi Belgian coach Tom Saintfiet disclosed to
MTNFootball.com on arrival in Abuja on Thursday:
“My boys would be going home with a winning
bonus of $500 compared to the $85 they received
before. ”I don’t think the motivation for the players is the
money but national pride. I am surprised when I
hear that players of your Super Eagles are
discussing money and winning bonus.” Malawi could not stage a proper training camp
before this match because of the financial problems
facing Football Association of Malawi (FAM). Saintfiet
said he remains bullish about his team’s chances on
Saturday in Calabar despite the 1-0 loss they
suffered in their final warm-up game. “We made many changes (in that game) and really
we are not worried about that result,” he defended.

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/malawi-get-500-bonus-to-beat-eagles/
Re: Malawi Flames To Get $500 Bonus To Beat Super Eagles by Mannylex(m): 2:59pm On Sep 06, 2013
We would still beat them silly.
Re: Malawi Flames To Get $500 Bonus To Beat Super Eagles by zerocool(m): 8:29pm On Sep 06, 2013
Lol, i am sure they will be day-dreaming now

(1) (Reply)

Brazil 2014 Worlia Cup Its Nigeria Vs Ethiopia / Eminike Wins World Player Of The Week / Strikers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.