Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,771 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

Share Your Rag-day Experience - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Share Your Rag-day Experience (1753 Views)

Can You Participate In D Raggy Stuff On Rag Day / What Do You Think Of RAG Days In Universities? / Your Rag Day Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Rag-day Experience by MaziOmenuko: 4:47pm On Sep 06, 2013
Share your Rag-Day experience.

Just passing by and I saw some students on rag, with 'halloween' costumes, shaking their containers and 'asking' for loose change.

How was your rag day? Which city did you rag? Why did you chose the city? How much did you make? Finally, was it worth it?
Re: Share Your Rag-day Experience by MaziOmenuko: 4:48pm On Sep 06, 2013
I will go first. I ragged as a fresher and after that, I never participated again; it wasn't worth it, not for me. I think I made less than N3000 (if you deduct my transport to and fro)

I went down to Nnewi with my friends. We visited his dad's workplace and that's where majority of the cash came from. The remaining change picked on the street was damn useless.

So, share your rag day experience.
Re: Share Your Rag-day Experience by Neduzze5(m): 5:36pm On Sep 06, 2013
My own rag day was not worth it at all. I made -500 naira cry Infact, I made 300 naira and used all plus extra 200 from my own pocket on transport. I went to the great Aba city in Abia state
Re: Share Your Rag-day Experience by stylesco: 6:11pm On Sep 06, 2013
I was too shy to rag cry

Don't regret it though. Right now it just seems like begging.
I feel it has lost its meaning (don't even know what it means).

Every strange school rags now. undecided
Re: Share Your Rag-day Experience by Godmother(f): 8:33pm On Sep 06, 2013
I never ragged cos I never liked it. My first year in school I was interested though, but my aunt in school discouraged me and advised me to concentrate on settling in first. By my second year I had lost interest
Re: Share Your Rag-day Experience by Vivly(f): 8:38pm On Sep 06, 2013
Re: Share Your Rag-day Experience by zerocool(m): 9:09pm On Sep 06, 2013
Rag day? Lol. I think I am not made for that. undecided
Re: Share Your Rag-day Experience by MaziOmenuko: 9:21pm On Sep 06, 2013
Neduzze5: My own rag day was not worth it at all. I made -500 naira cry Infact, I made 300 naira and used all plus extra 200 from my own pocket on transport. I went to the great Aba city in Abia state

N500 for a full day's running around? Its really not worth is.
Re: Share Your Rag-day Experience by MaziOmenuko: 9:23pm On Sep 06, 2013
zerocool: Rag day? Lol. I think I am not made for that. undecided

As in? Are you an undergrad in a Nigerian university?
Re: Share Your Rag-day Experience by J0nyb0y(m): 9:34pm On Sep 06, 2013
Neduzze5: My own rag day was not worth it at all. I made -500 naira cry Infact, I made 300 naira and used all plus extra 200 from my own pocket on transport. I went to the great Aba city in Abia state

Lol.. E don red 4 u b dat..
Re: Share Your Rag-day Experience by ujchief(m): 11:04am On Sep 07, 2013
Rag day has lost its meaning now. It used to be fun those days.
Re: Share Your Rag-day Experience by MaziOmenuko: 5:36pm On Sep 12, 2013
ujchief: Rag day has lost its meaning now. It used to be fun those days.

mind sharing the 'fun' experience?
Re: Share Your Rag-day Experience by Beachqueen59(f): 7:09am On Sep 13, 2013
This is the first time am hearing of it.. I tot those pple were pretending to be masqurades
This is the first time am hearing of it.. I tot those pple were pretending to be masqurades
Re: Share Your Rag-day Experience by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 28, 2013
My school neva observed students week nor rag day d years i was/were in school! I doubt if they have changed by now
Re: Share Your Rag-day Experience by domido(m): 10:52pm On Sep 29, 2013
Na wa for una ooo....una no fit even display for public!!! I also saw dem last week and gave dem some money. In ma days in sch i made ova 5000 but like money wey u no work for e no reach 1 week. It was fun but tiring.
Re: Share Your Rag-day Experience by obainojazz(m): 6:29pm On Sep 30, 2013
didnt bother ragging....no time to go onitsha...coz dats where it all happens...but one gal got 26 thousand naira...cool...unizik rag sweet sha
Re: Share Your Rag-day Experience by An0nimus: 12:11am On Oct 01, 2013
For a shy person I made upto 8K when I ragged as a fresher. Never regreted the experience. We left as early as 6am and got into the city. In the course of moving around I lost touch with the guys I came with and that was when I saw another friend.

Me and this guy (who happened to be in my department too) later went round and did the craziest things ever. We entered bikes for free telling the bike men that thats how they can support our ragging. We entered a market and things just got crazier. All the market women were just smiling and giving us whatever they had. Some will even want to give you fish lol. After the market we went to shops around doing our thing before our final stop - A huge departmental store complex.

It was there I did the funniest things I could ever think of, was it the faked accents? or the acting? at a point I almost thought I was going mad sef. I pitied the beggars in front of that departmental store as that day we were everywhere so people didn't have much time for them.

At the end of the day I and my friend came together and shared some of what we got with the beggars.

I changed to normal clothes on my way home lol. If I ragged in my area I probably would've made more than 15K in total.

I didn't take a single picture but the images are still fresh in my memory.

Time sure does fly.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Rag-day Experience by MaziOmenuko: 3:50am On Oct 01, 2013
^^Great experience you've got there! Wish I had something close to that.
Re: Share Your Rag-day Experience by thathman(m): 3:26pm On Oct 06, 2013
I observed rag day in 200Level and it was the best experience I've had in the university... As I doubt if any other function can top It, I don't think I'd go for that ish again. Being a Medical student, conscience go judge you die!

Well I'm what you call shy especially when it comes to approaching people.

I went with a group of boys from my hostel. And we were just fabulous. We had swag instead of Rag. It was when we got to the bus stop sef we had to "re-rag" ourselves. We chose warri. Why? Cos none of us the five of us had actually been to warri b4.

We left Abraka for warri (delta state) as early as 6:30am clear skies and all. But on getting to the park about 15min later, rain that I've nt seen b4 started falling. Of cos we had doubting minds to go back but our head was straight about going.

It rained for 3hrs + but we fashied the rain and went about our business. Trekking the whole nooks and cranny of warri...
Mention any place in warri... We were there!

But you'd be surprised we didn't actually "beg" our costumes sold us off. I was pinging on my BB, another had an iphone 4s it was soo funny.... People actually begged to take pictures with us. We went to banks, companies, plaza... The last place we went to was the market where we didn't stay up to 10min!

Made about 50k total shared among 3 of us and I had 15k and I used abt 5k on luxury (rented a room at an hotel to change, dinner and cab back to sch). I left warri that day around 8pm or so.

Forgive the length,,, it was a sweet experience. And Abeg na touch screen phone I use take type forgive the typo too.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Rag-day Experience by MaziOmenuko: 5:02pm On Oct 06, 2013
^^Talk of ragging with swagcheesy
Quite an adventure.
Re: Share Your Rag-day Experience by thathman(m): 8:18pm On Oct 06, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: ^^Talk of ragging with swagcheesy
Quite an adventure.

Lool... You bet!

(1) (Reply)

Independence Day- I Blieve In One Nigeria / Creative Or Disgusting?- Family Put Baby In Salad Bowl,dress Him As Salad(photo) / 'queenmaris Cup' Produces Wild Jubilation Among Students In Egan Town, Igando.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.